Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#21 13 Oct, 2009 8:55 am

Re: A few guidelines for bettering our community.

Oh my god, thats what i was thinking i sould do, because people just make some people feel unwelcome, like i've seen people bullying their younger, she was just commenting an other people soon was talking about her in a innapropriate manner, was saying 10 year old shouldn't comeon this site because they're too young and so on...I believe this site should be avalible for people over five (like my small brother only 3 and can use the computer, but problem is, he dont like art, he likes "uefa champions league 2009 intro" thats a word you'll see him typing on the internet day and night in 2 secnds like MAD) And so i believe any one who can write can surely draw, and if you can draw, well you've come to the right place, and i believe you should feel welcome as long as you promise not to mention/say/type innapropriate contents! Agree?

"So as always - draw with passion and don't focus too much on numbers and scores" - Mick big_smile

I Am An Idi0t...But I Am Totally Proud Of it. tongue

#22 13 Oct, 2009 9:28 am

taylor_tailz wrote:

Oh my god, thats what i was thinking i sould do, because people just make some people feel unwelcome, like i've seen people bullying their younger, she was just commenting an other people soon was talking about her in a innapropriate manner, was saying 10 year old shouldn't comeon this site because they're too young and so on...I believe this site should be avalible for people over five (like my small brother only 3 and can use the computer, but problem is, he dont like art, he likes "uefa champions league 2009 intro" thats a word you'll see him typing on the internet day and night in 2 secnds like MAD) And so i believe any one who can write can surely draw, and if you can draw, well you've come to the right place, and i believe you should feel welcome as long as you promise not to mention/say/type innapropriate contents! Agree?

Agree!

I might be back??? I might not??? I really don't know

#23 13 Oct, 2009 11:36 am

I just KNEW that someone was GOING to quote my saying on this one....(: im glad it was true and gladder you agree! xD

"So as always - draw with passion and don't focus too much on numbers and scores" - Mick big_smile

#24 14 Oct, 2009 12:31 am

I agree. Though some people might not think younger members are mature enough to rate drawings "correctly," there is really no way to "correctly" rate a drawing. It's all our pretty much the opinion of the critic, and if the critic doesn't understand the art piece, it's still their opinion.

#25 16 Oct, 2009 6:45 am

That's so true, you know im a reallly kind person, i really dont like getting into fights, I totally hate it when friends say that I have to choose between them, and i hate (hate is a strong word) it when i get into trouble, not saying ima teachers pet, im just saying i have a good heart

#26 16 Oct, 2009 6:46 am

And i forgot to write that you (cream soda) have a good heart too,
Hope that helps smile

#27 16 Oct, 2009 7:30 pm

Thanks; it all has to do with personalities/culture. I hate getting in trouble too, even if it's no me who did something. I still feel like I'm to blame if I didn't do anything.

But of course that's all besides the point! smile Still thanks for the responses and such! smile

#28 17 Oct, 2009 8:31 pm

I so agree and keep in mind,...Be kind, there's no rewind!

#29 17 Oct, 2009 10:09 pm

"While commenting drawings, try to explain what the artist could do better to achieve a better rating"

i am totally off with this idea and many others. how about be kind? some people dont like taking "this is good, but i think you could do better next time blah blah blah," because it does offend, sometimes, and could start arguments and hate-rates. i'd just say "be kind and nice"

#30 18 Oct, 2009 3:15 am

Well, there is a difference in saying "you can do better" and "here's what you can do to improve." If someone doesn't want feedback, they'll shut of the ability of a rater to give it.

The point of RMD for most people here is to get better at drawing and one of those ways is to get others to see what you can improve upon, and so anyone whose goal is not this should shut off the feedback system and my idea shouldn't apply to their drawings, obviously.

#31 19 Oct, 2009 12:06 am

i like the idea of this.
i understand, but 2me the ban of chat speak is, honestly, unreasonable.
many things u say in "chat speak" just don't translate well.
for example:lol= laugh out loud

you: -insert joke-
me: oh my gosh laugh out loud

but other than that big_smile

do I smile to much? i think i smile to much.... and i'm smiling while i'm typing again. agh.here.i'll frown.just for you smile ....... whoops

#32 19 Oct, 2009 1:09 am

Yeah, but chat speak can be misinterpreted and I really can't read it either.

#33 19 Oct, 2009 6:23 am

English is one of the most complicated languages on the planet, and people dilute it by getting lazy and not wanting to type out whole words and phrases.  If you want to be taken seriously or understood more clearly by some of the users here, you will have to use full words.  It looks better for you, and it shows you are willing to use your language skills to a level higher than the next person.  But, of course not everyone will even bother. xD  So sorry if I look like I am saying everyone needs to type proper.

#34 19 Oct, 2009 9:07 am

taylor_tailz wrote:

i'm 11, that doesn't stop me from coming on here, and from people really enjoying my artwork
i feel sorry for whoever you are talking about ):

You smell nice, stay with my pretty things. You belong to me now.

#35 19 Oct, 2009 9:57 am

TASHlikeWOAHHx wrote:

taylor_tailz wrote:

i'm 11, that doesn't stop me from coming on here, and from people really enjoying my artwork
i feel sorry for whoever you are talking about ):

I feel it may be me(I have/had to people be mean to me)

I might be back??? I might not??? I really don't know

#36 19 Oct, 2009 1:16 pm

Poor u! but its not just u, its heaps of others like lipgloss, maximillion, theallstar12 and heaps MORE!!

P.s: i hope peopl like my artwork! big_smile do u? xD

#37 19 Oct, 2009 8:38 pm

Good tips... about the whole age thing, YESSS....

For instance, Cherry_Gurl will tell me in drawchat that  "I'm a stupid 10 year old" and will be mean to me and stuff.. but I dun really care anymore. o_O

Oh! About the chat talk, Im against with what shaden said. Im sorry, but we should be able to say our words the way we want to. If its hard for you to interpret some chat talk, then just ignore it. It's not our fault if its hard for you to read certain things.

Omg.... that just sounded so mean. Please dont take it mean D: Its just my opinion

Which makes me think of what Sweetlove said about how "opinions obviously arent allowed anymore" . I think thats totally true, everyone gets offended or in an argument etc., if someone tries to speak their opinion.

tongue Anyone agree with me?

If you draw me I'll give you 15 rates and 10 comments (:
Go here for the thread: http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … p?id=23578
Thaaaaaaaaaaanks. big_smile

#38 22 Oct, 2009 8:01 pm

*Nods and crosses arms* I totally agree with the guidelines, (and I like talking "Proper" instead of chatspeak) the last site I used to go to didnt follow the rules to well.
and SoSweetItsScary your totally right about opinions, I told mine this other site and they blew up in my face (i was just trying to stop somthing bad from happening -_-')

And I have a quick question, is posting music videos okay? Cause i made one, but youtube wont let me post it on there, so I was hoping I could show you guys...

Last edited by Day_dreamer (22 Oct, 2009 8:02 pm)

#39 22 Oct, 2009 9:54 pm

Dude you dont need to ask for permission here to do  something, you don't even need to follow these rules.

Last edited by sweetlove15 (22 Oct, 2009 9:54 pm)

Hakuna matata.

#40 22 Oct, 2009 10:19 pm

oh well, I just feel I need to big_smile

Last edited by Day_dreamer (22 Oct, 2009 10:45 pm)

Board footer

186 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.