I am excited to announce that we have launched a test "Alpha" version of DrawChat 2. Not all members will have access to this test version, but most of you will.
You can access this test version by clicking the link in the top of DrawChat that says "Help test DrawChat 2 here" or by following this link http://www.ratemydrawings.com/chat/drawchat2_alpha.php
About this version:
This version of DrawChat is still in development and is only available temporarily while we perform necessary tests. There may be some bugs or issues and we welcome you to report them here http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … id=393833. It is also important to note that the test version is separate from the old version so people using different versions will not see each other and will be using different canvases.
IMPORTANT: Any DrawChat's submitted using this test version may be deleted but please feel free to use this version and submit to the gallery.
You will notice a new layout and many new features. Here is an overview of just some of the new updates
- The Lounge room is the entry to DrawChat and is now for chat only (not drawing). This is to make the doorway to DrawChat a place where people do not interrupt any drawing taking place and is a good place to look for people not currently drawing who may want to draw in a room
- A customizable layout: move any window anywhere you like and resize the chat window to whatever size you like
- Many new tools including an oval and rectangle tool
- A new color picker (this may get some new features in the near future)
- New permissions and Room Moderators: Many of you will notice that you have "Room moderator" access which gives you the ability to turn on/off drawing access to other users and also use the new UNDO features.
- Zoom in and out on the canvas
- Move/Drag the canvas around
- A new "reference image" feature where you can load an image from the web into a small window to use as a reference image while you draw
- A new "bad feedback" reporting system where you an report scribblers. We have various new reporting systems behind the scenes that will help us better track scribblers and some auto-temporary banning in place for very bad offenders
Please remember that this version is still being tested. Various features are still being adjusted and will be improved or adjusted during our test phase. Wish DrawChat 2 good luck and I hope you all start enjoying the new features.
An update on DrawChat 2 - We are progressing well through bugs and only have a few bigger issues left that we will be working on and should have complete over the coming days.
We have noticed that some users are noticing lag on DrawChat 2. This seems to be an issue for some, while others have reported much less lag. We will continue to investigate this. We have created a temporary room called "small canvas" where we have created a canvas the same size as DrawChat 1. Those who have been experiencing lag, please report back to us whether this smaller canvas helps remove your lag issue so we can determine if the issue is caused by the new larger canvas.
One other possible cause of this lag, is that we increased the amount of ink on DrawChat 2 by about 25%. With more ink comes more resources needed to render all the additional lines. If we notice that the amount of ink is big contributer to lag for people, we may revert back to our old ink limit while we investigate a better long-term solution to improve this lag issue.
Byebye "username taken"
In DrawChat 2, we are quite confident that we have fixed the old issue people had where they would get a "username taken" error when you lost connection from DrawChat.
Overall, we are very happy with progress. Please continue to use DrawChat 2 and report all your issues to us so we can address them.