Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 21 Jul, 2012 6:01 pm

Saving and editing drawings...

I suggest having a saving system in this case where you have to take a break from drawing and have to click "save for later" and when you come back you can click "edit drawing". You can choose which drawing you didn't finish for editing and stuff. (Don't know if this is already here, but I'm just posting something like this since a drawing I was working on that I liked so much just disappeared, don't know if I want to draw again on this website) It's a simple click save, edit, and finish system. That's all. Thanks for reading.

#2 21 Jul, 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Saving and editing drawings...

you can save the file in Java to your computer and load it when you want to continue working~ you can do the same in Canvasdraw, C:
on Flash, the saving thing should not be trusted D:

#3 21 Jul, 2012 7:28 pm

Aphetide wrote:

you can save the file in Java to your computer and load it when you want to continue working~ you can do the same in Canvasdraw, C:
on Flash, the saving thing should not be trusted D:

You can save to your computer on flash too....

#4 21 Jul, 2012 9:05 pm

When working in Photoshop, you can just click "save" and you manually save the file to your computer by giving it a name. Then, if you click "save" a second time, it automatically saves the file that you're working on to the file you saved before, without you having to specify where to save it again.

It's quite simple, and I've always wanted that for Chibipaint.
In fact, I believe Chibipaint could benefit from some improvements. So could Flash, really. But that's for a different thread.

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#5 21 Jul, 2012 10:00 pm

I can save to my computer in Java, but can never retrieve them/  All I get back is an empty canvas...I have been dumping pictures for the last couple of days when I am too tired to finish them.  It has been like this since I joined in December.  If there is something other than opening Java and clicking on the "loading saved file" and choosing the file on your computer, please tell me what it is.

In Canvasdraw, it instructs you to name a file one way, but won't load it unless it is named some other way.

As such, I won't consider starting a drawing unless I feel I can finish it, and I always clear my browser cache immediately before starting a drawing in Java or Canvas to avoid losing the drawing...

If you can't beat 'em, send 'em to their room

#6 22 Jul, 2012 6:39 pm

agyla wrote:

I can save to my computer in Java, but can never retrieve them

Do you name your files with the extension .chi?

That is required. If it's not saved as drawing.chi, you can't use it again.
What you name it before the .chi is up to you. But after that, you must name it .chi.

Last edited by VirusX (22 Jul, 2012 6:40 pm)

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

Board footer

144 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.