Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 05 Apr, 2011 10:13 am

Mick's Drawing Day book project is asking you for help - big time

As many of you know, I devote a lot of time to Drawing Day each year. It is an event I truly believe in and one day hope that it is a huge world-wide event that generates millions of drawings.

However, we have a long way to go to make this dream happen. This year I have put a lot of effort into starting a new project that will hopefully really help Drawing Day. This project is raising money to create an official Drawing Day book filled with drawings from Drawing Day weekend. This means drawings not just from RateMyDrawings, but drawings from all over the world.

This has the potential to give Drawing Day a lot of exposure. However, it needs your help. I know that asking people to donate money is a huge ask, but in this case it is needed to help Drawing Day reach its potential. The good news is that money you donate gives you something back.

Depending on your donation you can get:
- A drawing of yours in the official book
- Drawing Day T-shirts
- A copy of the actual book
and some other interesting options such as getting an artist profile in the book (if you're really devoted).

All the details about this project are available here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mix … gs-in-1-da

It is very common for people love an idea like this and assume that "other people will donate, it will be fine", but this does really require as many people as possible to follow-through and really devote to making a pledge. I'm so excited at the potential this has for Drawing Day if we raise all our funds.

If we don't reach out funds goal - we don't get ANY of the money and all people who donated get their money back. That's how this funding project works. It guarantees that if you spend your money, you are guaranteed to get the pledge awards you requested!

I can only kindly ask that you dig deep and donate if you also believe deeply in the concept of Drawing Day. I know many of you do not have creditcards or are not old enough to spend money and your parents will likely not believe as much as you do in this event, so use the awards you receive to convince them smile You are buying something (a book or a shirt, etc.), not just donating.

Or, if you don't really care about all of this - perhaps you can just feel good about helping me become famous for creating this event -- haha just kidding smile

Thank you everyone. I HEART RMD,
- Mick

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

Board footer

142 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.