Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#81 21 Aug, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Homestuck

vive-de-manga wrote:

Angelstar123 wrote:

vive-de-manga wrote:

Oh gosh i know how you feel!!!
On sunday of Otakon, I didn't have a cosplay planned, and it felt so weird ;-; LUCKILY. I was with a friend who wasn't wearing her Nepeta cosplay, so she let me wear it lol
The thing is... She didn't have the blue hat... I looked like troll john minus the glasses XD

;A; I have no friends to go with with ><; none of them know homestuck, or are into cosplay D8
Im very persistent so my dad MIGHT bye me terezis shirt,and glasses. I just need to get paint and clay to make the horns >>; no ben nye for me though D8 I have no red shoes either T^T

Here's what i did for my Vriska:
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ … 42b8il.jpg
I used a special kind of transfer sheet that i printed out the scorpio symbol on for the computer. It barely showed up at all on the shirt, so we went out and bought blue acrylic paint for it, so we painted over the transfer instead of directly onto the shirt.
I want to point out that we got the shirt for like $5 at GAP

I used kryolan gray body paint (aquacolor 89 i think)
It was fairly cheap and it got here pretty fast
It stays on for the most part, but comes off with water preeetty easily, unfortunately :I

I just bought the red converse and already had the jeans lol

FOR THE HORNS... I used Crayola Model Magic and acrylic paints lol
To secure them to the headband though... my dad drilled one hole on either side and put a wood screw through it. He then screwed the horns to the screws after coating the screw and base of it in gorilla glue. That made them stay in place lol.

Nice cosplay! yikes

All of today's songs are about doing it. All The Beatles wanted to do was to hold your hand......

#82 21 Aug, 2011 4:42 pm

Auurggh DX the troll shirts on on sale but terezis is sold out ;A; why Hussie why??!

#83 21 Aug, 2011 10:01 pm

LOL the transfer was something we bought from an art store or something XD You put it into the printer and print an image out on it, and then iron it to the shirt XDD

#84 22 Aug, 2011 12:06 am

I has no printer ;A; duurr it ran out of ink 4 years ago my dads to lazy to buy some

#85 22 Aug, 2011 2:48 am

#86 22 Aug, 2011 5:57 am

Hey guys, you see the update?
What the heck is KK doing?
(Channeling his ancestor?)
Shooooooooooosh

#87 22 Aug, 2011 6:07 am

OH DEAR GOD THE UPDATE.
Im sitting here with mangafreak45 dieing.

#88 22 Aug, 2011 7:02 am

IT KEEPS HAPPENING.

Last edited by Kae-chan (22 Aug, 2011 8:11 am)

#89 22 Aug, 2011 9:38 am

That ended adorably.
Apparently Karkat<>Gamzee is a thing?
But I thought that Kanaya<>Karkat? Do:

Not nearly as surprising as the Gamzee<3Tavros though

Last edited by Kae-chan (22 Aug, 2011 9:41 am)

#90 22 Aug, 2011 1:17 pm

Why isn't anybody oooooooon?

#91 22 Aug, 2011 1:52 pm

kittycat1 wrote:

Woa)( I don't know w)(ere all the )(omestuck fans are! )(ow awful 38(. GLUB.

sorry I had to do that. I am a pisces thus I feel the need to type like good ol' fef.

I haven't read that much but i'm past hivebent to give you an idea.

ILOVEHOMESTUCKSOHARDOMG

Secret language,

Only the fortunate people know how to make them.

Jump on the skateboard, Yatagarasu~

#92 22 Aug, 2011 4:04 pm

Very secret o u o hurp derp

#93 22 Aug, 2011 6:24 pm

Hey, um... Homestuck fans. I don't know what you call yourselves... Homestuckers? Homestuckies? idk idgaf, anyhoo

I've been trying to into Homesuck for awhile now. I've tried about 5 times now. I even got to the part where the kids and trolls start to really interact and stuff.

But I can't into Homosuck! I just can't! I kinda sorta want to so I can giggle at tumblr inside jokes and stuff, but I can't!

Is there something wrong with me? Am I just uncultured? What am I missing? What am I missing out on? So many questions!

I tried to blame it on a short attention span, but then I turned around and read a 400-page fanfiction like nothing. Literally. Have you seen how long some fanfics are? They can get crazy novel sized.

So tell me, Homeostuckians, why can't I into your silly little webcomic that (according to my compadres) is full of amazing and win and tumblr gold? I've liked what I've read so far, but I can't process how someone could read the whole damn thing and UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON.

totally not trolling, I'm legitly serious here.

How do you stay into this thing, and what are the perks of the fandom and idk, what's so brilliant about this comic?

I am an artist, please God forgive me, I am an artist, please don't revere me,
I am an artist, please don't respect me, I am an artist, feel free to correct me,
~ "Art is Dead" Bo Burnham

#94 22 Aug, 2011 7:58 pm

SpyderGurl wrote:

Hey, um... Homestuck fans. I don't know what you call yourselves... Homestuckers? Homestuckies? idk idgaf, anyhoo

I've been trying to into Homesuck for awhile now. I've tried about 5 times now. I even got to the part where the kids and trolls start to really interact and stuff.

But I can't into Homosuck! I just can't! I kinda sorta want to so I can giggle at tumblr inside jokes and stuff, but I can't!

Is there something wrong with me? Am I just uncultured? What am I missing? What am I missing out on? So many questions!

I tried to blame it on a short attention span, but then I turned around and read a 400-page fanfiction like nothing. Literally. Have you seen how long some fanfics are? They can get crazy novel sized.

So tell me, Homeostuckians, why can't I into your silly little webcomic that (according to my compadres) is full of amazing and win and tumblr gold? I've liked what I've read so far, but I can't process how someone could read the whole damn thing and UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON.

How do you stay into this thing, and what are the perks of the fandom and idk, what's so brilliant about this comic?

lmfao its homestickers i think

and oh god trust me, i know.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you lol
I view homestuck kind of like mayonnaise. People either love or hate mayonnaise, you can't really be okay with it. Same with homestuck, you either love it or not like it all that much lol (then again that might just be me)

It is definitely a big change in my internet experience, and the whole homestuck fandom is kind of a big secret club lol I suggest not going onto tumblr until you catch up to the updates xD

I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING THAT'S HAPPENED. but i get the characters and the basic background and storyline.... Just its confusing lol i dont get anything about ectobiology or the meteor or green sun and stuff...

Im really not sure how we stay into it, but the perks are a REALLY friendly fandom and awesome art ideas and experiences, and  it's just an enjoyable and gripping comic XD

#95 22 Aug, 2011 8:14 pm

SpyderGurl wrote:

I've been trying to into Homestuck for awhile now. I've tried about 5 times now. I even got to the part where the kids and trolls start to really interact and stuff.

But I can't into Homestuck! I just can't! I kinda sorta want to so I can giggle at tumblr inside jokes and stuff, but I can't!

So tell me, Homestuckians, why can't I into your silly little webcomic that (according to my compadres) is full of amazing and win and tumblr gold? I've liked what I've read so far, but I can't process how someone could read the whole damn thing and UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON.

While I am admittedly suspicious of you 'not trolling', I think I will entertain you anyway. I am not going to type out my own personal experiences with mspaintadventures or Homestuck, but rather just show you a post of a person who read the comic, liked it, then found that its length was also its greatest weakness:
      "I love Homestuck. I started Andrew Hussie's work with the stellar Problem Sleuth, and I knew his next comic would be great. Homestuck is great. The panels get more and more complex, culminating in gorgeous videos with sound. The characters are all quirky, and most have very recognizable voices. The comic is mostly humorous, but as time has gone on it's also become quite a bit more dramatic.
Unfortunately, Homestuck's length is also its greatest weakness.
      The problem with Homestuck for me is that when the cast expanded at the beginning of Act 5, the story lost momentum. While it regained that momentum in some places (Especially the beginning of Act 5, Part 2), we're still spending massive amounts of time on an asteroid watching a bunch of quirky troll characters dicking around and occasionally killing each other. Unfortunately, my only desire is that they kill each other faster, because there lies the crucial problem: If you don't like the trolls, you won't like Homestuck as it is now. And if you are just trying to wait it out, well, tough titty, the trolls are here to stay for another God-knows-how-many thousand chapters. At the same time, we get mountains of injokes and references, at which point I've just become rather jaded.
      I love Homestuck, but I don't like Homstuck right now, and every time I try to take a break, when I come back, I'll either be completely enamored with the comic or just bored by it. It's weird, because there's plenty of things to like; the plot is advancing at a lightning pace whenever we focus on the kids and Exiles, the dialogue is funnier than ever, the drawing is better, and Hussie is adding more and more interesting tidbits that will definitely be brought up again in the future. I just think it's gotten too big, especially when Hussie brings in troll ancestor characters who begin having their own stories too.
I don't expect the comic to bend over; Hussie will never relent his creativity to audience reactions, and I love that. However, be warned about two things before trying Homestuck: It is long, and it will change. The characters you like might die; the ones you don't might continue to annoy you until the comic ends. It's all part of Homestuck's charm and malice." - Scardoll

I read Problem Sleuth, but it took me probably five or six 'check-backs' before I started to read Homestuck and enjoy it. (Though that was when '[s] ACT 4 ==>' was  brand new).
So, if you so wish, try an read a little more! A lot of things get explained later (obviously), but if you find it isn't your 'cup of tea' then you don't have to read it (o:
The flash segments are always pleasant to watch even if one isn't a fan

Also, while I have corrected your quoted post, it is 'Homestuck'. If you accidentally typed in 'homosuck' then that's fine, now you know, but if you did it purposefully I hope you know that calling the comic by that name is rather rude. Please, don't attempt to offend people)))

Now After This Rather Verbose Reply Post I Think That I Shall Return To My Previous Activity Of Trolling Omegle As Kanaya And The Dolorosa

#96 22 Aug, 2011 11:14 pm

LOL well said

#97 22 Aug, 2011 11:49 pm

Angelstar123 wrote:

Auurggh DX the troll shirts on on sale but terezis is sold out ;A; why Hussie why??!

yea

GC: H3Y, D1D YOU KNOW TH4T OUR GROUP 1S FULL 1N TH3 HOM3STUCK OLMP1CS? >:?
CG: OH GOD, HOW MANY FANS ARE OUT THERE?

#98 22 Aug, 2011 11:51 pm

pap
swoooooooooooooooosh

GC: H3Y, D1D YOU KNOW TH4T OUR GROUP 1S FULL 1N TH3 HOM3STUCK OLMP1CS? >:?
CG: OH GOD, HOW MANY FANS ARE OUT THERE?

#99 23 Aug, 2011 12:54 am

HEY GUYS.
UPDATE.

#100 23 Aug, 2011 1:52 am

'palemates 4 LYFE' Apparently)))
Karkat<>Gamzee is just SO ADORABLE

Board footer

228 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.