Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 20 Jul, 2010 1:08 am

Amazing Underrated Drawings

OK ... the idea of this topic is to post drawings from other users that you think are really well done and deserve more attention from our community.    This topic is NOT to post your own drawings ... please don't.  The purpose is to give exposure to artists that you think deserve more attention for their work ... not those artists who already get plenty of rates.  You can post as many drawings as you like, and feel free to explain what you think the artist did well in the drawing.  Please add the artists' names next to their drawings, so it's easier to see who did them, and please wait until a drawing is at LEAST three days old or so before posting it here. Ideally, I'd suggest to wait even longer, perhaps a week, because some drawings are just slow starters, but three days seems fair.

I'll start with one of my recent favorites:

rina12

I think she did a brilliant job on the fur ... it's so detailed!  The depth and focus is very well done as well.  Overall it's just an amazing and skilled draw.

Since I moved this thread and deleted the one posted in Lounge, here are the drawings suggested by other users so far:

zobi  (suggested by CupCakeGirl!)

stickyrice  (suggested by Eatbbycks)

Addie  (suggested by Day_Dreamer)

dummypainting  (suggested by Sweetlove 15)

All excellent suggestions.   I hope people will take the time to visit these drawings and maybe check out the artists' galleries while they're there.  big_smile

Keep posting!

Last edited by mingu (08 Aug, 2010 3:26 am)

#2 20 Jul, 2010 1:33 am

Re: Amazing Underrated Drawings

mingu wrote:

If this topic doesn't show up in the Recent Forum Topics list soon, I'm gonna give up and delete it.  I hoped to give some artists some added exposure for their work, but if no one's gonna see the topic it kinda defeats the purpose.  hmm

This is such a good idea, Mingu! I definitely agree that there are lots of underrated drawings smile You should take suggestions and maybe switch around the drawings every once in a while. tongue Either way, very nice of you ^_^

#3 20 Jul, 2010 1:42 am

tomorrowNight wrote:

mingu wrote:

If this topic doesn't show up in the Recent Forum Topics list soon, I'm gonna give up and delete it.  I hoped to give some artists some added exposure for their work, but if no one's gonna see the topic it kinda defeats the purpose.  hmm

This is such a good idea, Mingu! I definitely agree that there are lots of underrated drawings smile You should take suggestions and maybe switch around the drawings every once in a while. tongue Either way, very nice of you ^_^

Pheeeew!  Finally it showed up.  big_smile

My hope, T.N. is that the thread will continue on over time, so that new works will regularly be added.  I agree that a thread full of outdated drawings isn't gonna help the artists much.  Perhaps as people visit some of these artists' galleries, they'll begin to add newer works they've done too as time progresses, along with other artists' drawings.

#4 20 Jul, 2010 3:31 am

"Im not bad, Im just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit.

#5 20 Jul, 2010 3:36 am

Fantastic drawing, Lizebeth, and Lea is an amazing artist ... I don't think it's hurting for ratings though at 96 rates!  wink

#6 20 Jul, 2010 3:42 am

hahaah oh smile

"Im not bad, Im just drawn that way." - Jessica Rabbit.

#7 20 Jul, 2010 4:00 am

#8 20 Jul, 2010 4:46 am

She really deserves more attention, her coloring skills are awesome!! smile

#9 20 Jul, 2010 5:59 am

I remember making a thread like this a very long time ago. I can't remember what happened to it though. So it's great to have another thread like this again ^__^

Last edited by sweetlove15 (20 Jul, 2010 6:02 am)

Hakuna matata.

#10 20 Jul, 2010 11:18 am

I hope you don't mind ... I put up the picture you recommended and the artist's name, so everyone could see it.  I agree, it's a very cool pic.  smile

Sadlave

Last edited by mingu (20 Jul, 2010 11:53 am)

#11 20 Jul, 2010 11:25 am

Innocent.Mask wrote:

XxdarkkixX

She really deserves more attention, her coloring skills are awesome!! smile

Oh wow I've never seen her work before, but you're right ... she does color beautifully.  smile  I added her name next to the drawing, if that's OK.

Last edited by mingu (20 Jul, 2010 11:52 am)

#12 20 Jul, 2010 11:49 am

sweetlove15 wrote:

I remember making a thread like this a very long time ago. I can't remember what happened to it though. So it's great to have another thread like this again ^__^

I knew someone else had done something like this ... I didn't realize it was you, Em.  I'm glad you don't mind me continuing with your original idea.  smile  These drawings you chose are fantastic!

I added the artists' names next to them.  I'm hoping people will check out their galleries too.

LEWIS3222                      

LEWIS3222                                     

peonia                           

Sonarley

Last edited by mingu (24 Jul, 2010 5:16 pm)

#13 20 Jul, 2010 12:25 pm

Here's another one I think is beautifully done and full of color and imagination:

halloweyes89

Last edited by mingu (24 Jul, 2010 5:17 pm)

#14 20 Jul, 2010 12:50 pm

Mingu you really rock in the forum...this is absolutely a brilliant idea....BRAVO

He who laughs last thinks slowest!  so start lafing!  smileneutralbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolrollcoolsmileneutralbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolrollcoolsmileneutralbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolrollcool

#15 20 Jul, 2010 12:56 pm

He who laughs last thinks slowest!  so start lafing!  smileneutralbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolrollcoolsmileneutralbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolrollcoolsmileneutralbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolrollcool

#16 20 Jul, 2010 3:25 pm

here are a couple of saliya's drawings big_smile she is very underrated

Last edited by xXmadzXx (20 Jul, 2010 3:26 pm)

"Hearing nuns' confessions is like being stoned to death by popcorn." Fulton Sheen
When life gives you lemons and you are allergic, it is an omen
"Run Mr. Krabs! Run like you're not in a coma!" - Spongebob Squarepants

#17 20 Jul, 2010 3:32 pm

and here is one of *DamnedAfterAll* 's drawings big_smile love the kitty

"Hearing nuns' confessions is like being stoned to death by popcorn." Fulton Sheen
When life gives you lemons and you are allergic, it is an omen
"Run Mr. Krabs! Run like you're not in a coma!" - Spongebob Squarepants

#18 20 Jul, 2010 4:14 pm

This is definitely underrated:

Vekulin

Last edited by GhostDog58 (22 Jul, 2010 5:55 pm)

#19 20 Jul, 2010 4:29 pm

the first one is orangballoon and i love her art so much big_smile shes new so all her drawings are underrated sad

the second one is hime-j who is also fairly new and doesnt get too many rates either

im in love with this thread big_smile its such a good idea ill keep looking for drawings to post here

♒ + ♐ = ♥

#20 20 Jul, 2010 4:37 pm

wow, so many amazing artists smile

I so totally don't deserve to be up there...I have a suggestion though.

I like the emotion in the picture. I think they deserve more attention, they're really good.

Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, life, love, faith and purity
1 Timothy 4:12

Board footer

158 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.