Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#3602 04 Apr, 2013 5:13 pm

Re: Nintendo Fanclub!

Those are some things that would definitely help the next Zelda game out.
Especially the "hidden skills" part.
I think that they should go out of their way to put in special items and stuff and an ultimate reward for collecting all of them.
Majora's Mask did that amazingly well.
You didn't HAVE to get all the masks, but they all had unique and challenging sidequests with them as the prize (And they all generally did something cool) and after you collected all of them you get the freaking OP Fierce Diety's mask.

Zelda is in the "adventure" genre after all, make it so adventuring actually has cool rewards.
I always hated sidequests (Especially boring ones) that in the end only gave you heart pieces or rupees.

Well then...that was..."interesting".

#3603 05 Apr, 2013 1:16 am

They should also definitely ditch the 'unique transporting'.

You activated a Goddess Cube. You get on your Loftwing and check out where the treasure lies.

Other friggin' side of Cloudtopia.

And on your way there you see nothing but clouds.
Sometimes a floating island. With nothing on it.
Ascend, ascend, ascend, ascend, diiiiiiiiiiiiiive~ Repeat.
Or press A. But it still takes ages.

It's tedious.

For exploring, a combination between Twilight Princes and Skyward Sword would be nice. With a story like Majora's Mask. Art style Twilight Princes. Battle system + Upgrade System like Skyward Sword.
Amount of Dungeons, like A Link to the Past 8D (11 + some 'semi-dungeons'). Battle difficulty like Skyward Sword.
A companion like Midna or Tatl.

Yeah, that would be an awesome Zelda game in my opinion :x

#3604 05 Apr, 2013 4:35 am

I wanna see the new websssiiitttteeee.
/Sobs

#3605 05 Apr, 2013 6:08 am

hehehe okokok! I'll show it to you! XD

http://hanatan.wix.com/pit0030gameit

here is the sorta almost unfinished website XD

#3606 05 Apr, 2013 7:36 pm

Nice layout, like the Faron theme as well. (=wsmileb

#3607 05 Apr, 2013 10:00 pm

alien colonial marines have been cancelled:

http://playstationgang.com/alien-colonial-marines-for-wii-u-canned-by-sega/ wrote:

“Sega can confirm that the Wii U sku of Aliens: Colonial Marines is no longer in development.”

#3608 06 Apr, 2013 12:07 am

Sarru wrote:

Nice layout, like the Faron theme as well. (=wsmileb

WHY THANKYOU XD

#3609 06 Apr, 2013 6:44 am

Wii U - Wii Street U Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfFO7OxEB10

#3610 06 Apr, 2013 11:52 pm

Sarru wrote:

Those are some things that would definitely help the next Zelda game out.
Especially the "hidden skills" part.
I think that they should go out of their way to put in special items and stuff and an ultimate reward for collecting all of them.
Majora's Mask did that amazingly well.
You didn't HAVE to get all the masks, but they all had unique and challenging sidequests with them as the prize (And they all generally did something cool) and after you collected all of them you get the freaking OP Fierce Diety's mask.

Zelda is in the "adventure" genre after all, make it so adventuring actually has cool rewards.
I always hated sidequests (Especially boring ones) that in the end only gave you heart pieces or rupees.

I loved the heart piece ones because I always wanted more hearts and stuff, but yeah, the rupee ones sucked. Especially in Minish Cap when you fuse kinstones. I went to all the treasure chest with 999 rupees and 999 mysterious shells, and half the time I'd get rupees and shells, putting them to waste.

"I promise I won't be a burden and eat all your chips or anything!."
~Echo; Golden Sun: the Lost Age

#3611 07 Apr, 2013 7:49 am

oh gosh.. that sucks^

#3612 08 Apr, 2013 1:03 am

I loved the kinstone thing.
No, I was addicted to it.
Wanting to fuse every kinstone.

Vaati is a pretty cool villain.
I should draw a fanart of him.

#3613 08 Apr, 2013 1:48 am

I participated in a Zelda thingy where you vote on your least favorite main series Zelda game and they vote off the losers every round. These were the results, and those who are familiar with the fandom (probably all of us here) found it VERY easy to predict (I guessed the two winners from the beginning):
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/528240_304984259633176_296331946_n.png
Round 1:
~Zelda II

Obviously...
However, this was very disappointing to me because I love this game... even more than the original LoZ. But I guess since it's the "different" game in the series, it was booted off first.

I didn't vote in this round because I didn't find it until later, but I would've picked GBA Four Swords

Round 2:
~Four Swords (my least favorite)
~Four Swords Adventures (my second least favorite)
~Spirit Tracks
I wasn't surprised with the four Swords ones.. and good riddance. They weren't great to me. The idea of the Four Sword was great, but the level system (meaning a lack of overword) bombed these games and made the possibility for side quests be 0. I also didn't like the "trade an item for an item" system used in both games. Not to mention the GBA one was terribly short (but then again, it was paired with ALttP remake) and it as only made longer by replaying all the levels and getting different keys.
I was a little surprised Spirit Tracks was booted off this early because I think that it, in every way possible, trumped Phantom Hourglass. but I knew that if Phantom Hourglass went out that round, ST would go next.

I also didn't vote this round because I hadn't found it, but I would've voted for Four Swords again.

Round 3:
~Minish Cap

I was surprised that Hourglass didn't get the boot... but whatever. I liked Minish Cap, but it was nothing super special. I knew it would leave sooner or later, but still. You can't deny the last dungeon (Cursed Hyrule Castle) and Vaati's boss fights were intense.

I voted for Phantom Hourglass

Round 4:
~Phantom Hourglass
~Oracle of Seasons

Finally, Hourglass is gone. To me, it was just a really weak Wind Waker that had less in it and made you revist the same dungeon a bajillion times. linebeck was the only new character I liked, and that was mostly because it "abusing Link" tendency reminded me of the happy Mask Salesman. I was not really surprised that and Oracle game not knocked out as well, and obviously, Ages would leave next round because they're so similar. But I haven't ever played the Oracle games, so I really don't knowhow they rack up with my opinion of the series.

I voted again for Phantom Hourglass in this round. I got my way this time.

Round 5:
~Oracle of Ages
~Link's Awakening

Yup. Just as I had guessed. The other Oracle game and Awakening. I just started playing Awakening yesterday, so I only know a bit of it, but compared to the rest I've at least played (all except the Oracles), this seems like an okay spot for it to leave... but I'm liking the game better than the original Zelda (sadly, nostalgia and the fact that it's the original doesn't work super well with me and the LoZ series).

I did vote for the original Zelda in this round.

Round 6:
~The original LoZ
~Skyward Sword
~Wind Waker

Yeah. I guessed that the original and SS would go, but not Wind Waker yet. Skyward Sword isn't nearly as good as any of the other 3D Zeldas and the original just doesn't quite reach the awesomeness of WW, ALttP, OoT, TP, and MM.

I looked at a lot of the comments and I thought I saw more votes for ALttP that Wind Waker, but I guess that wasn't the case...

I voted for the original this time too.

Round 7:
~A Link to the Past
~Twilight Princess

This was the interesting part (still predictable though). All the games are regarded as many fans' favorites, but the comments I saw easily gave it away. ALttP just got bombed on this one. Just about every comment voted for it, and the other portion went for TP.

Though I was disappointed. ALttP is my favorite Zelda, so I wanted it to get in the top 2, but it couldn't compete with the juggernauts of OoT and MM.

I voted for Twilight Princess. I love the game, but the others are just better

Well... the tops were the N64 games. Just as I had predicted from the beginning, and they haven't come out with the results yet... but they should have (they gave each round 20 minutes, and it's been and hour)...

I voted for OoT, just 'cause. I really can't decide which one I like better.

Well, an hour or so later, they released the results. OoT won with 506 votes and MM got 456... Well, I didn't make a prediction because I thought it would be to close to tell and I don't like to gamble on close matches. This got a little farther than I expected ( thought it was going to be between 10 and 30 votes apart, but it's 50) though, but it was still close.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/181074_305084002956535_1592569082_n.jpg

Last edited by KirbySuperStar (08 Apr, 2013 2:33 am)

#3614 08 Apr, 2013 6:18 am

Wow...of fourse it would be those games. XDDD

But I wasn't exactly interested in OoT though...:L

TWILIGHT PRINCESS ****

btw...I donno why my website won't pop up on search engine but here we go!

I didn't make any changes...but yeah! IT SHOULD BE DONE! The webmaster thingy...you guys can't do much...I donno how to fix it and they won't allow the password for some reason

Last edited by pit0010 (08 Apr, 2013 6:19 am)

#3615 08 Apr, 2013 6:32 am

Well, maybe it can be more of a consulting thing for us super awesome webmasters of justice? =P
Are you not able to have regular accounts at all though? Or are you still working on that?
Also, the "How do you do it" picture on the website, I always answer "Skill and cunning."
It's a saying I picked up from my dad.
-----------------------------------------------------

In regards to the Zelda vote thing.

Although I'm really happy since it is my favorite Zelda game, I'm surprised Majora's Mask came in second.
I never really knew before the internet, but everyone seemed to consider it a "cult" hit.
Meaning it has a very small, but very dedicated fan-base.

OoT was really predictable though.
I was expecting it to either be that, Twilight Princess (Seems to be a really big hit among the newer Zelda fans) or ALttP (Seems to be a really big hit with older Zelda fans).

I'm surprised about Oracle, Ages and Awakening though.
I used to go on Gamefaqs a lot of pretty much everyone has nothing but praise for them.
Personally Awakening is tied for first with Minish Cap for first when it comes to handheld games.
Though that might only be because of nostalgia. lol

#3616 08 Apr, 2013 7:23 am

Sarru wrote:

Well, maybe it can be more of a consulting thing for us super awesome webmasters of justice? =P
Are you not able to have regular accounts at all though? Or are you still working on that?
Also, the "How do you do it" picture on the website, I always answer "Skill and cunning."
It's a saying I picked up from my dad.

'Skill and cunning' ehh? That's not bad as well XDD

I think I can't do it because it's like a basic website thingy...

So yeah...for the live chat I wanted to do...you had to go into ANOTHER website...i was like...=_= no~

Last edited by pit0010 (08 Apr, 2013 7:24 am)

#3617 08 Apr, 2013 7:58 pm

I had a little idea for your site.
How about... walkthroughs?
That's how I end up on a gaming site.
They are copyrighted, so you basically have to write your own.
I usually don't care about copyrighted stuff, but the writers wrote it in their free time and offer it for free. I don't want to disrespect that.

And reviews.
The other reason I am on a gaming site.
A game could look so incredibly interesting.
But it could also be a total waste of money.
It saved me from buying stupid games in a beautiful box-art disguise..

Also in gaming news, combine all kinds of little facts you find on games and write an article about it. Like the creation of donkey kong or super mario. How it started and stuff tongue

I don't mind writing a walkthrough. I'm pretty bored atm T_T
And it could be a good writing exercise.

#3618 08 Apr, 2013 8:08 pm

I'll try to make my own top 3.

Personal Top 3 Zelda Games:

1. Majora's Mask
2. Skyward Sword
3. Ocarina of Time

#3619 08 Apr, 2013 9:41 pm

red*rogue wrote:

I had a little idea for your site.
How about... walkthroughs?
That's how I end up on a gaming site.
They are copyrighted, so you basically have to write your own.
I usually don't care about copyrighted stuff, but the writers wrote it in their free time and offer it for free. I don't want to disrespect that.

And reviews.
The other reason I am on a gaming site.
A game could look so incredibly interesting.
But it could also be a total waste of money.
It saved me from buying stupid games in a beautiful box-art disguise..

Also in gaming news, combine all kinds of little facts you find on games and write an article about it. Like the creation of donkey kong or super mario. How it started and stuff tongue

I don't mind writing a walkthrough. I'm pretty bored atm T_T
And it could be a good writing exercise.

I totally wouldn't mind walkthroughs either. Or at least tips for various parts in a game (like Cave of Ordeals or something)

I wouldn't be that great at reviews, but I guess I could try...

But I could totally do a little trivia page too smile

Last edited by KirbySuperStar (08 Apr, 2013 9:41 pm)

#3620 08 Apr, 2013 10:04 pm

pit0010 wrote:

Wow...of fourse it would be those games. XDDD

But I wasn't exactly interested in OoT though...:L

TWILIGHT PRINCESS ****

btw...I donno why my website won't pop up on search engine but here we go!

I didn't make any changes...but yeah! IT SHOULD BE DONE! The webmaster thingy...you guys can't do much...I donno how to fix it and they won't allow the password for some reason

Greatly placed Faron Woods Theme.

Alsooo, how do I begin to do stuff on this... Like a login or something?? What can we do??

Last edited by KirbySuperStar (08 Apr, 2013 11:31 pm)

Board footer

230 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.