Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 15 Feb, 2011 9:27 pm

Mega Portrait Digital Masterpiece

Okay Guys,

I have a collab idea that could and would be so sweet if it becomes a reality.
The idea being: Any RMD member who is willing to create and SHARE a piece of their imagination with others (10+ Artist) In the method of a COLLABORATION is in (with a few exceptions).
We would create a DRAWING in which the people involve would add their iconic figure (Self portrait, Chibi character,anime/manga, Creature/Animal that releates to themselfs, or an iconic figure you relate to.) and so in the end it would be like "family reunion photograph" but instead it would be called a "RMD Family Drawing".

First off we need commited RMDians who are interesting to post. Then i could get a list going and sent the chi file from that point on to someone.

The fun part being that you dont know who will be in the portrait drawing at the end, being random.
Post opinions, questions, commments, etc or Private Message Me. big_smile
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
*Step ONE:
Set List: RMD Family Draw         Set List 2: RMD Family Draw                    Set List 3: Family Draw
0.Ace63(Background)(X)            0.DionaDavis(Background)(X)               0.*Carissasanford*(Background)(X)
1.Sweetlove15(Goddess) (X)        1.Paladin590(Chibi)(X)                                     1.IamDrRobot(X)
2.Mingu(Cat/Small Butterfly)(X)     2.OLGASA115(Ladywithhorse)(X)                      2.roth(X)
3.Junco(Hot Air Cat)(X)                    3.Lagger(Self Portrait)(X)                                 3.Skatie10(X)
4.NarutoBankai7(Painting Boy)(X)  4.STORMFANCY(Ladywithhorse)(X)                  4.anime_554'S(X)
5.Semyprecious(Blue Bird)(X)           5.Zanjux (Girl on Tree)(X)                             5.vivianton1998(X)
6.Rathian619(Anime Girl)(X)             6.Shelly(Chibi)(X)                                           6.changingfavorite(X)
7.AuroraSkye(Two Cats)(X)              7. Eatybbycks(GirlWithBeenie)(X)                  7.stolensteel(X)
8.Sketcher(Self Chibi)(X)                 8.AngelCake(Girlwithpicnicbasket)(X)            8.4ever_Broken(X)
9.jando106(Turtle and Being)(X)   9.Anniebee(Small round creature)(X)             9 SUJUelf(X)
10. RaquetteBrasil(OC)(X)           10. Santacruiser(Wario)(X)                             10.HeyHeyYoo(X)
11.Beefcake619:(Butterfree)        11.Beefcake619(X)(Butterflys)                        11.furubaluver101'S (X)
Room is FULL(X)big_smile                      Room is FULL(X)big_smile                                          12.minime12(X)
                                                                                                                             13Day_dreamers(X)
                                                                                                                             14.Beefcake619(X)
                                                                                                                              15.sunjeguri_9890(X)
                                                                                                                             Room is FULL(X)big_smile

Person Submitting Finished product is not defined by what number their placed in on the set list. The number your placed in ONLY determines when you will be getting the chi file as well as who will be in the COLLAB with YOU.

Due to limited space: older members get privelages becouse theyve been a RMD member longer and have more experience with the tools.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
*Step TWO: Receiving this message in your comments:  *Your signed up for the ultimate RMD Family Collaboration*  : Means your inserted to the collaboration indefinably.big_smile set list is not 100 percent defined.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><>><><><><><><><><><>
Extra Step: WOW! i never though this would be such a hit, and that so much Artist would want to participate...so i have added a Thirtd set list: UPdate
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
*Step THREE: Regulations and Idea "Comprehensive Manual"
             The question most of you probably have is "What are we exactly doing?" and "What do i draw?"
  So this section is all about explaining the process, in order for it to be a success.

1. Collaborative work between two (or more) artists at an advanced skill level. (Try your best! Defining what you consider to be a essence of yourself)
2. Collaborative work that is Whole, meaning at the end it looks as if it fits as one. (In the drawing merge, interact, create and do something that makes the drawing seem like where together)
3:NO PREVIEWS! that means no previews of the strip that the other person will work from, no previews in scraps no previews in any form other than just want the recipient sees when they open open the email. The general public or RMD community is not allowed to see that strip, until it is completely done and submitted.
4.The order cannot be changed, it is random. Also the idea of this,being that you collaborate with someone you never had thought about before. Mixture of different styles and see what is created!
5. We will abide to the RMD collaboration Rules:  http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … php?id=796
6: A basic definition of what we will do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse (Thanks for the link Junco big_smile)
7. The chi will be send on February 18 to the first person on each set list AND its expected to be completed by the end of February as the goal. From that point on you have: 1 weeks to add your part and send it to the next artist in line. If in the time you did not add or do anything then you may post back to the forum so that we add you on the bucketlist.
8.There will be one Checkpoint in which you resend to me, and NOT the next artist in the set so i can check and visually see what has happened at that point.( After the 5th set artist adds)
9.Post questions or send a private Message big_smile "Get exited your possibly part of something big"
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Step FOUR: The Beggining: BACKGROUND

Ace63 has accepted and gladly proposed to draw the background for set list number 1.big_smile  (Completed)
DionaDavis has accepted and gladly proposed to draw the background for set list number 2.big_smile (Completed)
*Carrisasanford* has accepted and gladly proposed to draw the background for set list number 3 big_smile
Step FIVE: Set Artist 1-5 PORTRAITS

So far so good... The backgrounds are getting completed and its time to move on to the portrait aspect.
                                   Here are some points to keep in mind (Set artist READ this before starting)
1. Try your absolute best and work with quality. (You want to pass on the essence of your skills big_smile)
2. Be aware of the limited space ( Im not Telling you what to draw, but keep in mind another +9 artist will be adding as well)
3. Remember this is a self portrait or self indulgence (meaning draw something that expresses who you are, imagine if someone looked at the drawing for the first time, could they tell what you drew?)
4.Post to this forum or PM me when you have finished your part and ready to pass on the chi..so i can tally and contact the next artist.
5.Send the Chi file only to The NEXT artist on your set list.
6.Remember to open a new layer before even laying a mark on the canvas. (If you mess up easily removable)
7.Dont change/add/remove anything from another persons work. But you may post here or ask the artist if you could modify a portion big_smile
8.Have fun and be Creative. This draw will be EPIC for years to come.
9.I really only wish to submit the first collab done, but if you feel you should submit it instead than message me.
Check list Updates: (X) near the name of the artist means that they are finished and passed it on to the next artist (:
also Please dont get mad/frusterated at me...i AM trying to make this work and manage this collab.
Set One must be finished before Set three will start. So theres a wait period. (Becouse it would be too much to manage at one time, if you feel like not waiting you can ask an artist on rmd to do a collab with you on the meanwhile? )
(-) means that if theirs enough room left you will get it next to add...if not then youll just add on the next set.big_smile
!!Completion News!!
Wow, am i amazed how fast artist are getting this collab accomplished? Yes! Thanks for taking such an interest and making this a number one priority becouse of this i feel that i might be producing a few more collabs of this style...so that maybe in the future there will portraits of all the RMD artist! big_smile
Sneek Peek: This collab is going to amaze you! From what i have seen so far is nothing less that AMAZING!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Step SIX: Set Artist 6-10 PORTRAITS

Wow in a matter of Three days; set one has made it half way! Simply and utterly amazing. So now we are officially in the midpoint. The drawing looks epic and now is the time to see if a few more artist can add or if its full....Answer is YES there is still room!
All artist Go back and Read step FIVE before starting the collab big_smile

The two sets looks so different from each other: One is more playful the other more realistic.
<><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Since... Set ONE is so ahead of the game, I have decided to show them a sneek preview of the background on Set TWO:
       http://i51.tinypic.com/ak96dh.jpg  : Amazingly drawn and colored by DionaDavis big_smile (This is a photograph so of course the Real Chi version differs)

http://i53.tinypic.com/2rpfpg9.jpg  : Amazingly crafted by Ace63 big_smile( Photograph so of course not as picture perfect)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mi470n.jpg : Amazingly done by Carissasanford big_smile(Photograph has a change to the picture)

Set list 3 has officially opened up!! So yep, were doing a third RMD family draw. (Hopefully the last one for at least a month because its a huge undertaking and extremely time consuming to keep everything/everyone in check). Put feel free to start your own if you feel ready to do so big_smile i encourage it!
So get ready to add your "essence to the drawing guys"
SET ONE IS COMPLETED!
SET TWO IS COMPLETED!
SET THREE IS HALF WAY DONE!
<<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>>
Let me just say THANK YOU! For the artist in Set One for doing such an amazing job...this collaboration in my opinion is simply and utterly new as well as just a rush for all involve. Hopefully you participated with artist you haven't worked with before and found is pleasing to do big_smile This officially took 2 weeks for completion big_smile

But anyhow with no delay: THIS IS SET ONES COMPLETED RateMyDrawings FAMILY PORTRAIT!!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Let me just say THANK YOU! For the artist in Set Two for doing such an amazing job...this collaboration in my opinion is simply and utterly new as well as just a rush for all involve. Hopefully you participated with artist you haven't worked with before and found is pleasing to do big_smile This officially took 4 weeks for completion big_smile sorry for the delay and i know all of your are anxious to see the result big_smile

But anyhow with a few delay marks : THIS IS SET TWOS COMPLETED RateMyDrawings FAMILY PORTRAIT!! (Release Date Today at Midnight)big_smile

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Let me just say THANK YOU! For the artist in Set Three for doing such an amazing job...this collaboration in my opinion is simply and utterly new as well as just a rush for all involve. Hopefully you participated with artist you haven't worked with before and found is pleasing to do big_smile This officially took 8 weeks for completion big_smile sorry for the delay and i know all of your are anxious to see the result big_smile

Last edited by beefcake619 (16 May, 2011 4:12 pm)

#2 15 Feb, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Mega Portrait Digital Masterpiece

Ooh, I like that. :3

cool

#3 15 Feb, 2011 9:57 pm

Who's gonna get it on his/her homepage?

/sweats

#4 15 Feb, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm in.

eatbbycks wrote:

Who's gonna get it on his/her homepage?

The last person to receive and complete the collaboration, I suppose.

#5 15 Feb, 2011 10:05 pm

I waaaaant! 8D

w̧̺͓ͣ̾̌̏h̡̬̹͎̞͙̤̦͑̈̚a̞̠̖͙͚͚̪̤̐̾̕t̢͚̎ͮ͜ ̸̼͎̪͉ͨ̂͘h̴̢͓̪͔̟̏͞ͅa̡͙̞͊ͭͣ͌ͩ̒ͩ́̚͘v̢̼̹͉̤͔̠͖̲ͭ̑̒͐̅̏e̷̻ͤ̊ͨ̆̋̔ ͇̼̳̰̟̫̹̋̇͝y̛͈̜̻͍̲̳̲̰̰ͭ͋̏̈́ͩ̇̑ͮo̭͙̜̾ͫ̃̿ͧͥ͝ͅu̵̲̱̣̖ͯͧ͂ͤ̔ͯͬͬ ̵̙ͫ̀͢d̟͚͔̠̜̘̮̽̎͛͑ͨo̺̱̪̝̱͓͍ͫ͗́̓̓́͠n̺͙̜ͨ̏ͫͨͪ̀̓͛e̛͈̥̠͉̯͔̾͋ͧ̆ͭ̌ͩ͟

#6 15 Feb, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm in. xD what up with the sets tho? is it like 2 different drawings.. ;w;

#7 15 Feb, 2011 10:53 pm

Zanjux gets it last? I thought it would go in order of people who signed up?

#8 15 Feb, 2011 11:00 pm

NarutoBankai7 wrote:

I'm in. xD what up with the sets tho? is it like 2 different drawings.. ;w;

Correct. Two diffrent drawings will be created and finished. ( Reason becouse more RMDians can join in smile ) Set list determines When you will receive the chi file ( whos before and after you)

#9 15 Feb, 2011 11:01 pm

HELL YEAH RMD FAMILY!

SIGN ME IN

dafuq

#10 15 Feb, 2011 11:15 pm

DUDE this sounds awesome IM in!!!!!!!! big_smile

#11 15 Feb, 2011 11:17 pm

OOOOHH this sounds cool JOINING! Hah me and Jillybean did something like this in DC once big_smile

I need an airbag, 다가오는 거대한 슬픔에 부딪히기 전에~

#12 15 Feb, 2011 11:21 pm

This is an awesome idea and it sounds really fun

#13 16 Feb, 2011 12:05 am

Sounds like fun --- I am still not quite sure what we are drawing --- some sort of representation of ourselves or ....? But, yeah, I'd love to join. :-)

#14 16 Feb, 2011 12:11 am

http://www.scenicreflections.com/files/Freaky_Smile_Wallpaper_zuosy.jpg >big_smile cool idea i wanna join XD

#15 16 Feb, 2011 12:20 am

Yup, I'm in if there's room for me.  Great idea.  big_smile

I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!

#16 16 Feb, 2011 1:01 am

I like the idea. I want to join! big_smile

Sonic is my favorite character now. smile

#17 16 Feb, 2011 2:01 am

Okay.

Ne wish for death,ne fear his might.

#18 16 Feb, 2011 2:03 am

I think beefcakes should have in on there profile concidering it was his idea all along.

#19 16 Feb, 2011 2:16 am

I want to join!XD This sounds like fun^^

(`v)
.`..
..) .)
(.(. (.`☆ L i f e s_A_S t o r y

#20 16 Feb, 2011 2:37 am

Don't know if you got my message, but I'll join  big_smile

Board footer

174 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.