Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 25 Dec, 2010 4:28 am

Merry Christmas to all from RMD

Happy Holidays to all RateMyDrawings members. While you may not all celebrate Christmas, this is likely a holiday for you anyway and a time to spend with friends and family. The year is coming to an end and we can all look back at a wonderful year or look forwards to an even better year.

I want to thank everyone who has spent time on RateMyDrawings, and remind us all how lucky we are to be part of the community of artists that is RateMyDrawings. Our website truly only exists through the combined efforts and friendship of everyone. I know that I contribute a lot to this community, but without all of you, it would be nothing. It's not any one artist that keeps our website thriving, it's the combined friendships, the constant commenting, rating, group drawchats, and even if you only contribute one drawing a year, that may be enough to inspire 100 other artists, so I thank you all.

This time of year is all about sharing, and it comes at an interesting time that recently it was discovered that there was a 5-way tie for top ranked artist on RateMyDrawings. This is a first in the history of our website and perhaps a reminder to us all how all the great artists on our website are equally talented and it is near impossible to rank  many artists above or below one another. While I am very happy to see such an interesting rank take place, there will be a very minor update to our ranking system shortly which may shuffle a few people around. Our ranking formula will be getting a little more granular to reflect the number of drawings by top artists that all get ranked so closely to make sure equal-ranking happens less frequently.

Again I want to thank you all and wish you all the best for 2011. It will be another great year for RateMyDrawings in 2011.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

Board footer

120 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.