Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 20 Sep, 2009 7:58 pm

A few guidelines for bettering our community.

I've noticed so many topics that eventually go onto being offensive, mean, and eventually some people get in trouble. No one likes that, right? So I've seen many good sites with really great communities and am posting a few guidelines we can all follow if we want to make RMD better.

Notice these are guidelines so you don't have to follow them, and don't yell at me for forcing you to act better. xD that's really ironic. Anyway, I'm not forcing this upon you, I'm just saying what may improve our community and make everyone's feelings better and make everyone happier. And don't defend yourself if you don't follow one of these guidelines... I've seen similar guidelines work on other sites.

Also post suggestions if you'd like.

--Listen to Mick and other admins
--Don't use offensive language to bully someone (eg. calling people names)
--Don't gang up on players or bully them.
--Religious, political, illegal, offensive topics (even if slightly mentioned) can cause huge arguments and offend players -- this includes discussions, jokes, remarks, etc.
--Don't spam/flood boards/topics
--Don't post stuff that's hard to read visually (bright colors, especially yellow)
--Don't use CAPS lock, it seems like you're yelling and can offend people (I know it offends me)
--Post on the appropriate board for convenience
--Chat speak is hard to read and interpret, so avoid posting in chat speak (real grammar is most liked)
--Don't advertise your art--if you want people to notice it, ask for constructive criticism, or post your art if it's relevant to the topic or an example of something (like a competition). Don't beg for ratings either.
--Don't try to cuss and use other spellings instead. It's just as offensive and inappropriate--maybe even more so.
--Don't make posts to purposefully start arguments or put down another player.
--Don't tell someone they're wrong or breaking a rule in a post others can see very obviously--message an admin or report it on "report inappropriate content."
--Don't mock other players.
--All RMD forum topics are public. Just because you start a topic, does not give you ownership to decide who can contribute and if you make people feel unwelcome and suggest they are not allowed to contribute, you may find the topic is removed or closed. (from Mick)
--Avoid "bumping" posts that don't contribute to the community
--While commenting drawings, try to explain what the artist could do better to achieve a better rating.

Last edited by shaden-creamsoda (19 Aug, 2010 7:49 pm)

#2 20 Sep, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: A few guidelines for bettering our community.

I'm totally with you on this, all some members seem to do is bully others. If new members see some of these posts it may turn them away.

If people were not so mean there would be more members which equals more awesome artwork to look at, more rates for everyone and everyone is happy!

We all need to remember that it is the members which make a good community and that we are all on this site for the same reason.

Everything you can imagine is real.
~ Picasso

#3 20 Sep, 2009 8:28 pm

Thanks, Moogley.

Last edited by shaden-creamsoda (20 Sep, 2009 9:02 pm)

#4 20 Sep, 2009 10:34 pm

yes yes good guidlines!smile

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
                                        You know who's beautiful? Read the first word.
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪

#5 20 Sep, 2009 10:59 pm

I'll follow them! big_smile

Just be yourself, everyone else is taken!

OMG! A flying banana! Leave me alone I don't need to go to thera- oh look a flying monkey chasing the banana!

#6 21 Sep, 2009 2:52 am

I will add one for those people that constantly don't quite understand what a public forum is wink

- All RMD forum topics are public. Just because you start a topic, does not give you ownership to decide who can contribute and if you make people feel unwelcome and suggest they are not allowed to contribute, you may find the topic is removed or closed.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#7 23 Sep, 2009 1:30 am

Heeeey Mick.

You know what would make my day?

If maybe... maybe this was up on the top of the Lounge forum. I.e. sticky.

Oooor if you posted something to the general effect of this as a sticky.

So people can look at it. And read it. And stuff.

#8 23 Sep, 2009 1:37 am

mick wrote:

I will add one for those people that constantly don't quite understand what a public forum is wink

- All RMD forum topics are public. Just because you start a topic, does not give you ownership to decide who can contribute and if you make people feel unwelcome and suggest they are not allowed to contribute, you may find the topic is removed or closed.

See guys, Mick DOES pay attention. smile Hasn't this been happening kinda A LOT lately? tongue
I agree with what Mick said. But at the same time, I can totally see the other side of the argument. It is a public forum, making it similar to talking in real life. Anybody can join in at any time and nobody can stop you. It's like being at a huge party and you see a few people in the corner talking about something together. You go over and just start joining in. Nobody can exactly stop you...because that would be rude. But also, should you really barge into their conversation unwelcomed?

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."-AE

#9 23 Sep, 2009 1:40 am

Yes, and both sides make a worse community. So if there weren't "sides", life would be better, and that's what I'm trying to do, I guess...?

#10 23 Sep, 2009 1:56 am

But really what i don't think is fair is having younger members whining to mick to fix the smallest of problems, and the fact that mick HAS to listen to them cause they always need to be baby sat roll and cause its a 'family friendly site'
Even if you do go into a thread, that is just for a small group of friends, the more you annoy them, then most likely the more that wont like you. and my prediction would be that the original members would leave their thread cause its been taken over by annoying/hyper active kids.
* Other things i wont mention, because its seems most people on here are not allowed to have an opinion anymore, Oh besides the younger members, why? cause they are so young and innocent and dont know any better, so unfair how they can use their age as a reason as for why they act like such little ............

Will say no more ....
*puts fake smile on* big_smileroll

Hakuna matata.

#11 23 Sep, 2009 11:26 am

I think you can sum everything up in one word - respect.
Everyone should have more wink

Everything you can imagine is real.
~ Picasso

#12 24 Sep, 2009 2:08 am

I certainly agree Moogley. It also has to do with stupid social status and stuff like that is really interesting to study but horrible to be part of.

It annoys me that the football players at our school have shirts that say "Respect" on them, though that's mainly for wanting respect, not giving respect to anyone else *couuuugh* marching band *couuuuuugh*

#13 10 Oct, 2009 7:17 pm

Along with the recent events, I'd like to bump this to remind everyone what makes a good community and lessens the possibility of people being hurt.

#14 11 Oct, 2009 1:06 am

don't post bright colorus?! i don't agree with that one >:[

You smell nice, stay with my pretty things. You belong to me now.

#15 11 Oct, 2009 1:56 am

Tash, I guess people with sight problems will have trouble reading bright stuff (including me... my eyes get really tired and I can't really read bright stuff... have to copy it into Word and change the font color to read it). It's not as important as other things I mentioned and is only a tip.

#16 11 Oct, 2009 2:04 am

Yes, the other things were good.
How about just don't post bright yellow?
that's the only colour that's really hard to read

You smell nice, stay with my pretty things. You belong to me now.

#17 11 Oct, 2009 2:06 am

These aren't really rules, they're guidelines, so you can do whatever you want. tongue

#18 11 Oct, 2009 10:46 pm

These are good guide lines. Today I had some one call me stupid and in DC I'm called ho face once or twice.

#19 12 Oct, 2009 12:47 am

YESH!
I totally absolutely amazingly agree.
Liek.. there are kinda groups of friends everywhere that make little forums for themselves, of course that'ss cool, but anyone is welcome at any time!
BECAUSE THEYRE PUBLIC FORUMSSSS.
xD
If you want 'private' conversations, go get on MSN or something.
*___*
Hahaa...
Like..yesh.
I'm part of a sort of group of friends type forum, but...I don't think we really care if people with similar intrests or with something to say want to come join in.
I'm done.

Lahve?

#20 12 Oct, 2009 6:00 pm

good guidelines i could add to that hat people should rate what they say they are rating becouse i think that some are just saying 5 in coments bu actually not doing i be brave and say whatyou think or just not write what youre rating...also mogleymog said something like it be good to follow these guidelines becouse we could get more peopleon the site i agree but i think... well at least fr me this is the best online drawing site anyway :)hope havent speled stuff wrong gotta go bye smile

everythngs good that has a good ending...

Board footer

172 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.