Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#41 04 Dec, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Critique The Drawing Above :D

Reinboo: The position and angle of the girl is a bit odd to me... I think it would look better if she were at least slightly more centered and standing upright. The shading of the hair could use improvement - perhaps you could draw more individual strands of hair and add some more contrast/highlights? The facial features seem to be oddly positioned... it would most likely look better if they were moved up. It feels like they're all crammed in down at the bottom. I don't know if you did this, but it does help to use guides to determine what should go where before you actually begin the drawing. Also, there is no shading on the clothing, which looks out of place when compared to the face and hair (that is shaded).

Even though I've given a lot of suggestions, I feel I should add that I still think your drawing is quite adorable. I hope you are able to find something helpful in my critique.

My drawing:

#42 04 Dec, 2010 7:02 pm

I think you should shade the dress just a bit more so it looks natural. Other than that, good job!

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. <3
Never let a boy sweep you off your feet, because then he is in the perfect position to drop you on your butt.

#43 04 Dec, 2010 7:20 pm

ermmmm well maybe clean up the 2nd "s"? and fill in the bottom and right edges? i dunno it seems pretty good to me big_smile

heres my newest pic...

To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world.

#44 04 Dec, 2010 8:51 pm

um um um..ummmm let me see. work better on the shadin of the cloth i think. But it looks good already

ahah i forgot about my drawing

Last edited by Shikuna (04 Dec, 2010 8:52 pm)

......just walk the path you chose in your dreams and fight in despite what the world might throw at you.....                                                   
  _       _           
(_ \  | /_ ) 
   ( / | \ )

#45 04 Dec, 2010 10:42 pm

Nothing wrong with it, just needs a bg maybe. And the top of her head where the hair is looks a bit smallish. Otherwise, i love it big_smile

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ … 27254.html
not done yet xD

I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
PHWOAR!

#46 05 Dec, 2010 12:26 am

Can't say much since it's still a work in progress, but the shoulders look sort of awkward. Maybe have the place where they connect to the neck be lower?

Last edited by minime12 (05 Dec, 2010 12:36 am)

Never let a boy sweep you off your feet, because then he is in the perfect position to drop you on your butt.

#47 05 Dec, 2010 5:08 am

umm....well i would make it less blurry so the lines are more prounced. the shadows kinda confused me too because a bunch go behind the trees and  one goes out the front. i really like the drawing though, its elegant!

here's mine!

My favorite animal is a cow. My second favorite animal is a manatee. My third favorite animal is a sloth. My fourth favorite animal is a sea sponge
In case you wanted to know...

#48 05 Dec, 2010 10:45 am

@idna:   Sun is a bit wonky looking and the line at the root of the cactus looks kinda shaky. You could have added more shading or something to the sky, the christmas hat looks kinda odd or something. otherwise its pretty good smile

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ … 27479.html
still a wip xD

I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
PHWOAR!

#49 05 Dec, 2010 11:18 am

Hmm.. i see a lot that could improve but lets start with her pose, it looks a little plain, like no perspective, no body movement, no hands... so you schould work on bodies. second, her hair i dunno why but it looks weird D: And she has no ear XD maybe that's why it looks off smile Also her eyes are to low, and her nose to high D: Gmhh, i'll just stop now... XD

(yes this is a drawing of me on a other account big_smile)
I've been thinking of making some changes with his hair and eyes hmm

Jump on the skateboard, Yatagarasu~

#50 05 Dec, 2010 12:05 pm

Okay... His mouth is really off center. ^^" Plus, his eyes are too closely set, maybe a little bit more space between them? And try to make the right eye look slightly smaller. His face is weirdly shaped. You should practice with the position a bit more, anatomy/perspective is a bit off. And the hair looks a little strange. (Oh lord I am such a hypocrite ;_; )
Just practice on how you draw people on the 45 degree angle type thing.
Try looking at other styles and look at how other artists draw.

Mine again xD It's unfinished and the thumb looks horrible T_T
(Also I forgot her eyebrows |D)

Sorry mellmonster if I'm picking on you D':

Me: "He smelt nice..." Friends: ".......................ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww." Me: "ATLEAST HE'S HYGIENIC D:<"

If you hasn't noticed I'm a girl... =w="

#51 05 Dec, 2010 12:33 pm

Her eyes are a bit too far apart, her neck is a teeenny tinnny bit too long (just a little!)
her shoulders are a bit on the pointy side. Some of the corners on her hair look a bit jagged. Maybe lower the eyes a teeny bit? ;A: I must say thought, its a really cute picture.

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ … 27492.html
Tell me if anything's wrong with the anatomy so i can change it. Or if anything else looks odd ;A:

I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
PHWOAR!

#52 05 Dec, 2010 2:56 pm

The arms look a little chubby at the top, and the eyes are a little too far apart.

#53 05 Dec, 2010 8:53 pm

It needs more detail, more effort and time put into it. It's well done with the shading but it is in need of looking more realistic. smile

Was just practicing with shading and sketching, I don't expect much from this:

Last edited by Kagemini (05 Dec, 2010 8:55 pm)

Me: "He smelt nice..." Friends: ".......................ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww." Me: "ATLEAST HE'S HYGIENIC D:<"

#54 06 Dec, 2010 6:16 am

Kagemini: I like the use of color... I like that it's mostly black and white with the eyes and part of the background in color. The head seems a bit too large for the body, and the body itself seems a little... boxy? I don't know if that's the word I'm looking for. I don't know how old the girl is supposed to be, but judging from her outfit, at least, I think she could be at least a bit more curvy. The hairstyle is cute. The shading is nice; it could be improved, but I don't know what suggestions to make, really, since that's something I need a lot of improvement in, as well. smile

Last edited by koronaphoenix (06 Dec, 2010 6:17 am)

#55 06 Dec, 2010 6:59 am

Holy lordy I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES!! big_smile
Anyway~ Try to be a bit cleaner and a bit more detailed. I like her pose. Maybe next time you should try copying the face off a ref, it's much easier and you get used to drawing faces, because her face looks a little strange. Try use the smoothing setting when you draw, because the lines come out smoother and not so jaggedy. Well done on realism, I suck at it tongue

Last edited by Kagemini (06 Dec, 2010 7:00 am)

#56 06 Dec, 2010 4:54 pm

Hmm... hard since it is abstract and original and soo... try making more details on the mountain like light shading that shows where the sun is. making small grass starws..

Proud Christian

#57 06 Dec, 2010 11:03 pm

hmm well it kinda looks like the cat is like part of his jacket if that makes sense. i'd do something to make them stand out from each other more. other than that it's really good (: 

snakes have no arms that's why they don't wear vests

#58 07 Dec, 2010 8:13 pm

genericusername, 

It needs more shading definitely, her neck looks too long and wide. Her right eye looks is too far away from the nose. overall, good. better than what i could EVER do in realism, though xD

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ … 28063.html

FINALLY finished it xD

I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
PHWOAR!

#59 08 Dec, 2010 4:42 am

Reinboo:

+ The pose and composition is much better in this drawing. I like that your lineart is very clean. I prefer a bit of variation in line thickness, but that is completely personal preference, not a fault of the drawing. The shading on the skin looks nice. The hair style is adorable.

- The facial features still seem to be crammed into the bottom of the face rather than where they should be. Maybe that's just your style, though. It doesn't look "bad", it's just a bit odd to me. The object in her hand could be shaded a bit. The lines in her hair could be smoother. There's also a lot of negative space... if you don't have anything else you'd like to put in the background, maybe you could "zoom in" on the character a bit more in future drawings to remedy this.

Overall impression: I think this drawing is an improvement on the last one. Your character designs are always very cute. smile

#60 08 Dec, 2010 9:52 am

koronaphoenix

+I think your last draw is an improvement over your earlier draws, and the composition is pretty good over all.  I think you did a very good job of drawing the parts of the face.

-Looking at an image that I assume was the reference, the Leeloo's skin tone is a bit darker, the jawline should cover up a bit more of the ear, and Leeloo's right ear should still be visible in the shadows.  The head also seems to be turned a little to her left, but you didn't get the eyes noes and mouth drawn on the same angle.

I think you did a very good job over all, keep practicing and I think you'll creating some very impressive portraits.

Last edited by tabris (08 Dec, 2010 9:53 am)

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” -Bruce Lee

Board footer

174 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.