Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 12 Mar, 2011 10:44 pm

Report BUGS/ISSUES with CanvasDraw (beta version 1.0)

How to report bugs/issues:

Simply copy the text below and fill it in with your issues...
------------------------------------
Feature:
Issue:
Browser and operating system:
------------------------------------

Instructions:
Feature: Say which feature it is about E.g. "pen tool", "layers", "Eraser", etc.
Issue: If it's a problem or issue say what happened, what you expected to happen, and if possible how to repeat the issue. If it is something complicated, please explain the exact steps so we can reproduce the issue.
Browser: Which browser you were using (E.g. Firefox 3.6) and what operating system (E.g. WIndows 7)

Provide a link to screenshots if that makes it easier to describe the bug
Also: if you are having performance issues with a feature, please tell us how much RAM your computer has, and the processor type. Windows Vista/Win7 users go to Start > Computer > System Properties to find this information

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#2 15 Mar, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Report BUGS/ISSUES with CanvasDraw (beta version 1.0)

hmmmmm... All I get is "error on this page" ):

Glynn90****

" I Think therefore I Am"     I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!

#3 15 Mar, 2011 12:40 pm

I have "Google  Chrome" fully installed. At the top of the page it gives the choice of  Full Screen.& Normal ? screen.. I cannot get either. I have had access I presume for weeks now to this & always get the same message ??!!!,;(

Glynn90****

" I Think therefore I Am"     I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!

#4 15 Mar, 2011 2:12 pm

Not really a bug, but..

I think with all the brushes, it is important that the artist is allowed to adjust the flow consistency.
So when you go to make a stroke, you don't leave a trail of dots. Then again, for some brushes it is intended to work that way.

So every brush should have the flow consistency adjust bar. That's what I think.

Also, I was quite excited to see the new improvements to the app', but unfortunately, it lags too much to make any good line art.

I use Firefox 3.6, and Windows 7 with 300 GB of installed RAM. 260 of it is unused.
My processor is a Pentium(R) Dual-core CPU.

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#5 15 Mar, 2011 2:17 pm

Feature:grass /lashes
Issue: if you use the brush size smaller then 16 it looks goofy spotty
Browser and operating :I am using fox fire with windows vista

Bee happy Bee thankful

#6 15 Mar, 2011 2:18 pm

PS i love the smudge brush instead of the blur or is it still a blur just a different ability anyway it works better then ever...yeahhhh

Last edited by Anniebee (15 Mar, 2011 2:19 pm)

Bee happy Bee thankful

#7 15 Mar, 2011 4:06 pm

It says...error on page...nothing opens...

...A life without dreams....is not worth living...!!!..

....DrAw RmD, lIvE rMd, LoVe RmD...smile

#8 15 Mar, 2011 5:06 pm

VirusX wrote:

Also, I was quite excited to see the new improvements to the app', but unfortunately, it lags too much to make any good line art.

I use Firefox 3.6, and Windows 7 with 300 GB of installed RAM. 260 of it is unused.

If you have chrome installed I would be curious if you feel it performs well on the same computer in that browser. If so then the upcoming Firefox 4 will perform similarly.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#9 15 Mar, 2011 6:52 pm

mick wrote:

VirusX wrote:

If you have chrome installed I would be curious if you feel it performs well on the same computer in that browser. If so then the upcoming Firefox 4 will perform similarly.

It performs without any lag in Chrome.

But I do not like Chrome, and I would only use it to draw in CD. I do not like Firefox 4.0 either, because they are just copying Chrome. Also because every time you make a new tab in Firefox 4.0, it makes a new window.

How come it lags in Firefox 3.6 but not Chrome?

EDIT: I dunno where to post it, but CD could also use a smooth stroke tool as seen in Chibipaint. The stroke sensitivity is so great, that unless you draw really fast strokes, they get all messy and scribbly looking. Which is of course no good.

Last edited by VirusX (15 Mar, 2011 6:56 pm)

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#10 15 Mar, 2011 7:16 pm

Firefox 4, Later versions of Chrome and IE9 all take advantage of new technologies that perform much faster. These newer browsers have been designed with HTML5 in mind - so I highly recommended upgrading to Firefox 4  when it is officially released if you prefer Firefox. I am sure the current beta of FF4 has some glitches that will be fixed once it is officially released.

#11 15 Mar, 2011 8:45 pm

Feature: pen tool, fill tool , I didnt try with others
Issue: when I start drawing with a tool, whatever was on the canvas disappear then reappears, it's not a big problem, but it gets annoying after a while D:
Browser and operating system: Firefox 3.6

Meat ~ I'm ForgottenArtist big_smile

#12 15 Mar, 2011 8:48 pm

Memories wrote:

Issue: when I start drawing with a tool, whatever was on the canvas disappear then reappears

Does this happen for you all the time or only with alpha-lock turned on? It is a known issue that this happens with alpha-lock turned on, but in general that is the only time it should happen.

#13 15 Mar, 2011 8:50 pm

Yes, it only does that with alpha lock on (just noticed it)

#14 16 Mar, 2011 12:12 am

Oh now I've got another issue big_smile.....

Feature: smudge tool
Issue: When I try to use it, it only makes a hole (like if it was erased) in my already colored part and I cant draw on that layer after that, and then after a while everything that was on that layer disappear..
Browser and operating system: Firefox 4

Last edited by Memories (16 Mar, 2011 12:14 am)

#15 16 Mar, 2011 4:41 pm

okay tried it out seems to lag some when you use the different brush. Also to me the lower you go on things the harder it is to see unlike java and the regular flash. Meaning Alpha at 4 and width on one you can barely see the line no matter what color hope that makes any sense.

Also on the air brush, brushes it seems to act like the line tool for some odd reason.

“Are you sure..That we are awake? It seems to me..That yet we sleep, we dream”
― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

#16 16 Mar, 2011 11:56 pm

Feature: Opacity for most brushes when using pressure sensitivity
Issue: http://i54.tinypic.com/14ju83m.jpg http://i51.tinypic.com/21d4kdz.jpg When I start to draw a line, the opacity is 100%, not transparent like it should be when using the pressure sensitivity. this happened with most of the brushes when I tried drawing.
Browser and operating system: firefox 3.6. , Windows xp

w̧̺͓ͣ̾̌̏h̡̬̹͎̞͙̤̦͑̈̚a̞̠̖͙͚͚̪̤̐̾̕t̢͚̎ͮ͜ ̸̼͎̪͉ͨ̂͘h̴̢͓̪͔̟̏͞ͅa̡͙̞͊ͭͣ͌ͩ̒ͩ́̚͘v̢̼̹͉̤͔̠͖̲ͭ̑̒͐̅̏e̷̻ͤ̊ͨ̆̋̔ ͇̼̳̰̟̫̹̋̇͝y̛͈̜̻͍̲̳̲̰̰ͭ͋̏̈́ͩ̇̑ͮo̭͙̜̾ͫ̃̿ͧͥ͝ͅu̵̲̱̣̖ͯͧ͂ͤ̔ͯͬͬ ̵̙ͫ̀͢d̟͚͔̠̜̘̮̽̎͛͑ͨo̺̱̪̝̱͓͍ͫ͗́̓̓́͠n̺͙̜ͨ̏ͫͨͪ̀̓͛e̛͈̥̠͉̯͔̾͋ͧ̆ͭ̌ͩ͟

#17 17 Mar, 2011 12:35 pm

Issue:Layer content clear.
Browser and operating system:Firefox 4.0 win7

I had 6 layers and while drawing, i moved the canvas with drag and move tool, after that layer 6 content cleared, i kept pressing visibility eye on that layer many times , also undoing..but nothing happened, which made me sick cuz most of my work was on that layer....I had a previous saved version of that drawing and when i compared sizes i found it decreased, which means layer 6 was really cleared sad

Cheee~eeZe

#18 17 Mar, 2011 5:53 pm

paladin590 wrote:

Issue:Layer content clear.
Browser and operating system:Firefox 4.0 win7

I had 6 layers and while drawing, i moved the canvas with drag and move tool, after that layer 6 content cleared, i kept pressing visibility eye on that layer many times , also undoing..but nothing happened, which made me sick cuz most of my work was on that layer....I had a previous saved version of that drawing and when i compared sizes i found it decreased, which means layer 6 was really cleared sad

Ok same problem happened again,just by keeping canvas tool open for more than 2 hours makes one of the layers clears...

Cheee~eeZe

#19 18 Mar, 2011 9:32 pm

LOVE the improvements in Canvas draw.
Had some trouble today though...

Feature;  Airbrush
Issue: It acted like the tool below it making little dots instead of smooth airbrush line.

(Had to start draw over in java for time being)

Jesus is the answer no matter what the question.

#20 18 Mar, 2011 9:37 pm

Forgot to include:

Browser: Firefox (3.6?)

Jesus is the answer no matter what the question.

Board footer

108 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.