Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#81 13 Nov, 2010 1:28 am

Re: A few guidelines for bettering our community.

LeahW wrote:

ladyjojd wrote:

Would there be any consequences?

to me this sounds extremely suspicious

This made me lol for no reason.

My new word is "Fuzzoodle". 
LALALALALALLALALALALALLALLAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#82 13 Nov, 2010 1:43 pm

Cyber-bullying is NOT allowed in RMD right?
Would there be any consequences?
--
if that does not sound suspicious to you i don't know what does

#83 18 Jan, 2011 3:26 pm

How do you go about asking people to look at your art without coming off as "begging for ratings". I know how I feel when I have worked hard on something and few people notice it or comment on it. I cannot imagine how discouraged members must be who have posted their drawings to only have them ignored time after time.

I am here for several reasons. One of which is to improve my work. Another is to have a response to my work. Is there really any artist that would show their art and not care if it is appreciated?

I know that you have to comment on other artists to get your name around but it seems to me that this is a game being played extremely well by some. It is a fine line between doing that and begging for ratings.

I am in awe of some of the talent on this site. Continuously amazed and challenged to better my work. Do I expect to be the "best"??? Never. Do I expect to get noticed for my work...it would be nice. Do I feel that you can honestly rate drawings here without suffering a backlash on your own work? No.

#84 06 Feb, 2011 4:44 pm

Take some good advise.. Don't be a bully.. specially a Cyber Bully sad there are the makings of this on RMD @ the moment sad.. Stamp it out.. do not put up with it you do not have to....Talk to someone you trust & ask for some good advise.. Stay happy smile

Glynn90****

" I Think therefore I Am"     I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!

#85 06 Feb, 2011 4:52 pm

Mick, Do some thing about this matter please before it gets out of hand....BTW... For the more long term members.(sorry new members) do you remember a member of RMD   Artist called "headless person" she was bullied not Cyber bullies ( perhaps.. but, bullied all the same!!!!) & . not on this site.. however remember people like her ., she mattered too.

Glynn90****

" I Think therefore I Am"     I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!

#86 06 Feb, 2011 5:16 pm

This is a subject that is "close to my heart" & I know other members think think that... Remember... mick is here for you & this site is safe:).. New Members specially remeber this smile ..Now I will stp waffling on & go to bed.. Goodnight to all big_smile

Glynn90****

#87 07 Feb, 2011 3:17 am

Glynn is right.  This should always be a safe place for sharing.

I guess my advice would be:  let people be themselves.  No one should assume that they understand the mind or motives of another user.  When users start threads or make comments challenging why other users do what they do, draw what they draw, and say what they say, it creates an atmosphere of paranoia where people can't freely create art or make comments without worrying about what other users will think of them.  It shouldn't be that way.  The best thing we can all do for this community is to support each other ... not tear each other down.

#88 01 Mar, 2011 3:49 pm

believerinjc wrote:

I cannot imagine how discouraged members must be who have posted their drawings to only have them ignored time after time.

I am here for several reasons. One of which is to improve my work. Another is to have a response to my work. Is there really any artist that would show their art and not care if it is appreciated?

I'm posting in an old thread, but I was just reading through and that caught my eye.

And I agree 100%. The feeling you get when you put hard work into something, just to see that it's just drowned out in the sea of other drawings... feels bad. And most people want to be noticed when they put a lot of hard work into something. Some people here just draw to put their emotions into the site, and they draw for themselves, and that's awesome. I have some drawings that had that same purpose. But for some drawings, you have that small feeling of hope that people will look at it and comment and talk about it.
The thing is, there's over 500,000 drawings on the site, and over 56,000 artists.
So just making a piece of art, then not saying anything about it will most likely make you have some very, very low views, since there's already so much other stuff to look at.
So how do you get people to look at it without begging for rates? Personally, I don't really care about rates, I just like it when people look at my art and tell me what I could do better. I think you have to give rates to have rates.
But I'm also a hypocrite. Because honestly, I don't just go around looking at as many drawings as I can, rating and commenting. And I think that's one of the best ways to get noticed. Because I know that on my end, when I'm given advice, I check out the advisor's profile to see how they draw, and usually I'll start rating/commenting on their art.

To finish the rant, because I don't really know what I'm getting at, I just think that if you want your art to be appreciated, go ahead and appreciate art around you first. Chances are, people will start looking at your art more.

/rant

Last edited by Inferno_Pen (01 Mar, 2011 3:51 pm)

#89 01 Mar, 2011 4:15 pm

TASHlikeWOAHHx wrote:

taylor_tailz wrote:

Oh my god, thats what i was thinking i sould do, because people just make some people feel unwelcome, like i've seen people bullying their younger, she was just commenting an other people soon was talking about her in a innapropriate manner, was saying 10 year old shouldn't comeon this site because they're too young and so on...I believe this site should be avalible for people over five (like my small brother only 3 and can use the computer, but problem is, he dont like art, he likes "uefa champions league 2009 intro" thats a word you'll see him typing on the internet day and night in 2 secnds like MAD) And so i believe any one who can write can surely draw, and if you can draw, well you've come to the right place, and i believe you should feel welcome as long as you promise not to mention/say/type innapropriate contents! Agree?

i'm 11, that doesn't stop me from coming on here, and from people really enjoying my artwork
i feel sorry for whoever you are talking about ):

really? I always thought you were like 13-15!! you rock tash big_smile

I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
PHWOAR!

#90 01 Mar, 2011 4:16 pm

TASHlikeWOAHHx wrote:

x_Ianju wrote:

SoSweetItsScary wrote:

--Don't post stuff that's hard to read visually (bright colors, especially yellow)

So you're saying I can't talk like this?

yellow is hard to see XD

highlight it if you can't see it, it helps (:

So you're saying I can't talk like this[color=#0050dc]

OMG THATS SO COOL!!

I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
PHWOAR!

#91 01 Mar, 2011 10:12 pm

Inferno_Pen wrote:

believerinjc wrote:

I cannot imagine how discouraged members must be who have posted their drawings to only have them ignored time after time.

I'm posting in an old thread, but I was just reading through and that caught my eye.

And I agree 100%. The feeling you get when you put hard work into something, just to see that it's just drowned out in the sea of other drawings... feels bad. And most people want to be noticed when they put a lot of hard work into something. Some people here just draw to put their emotions into the site, and they draw for themselves, and that's awesome. I have some drawings that had that same purpose. But for some drawings, you have that small feeling of hope that people will look at it and comment and talk about it.
The thing is, there's over 500,000 drawings on the site, and over 56,000 artists.
So just making a piece of art, then not saying anything about it will most likely make you have some very, very low views, since there's already so much other stuff to look at.
So how do you get people to look at it without begging for rates? Personally, I don't really care about rates, I just like it when people look at my art and tell me what I could do better. I think you have to give rates to have rates.
But I'm also a hypocrite. Because honestly, I don't just go around looking at as many drawings as I can, rating and commenting. And I think that's one of the best ways to get noticed. Because I know that on my end, when I'm given advice, I check out the advisor's profile to see how they draw, and usually I'll start rating/commenting on their art.

To finish the rant, because I don't really know what I'm getting at, I just think that if you want your art to be appreciated, go ahead and appreciate art around you first. Chances are, people will start looking at your art more.

/rant

I actually do log onto the site and just look at pieces to comment and rate them. You can't comment on everything but I try to encourage people even if I'm not in the drawing mood myself......Thank you  for commenting. I appreciate what you have said and that you took the time to write it.

#92 02 Mar, 2011 12:33 am

No problem smile I don't spend an enormous amount of time on the site, so when I am, I'm usually just sketching, and I don't really go around commenting/rating. It's usually when I see people talk to me that I'll go rate their drawings, so I don't really get all that much views lmao tongue

#93 20 Jun, 2011 6:21 pm

believerinjc wrote:

Inferno_Pen wrote:

believerinjc wrote:

/rant

I actually do log onto the site and just look at pieces to comment and rate them. You can't comment on everything but I try to encourage people even if I'm not in the drawing mood myself......Thank you  for commenting. I appreciate what you have said and that you took the time to write it.

I have said this too myself over and over again. I draw for me, but some of my drawings I put so much effort into. I spend all day or a week to draw it and in return just a few rates. It makes me wonder....I don't care about the rates either. What I liked was when I joined 2 years ago people were constantly rating me fair, and leaving great advice along with writing me with some tips. Now a days I get cute, nice or no comment at all. I don't care to be top artist I just want to know how to get better for myself. Instead of the hate rating, no comments, and no rate at all.

I  love to come on here not just to draw but to look at the wonderful art, and love to compare the artist 1st drawing to how long they been on RMD and then look at their new stuff. It lets you know what wonderful artist RMD makes.

“Are you sure..That we are awake? It seems to me..That yet we sleep, we dream”
― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

#94 08 Sep, 2011 12:37 am

Im sorry to post this & interrupt anything but no one was answering my topic...please forgive me but has anyone else had trouble with DrawChat live not loading?? When i sign in all it says is "connecting" and it doesnt do anything....again..sorry to intrude..sad

#95 08 Sep, 2011 1:11 am

I completely agree with these guidelines. I know that some members are constantly trying to break the rules, and it really annoys me. mad I ALWAYS try to follow the rules of a site. I know there were some sites I saw that looked fun, but then I looked at the rules and it was like they didn't have very good rules. hmm Or you were allowed to do things on the site I don't want people to be doing around me. It would just make me mad and I'd quit. neutral So I didn't join. But anyway, I love RMD because of the guidelines it has, to keep people from doing things that aren't allowed. Unfortunately some people are still breaking the rules, but it's not as often. ^-^

Confided_Secrets wrote:

Im sorry to post this & interrupt anything but no one was answering my topic...please forgive me but has anyone else had trouble with DrawChat live not loading?? When i sign in all it says is "connecting" and it doesnt do anything....again..sorry to intrude..sad

I had that same problem yesterday sad

Sorry if this seems too long. I also know this topic hasn't been posted on much. But I wanted to state my opinion. XD

Sonic is my favorite character now. smile

#96 30 Apr, 2013 10:52 pm

Kool ya.

Eat your vedgies!
-some guy

Board footer

154 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.