Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 12 Jun, 2012 12:05 am

Hide from gallery button

Wouldn't it be good to have a hide from gallery button, so that you can "remove" old or unwanted drawings from your gallery without deleting them? You could hide and put your drawings back to active whenever you want. It's also nice to look back on old drawings!

I sometimes regret deleting some of old my drawings and I can't really do anything about it now :/ and it's sometimes nice to start afresh without losing all your drawings.

Tell me how do you feel about this suggestion :)

Last edited by DinoLovesdolly (12 Jun, 2012 12:07 am)

Bleh.

#2 12 Jun, 2012 12:15 am

Re: Hide from gallery button

I like this idea very, very much big_smile

#3 12 Jun, 2012 12:36 am

OMG best idea in the whole world! GOT to get mick

Teamwork means to never take the blame

#4 12 Jun, 2012 12:54 am

Agree big_smile

#5 13 Jun, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh, thanks guys ^^ nice to see that you agree!

Bleh.

#6 13 Jun, 2012 6:45 pm

we. need. this. ovob

#7 13 Jun, 2012 10:00 pm

I don't like this idea at all.

I don't know how many of you have a huge favorites list of 400+ music videos on Youtube. But for those of you who do, doesn't it just get on your nerves when one of the videos is removed or set to private?

I can't say I want favorite drawings of mine being turned invisible because the artist thinks it's not very good.

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#8 13 Jun, 2012 10:30 pm

why would you hide them anyway D:

Show without showing
What you know without knowing.

#9 14 Jun, 2012 12:13 am

VirusX wrote:

I don't like this idea at all.

I don't know how many of you have a huge favorites list of 400+ music videos on Youtube. But for those of you who do, doesn't it just get on your nerves when one of the videos is removed or set to private?

I can't say I want favorite drawings of mine being turned invisible because the artist thinks it's not very good.

Well some artists here are drawing to improve, not really seeking for popularity. As for a video, there are also people who vlog/put music/makes videos for their own entertainment. My point is that isn't someone else's drawings for them to decide what they want to do with them, whether people like it or not. Don't you also draw the things you like, not the things other people want you to? Hope you understand my view smile

Last edited by DinoLovesdolly (14 Jun, 2012 12:39 am)

Bleh.

#10 14 Jun, 2012 12:20 am

GiganT09011994 wrote:

Hahaha if you get sick of them or just don't want them in the gallery. The difference from deleting them is that you can put them back to active wink

Bleh.

#11 14 Jun, 2012 12:28 am

It has its downsides, but I like this idea. I have plenty of crummy drawings that I don't want to delete but don't like clogging my page.

When I type it out like that, I think, 'why not delete them?'
But I have little drawings that have 'yay, hundredth draw!' on them. That's why.
TMI-FYI

Said the little red one.

#12 14 Jun, 2012 1:23 am

DinoLovesdolly wrote:

GiganT09011994 wrote:

Hahaha if you get sick of them or just don't want them in the gallery. The difference from deleting them is that you can put them back to active wink

Aha ..cool =w=

Show without showing
What you know without knowing.

#13 14 Jun, 2012 3:08 am

nao

yes plz.

senpaiiii, notice me. D;

#14 14 Jun, 2012 4:50 am

DinoLovesdolly wrote:

Well some artists here are drawing to improve, not really seeking for popularity. As for a video, there are also people who vlog/put music/makes videos for their own entertainment. My point is that isn't someone else's drawings for them to decide what they want to do with them, whether people like it or not. Don't you also draw the things you like, not the things other people want you to? Hope you understand my view smile

If someone asked me to keep a drawing in my gallery because it helped them. I would keep it.
If you're going to draw something you don't want people to see. Draw it in a private sketchbook. It's a bit selfish to hide your drawings just because you don't think it represents your gallery well, when you drew it in public for others to view, and to like.

I definitely do not support this idea. At all. And I hope it doesn't come true, because I'm sure many artists whose drawings I favorited will decide to hide their drawings because they think they aren't good enough. And that will frustrate me. I added their drawings to my favorites list for a reason.

Last edited by VirusX (14 Jun, 2012 7:16 am)

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#15 14 Jun, 2012 8:19 am

Indeed this will be very useful tool if you are unsatisfied of your own work but is having second thoughts of whether deleting it or not.
On the other hand, if you are really unsatisfied of your previous draws, wouldn't it be better to just redraw it so you can show everyone how much you've improved. I saw the "redraw comp" entries awhile ago and it inspired me.

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
My motto: An apple a day is seven apples a week.

#16 14 Jun, 2012 11:22 am

... I don't dislike it ...
It has its pros and cons...

Last edited by Archetype Delta (14 Jun, 2012 11:22 am)

"Men will always be men, my dear Rachel. ( ̄ー ̄)" - Francine T. Evans.

#17 14 Jun, 2012 12:24 pm

YES I CAN FINALLY HIDE THOSE STUPID WIPS I CAN'T DELETE, if Mick allows this anyway.

/sweats

#18 14 Jun, 2012 12:47 pm

VirusX wrote:

DinoLovesdolly wrote:

If someone asked me to keep a drawing in my gallery because it helped them. I would keep it.
If you're going to draw something you don't want people to see. Draw it in a private sketchbook. It's a bit selfish to hide your drawings just because you don't think it represents your gallery well, when you drew it in public for others to view, and to like.

I definitely do not support this idea. At all. And I hope it doesn't come true, because I'm sure many artists whose drawings I favorited will decide to hide their drawings because they think they aren't good enough. And that will frustrate me. I added their drawings to my favorites list for a reason.

Usually people don't mind those things.

When people delete their art, I bet the last thing they're thinking of is that they're being selfish. I mean c'mon you've probably deleted your own drawings too. If not that's fine too, just trying to make an example. In my opinion hiding and deleting your art is the artist's decision, and as for me I respect their choice.

Don't worry, I don't expect everyone to support this. Besides it's just a suggestion, take it easy wink

Bleh.

#19 14 Jun, 2012 12:57 pm

eatbbycks wrote:

YES I CAN FINALLY HIDE THOSE STUPID WIPS I CAN'T DELETE, if Mick allows this anyway.

Hahaha putting the button in great use! XD Yes i hope Mick allows this also!

Bleh.

#20 14 Jun, 2012 1:02 pm

GiganT09011994 wrote:

DinoLovesdolly wrote:

GiganT09011994 wrote:

Aha ..cool =w=

Yeah, isn't it =v=

Bleh.

Board footer

149 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.