Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#61 15 Apr, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: Report BUGS/ISSUES with CanvasDraw (beta version 1.0)

Feature: Canvas Draw access
Issue: can't get in with IE9  at all, still. (I can with firefox 4 though)
Browser and operating system: IE9

Still want to test the Canvas Draw in IE9, but only get a blank grey screen (no canvas and no tools)

Jesus is the answer no matter what the question.

#62 16 Apr, 2011 6:37 pm

I saved a drawing, but when I try to load it, it comes up like a blanc paper!! neutralsad

Last edited by tetta_my_number1 (17 Apr, 2011 8:17 am)

#63 18 Apr, 2011 6:40 am

Feature: undo
Issue: everytime i undo something, whatever I have drawn on the canvas has gone blurry or pixelly and weird and it ruins the drawing
Browser and operating system: Chrome (i think the newest version? in beta) and windows XP home edition.

"The trick is: don't lose sleep over it, kid."
- Lauren Child.

I like stars and big cities.

#64 18 Apr, 2011 8:34 am

well I made my attempt to download everything I needed and nothing happened. I have the screen for the new draw, but... its blank. what good is that???

#65 18 Apr, 2011 8:48 pm

Alright, I've encountered a few problems.

(Chrome, XP)

1. The blend tool is awful.
       Yeah, it's... Not good. When you get to the edge of the drawing, it pulls grey in from the outside, which is a huge problem, and the tool in general just doesn't seem to work right. You can't pull the colors from and to where you want them, like in the java tool, which actually mimics actual paint smudging. It just seems to smudge all of the adjacent colors arbitrarily. The java tool handles smudging much better, and I know you were trying to make something different, but in this case, mimicking java might be a better idea.

2. The paintbrush tool makes things darker.
       The regular paintbrush tool seems to skew the colors. I know grass is supposed to do this, but even for the regular brushes, like the blurred one, and the other stroke tools, put down darker colors than they're supposed to. Like if I pick out a dark greenish color, what the brush puts down is almost black. This is really, REALLY irritating, and it really needs to be fixed.

This is all I've found so far. I'll report if I find more.

Last edited by JellySnail (23 Apr, 2011 5:49 pm)

If you shoot for the moon and miss, you don't land amongst the stars. You waste hundreds of billions of taxpayers' dollars and freeze to death.

#66 20 Apr, 2011 2:55 am

JUR wrote:

shadowdenigma wrote:

Feature: Undo Button

Issue: When I click undo, it makes the drawing really blurry.  I start drawing again and the lines are clear until I hit the undo button again then everything goes back to blurry.

Browser and operating system: Firefox 4, Windows XP

I have the same issue sad

Also would be nice if canvas could be zoomed out and in with middle mouse button scrolling and to move canvas with clicking middle mouse like its on Java tool.

Agree with you both. The undo thing is really annoying, and ya I miss the scrolling for zooming and the clicking for moving. There's also one comment I saw too:

"Feature:  Blend/Smudge/Blur
Issue:  This has been the biggest problem tool for me.  If you work anywhere near the edges of the canvas with it, it'll pull the color away from the edges, leaving a different color or just white.  I've had to use the airbrush or pen tools to cover these areas, which doesn't always look very good."

The smudge is terrible for me. Even when it's not at the edges, often it brings in white spots. love canvas draw, but I can't blend! I NEED blending! Anyways, I'm a firefox user. big_smile

Say no to drugs, say yes to tacos... randomness makes you strong.
  ( ) ( )
  (>'-'<)   <------ Bunny
0(")-(")

#67 20 Apr, 2011 5:09 am

It's pretty hard to enter a canvas competition when the darn thing won't work for you.hmm

#68 20 Apr, 2011 9:23 pm

Another thing that I found on the canvas draw....When you are using the air brush at a low alpha, it turns a different color when you trying to blend something or do shading.  I tried to use a darker green on a lighter green and it turned a blue color. 
Windows xp and firefox 4. 
The blend tool already has the error coming up so I know about the little circles that show up instead of the blending lol.

(\__/)
(>*.*<)
c(()_()
~♥~Everyone is mysterious in their own way~♥~

#69 23 Apr, 2011 3:35 am

erm not a bug but its an issue to me! i cant send rmdc files in personal messages, and I want to do canvas draw colab (is this because of the competition?)

Last edited by percy jackson (25 Apr, 2011 5:51 am)

#70 24 Apr, 2011 2:23 am

operating system windows 7, using latest chrome browser
Problem: Smudge tool,
After reading your sticky's and still not finding a solution thought id just add im also having issues with the smudge tool.
Again with the edges pulling white from the corners, but also, if you try to blend dark colours, its like you're using a spray tool in black. The middle smudge tool creates white lines when smudging, like its actually scagged the "paper".

Really like the tools otherwise, and am hoping we get a light/dark tool to use, as I love playing with those.

For everyone else:-
My bamboo tablet already did the sensitivity thing, I just went into the settings of the pen driver itself to make sure it would, if you play around with those settings, you can get things to work the way you want them to, also make sure you've downloaded the latest pen driver settings from the wacom website, especially if you have windows 7. Also, it chooses the colour I point to on the paper if i click and hold instead of using the ink dropper.

#71 24 Apr, 2011 3:25 am

I've just given up on RMD for now. I can't get the java thing. My head just won't wrap around it and I can't work it well enough to use it. I don't feel that the flash lets me fully express myself and the canvas is inaccessible to me completely. It has been many weeks since I have done a drawing. I was hoping to be encouraged by the site but have felt the opposite. I have definitely had the urge to draw but I'll go the RMD and look around and just leave. Kind of makes me sad. I'm still disappointed in the under rated drawings and those that get so little attention. Also very disappointed that popularity contests exist in this type of venue. I admire the artist that refuses to work the system to get ratings.

#72 24 Apr, 2011 3:53 am

Operating System: Windows Vista Google Chrome (latest version)

Problem: Undo (crtl+z and undo button)
Smudge Tool

Every time i hit undo, the color goes darker and duller, and the lines blur up. they [the lines] dont stay as smooth after i hit undo as when i first drew them.
I am also having problems with the smudge tool. It seems to bring in white edges on the edge of the drawing.
Every now and then when i use the blend tool, it makes circles instead of blending.

Other than that, this tool is great!!

Thanks!!

(As well as jellysnail, it seems the paintbrushes always want to put down a darker color than i choose)

Last edited by ibbie2010 (01 May, 2011 4:59 pm)

#73 28 Apr, 2011 6:47 pm

Feature: Access to Canvas Draw
Issue:  Can not get in using IE9 (not at all...just blank grey screen - no tools)
Browser and operating system: IE9 and Windows/Vista

Thought I'd try once again to enter into Canvas Draw using IE9 (because smudge tool is supposed to work in IE9). However, I can still only use the Firefox 4 to access Canvas Draw.

Jesus is the answer no matter what the question.

#74 28 Apr, 2011 7:47 pm

I am still getting the grey screen when trying to use the canvas tool. Very discouraging.roll

#75 01 May, 2011 3:41 am

I had saved my drawing using the canvas draw and when I tried to load it it was a blank sheet, nothing had saved.  I had worked over an hour to add more to a drawing that i had .  I am using Vista and Firefox 3.6 since my IE9 won't work with it.  My firefox won't let me see the drawings on the site except in thumbnail.  My IE 9 won't let me do the canvas draw and it used to let me do the Canvasdraw.  I would like to enter a drawing but I have lost it all except the very start of it, is there anything I can do to get it back??
Herding Gal.

#76 01 May, 2011 4:59 pm

Feature: Saving/Layers
Problem: When i drew my picture, i didnt have the layers all in order ex: 2, 3, 4, 7, 6. When i saved my drawing it reordered all my layers 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. This really frustrated me because i spent time and effort on this drawing. I did save it to my computer before I saved it to the website though.
Browser: Recent Version of Chrome
O.S: Windows Vista (Home Premium)

(Also it would be quite nice for a dodge/burn tools, as well as a more airbrush-y eraser)

(Edit: I figured out a way around this: When this happens, just merge all layers DOWN, it worked for me)

Last edited by ibbie2010 (01 May, 2011 5:20 pm)

#77 02 May, 2011 7:53 am

------------------------------------
Feature: Uploading/Loading
Issue: Picture would not upload to site when finished (would endlessly sit there doing nothing. I was able to save the file before I tried again, and the next time I tried the window stopped working. Today I tried loading back in my picture and it would not load, but started doing the same sort of thing (the loading screen endlessly showed 'loading' without making progress) - with one exception. After a few moments a screen would appear asking me whether I wanted to 'stay' or 'leave' the page though I had not pressed anything. LEaving would exit, staying would go back to endlessly loading (with never actually loading..) I tried this several times and the leave/stay dialogue appeared every time.

http://i52.tinypic.com/98uezb.jpg

Browser and operating system: Internet Explorer (recently updated), Windows 7 32 bit, IntelCore2 Quad CPU Q700, 2.67 GHz, 6 GB Ram, Pen Tablet Cintiq 21UX

#78 05 May, 2011 8:28 am

Question is there suppose to be like a black circle around the tool when i draw?
When using the basic brush, because when ever i try draw it gets annoying by stroking a line and it leaves something like a big tube if this is a problem to google chrome please do fix it. smile

Another thing there wont be any burn tool or anything like that?
if so i understand smile

Thank for reading my report or some what report...

Note: this only happens to the colours....

Last edited by iibacon-kun (05 May, 2011 8:30 am)

#79 05 May, 2011 8:48 am

Amonite wrote:

After a few moments a screen would appear asking me whether I wanted to 'stay' or 'leave' the page though I had not pressed anything. LEaving would exit, staying would go back to endlessly loading (with never actually loading..) I tried this several times and the leave/stay dialogue appeared every time.

Click OK to leave the page and it should load your drawing for you.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#80 10 May, 2011 9:07 pm

Feature:Layers
Issue: I try to rename layers but cant I  click and it doesnt do anything
Browser and operating system:Internet explorer 10

If this war is never ending, I'll take this love down with me. -Lights <3

Board footer

219 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.