Kimi ni Todoke
Knight Princess
Koko Ni Iru Yo!
Koi Nanka Hajimaranai
Koizora
Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu
L-DK
Last Game
Liking the Worst Possible Person (One-shot)
Love Berrish!
Lovely Complex
Lover Boy
Mairunovich
Make Sweet
Marmalade Boy
Mascara Blues (One-shot)
Max Lovely
Miunohri to Swan
Moe Kare!!
My Hero!
Nana
Nanaco Robin
Narabuna Kiken!! (One-shot)
Nineteen, Twenty One
Okosama Brat (One-shot)
Ore no Ko desu ka?
Power!!
Say Say Say
Shinobi Life
Stardust Wink
Saboten no Himitsu
She is Mine
Shinobi denai to! (One-shot)
Switch Girl!!
Tonari no Atashi
The Moment When a Fox Becomes a Wolf
Toraware Beast (One-shot)
Toumei na Sekai (One-shot)
Watashi ni xx Shinasai
Wait! Wolf
Yumemiru Taiyou
(These are all recommended)
But my all time favourite shoujo manga is Ao Haru Ride followed by Strobe Edge
YOU MUST READ THOSE TWO MANGA!!

Anyway, what are your favourite shoujo manga?
(This topic is for recommendations and discussions.)

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!! smile

If you wanna talk about manga with me (IF IT'S AO HARU RIDE PLEASE) - or if you're just bored and wanna talk to someone - then add me on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/JasmineCastelo or just search up Jasmine Blehhfdhwagdsbk) and message saying you're from RMD! big_smile

I LOVE AO HARU RIDE.

All love is sweet, given, or returned~
^w^

#2 11 Sep, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Unpopular Shoujo Manga Fanclub

Wow that's a lot big_smile I havent read Ao Haru Ride, but I'll try it out now C:

I like Ultra Maniac, yeah, unpopular...

What is a One-Shot? D: IknowI'mdumb

#3 11 Sep, 2012 11:12 pm

Oh, and I read Dengeki Daisy, but other than that, I haven't read those D:

#4 12 Sep, 2012 2:36 am

CreamyLamb wrote:

Wow that's a lot big_smile I havent read Ao Haru Ride, but I'll try it out now C:

I like Ultra Maniac, yeah, unpopular...

What is a One-Shot? D: IknowI'mdumb

There's more where it came from smile Ao Haru Ride is a great manga because it's not like a mainstream type of shoujo manga. I have heard of Ultra Maniac (it's by the same mangaka as Marmalade Boy :'D) but I'm not too into the fantasy genre. I kind of like the supernatural genre but it really depends. smile

A one-shot manga is pretty much a short story just squished into one chapter. I like reading one-shots when I'm really bored. c: And you're not dumb at all, most people don't know what it is haha. :3

^w^

#5 12 Sep, 2012 2:38 am

CreamyLamb wrote:

Oh, and I read Dengeki Daisy, but other than that, I haven't read those D:

I think Dengeki Daisy is a really good read! ^-^
What kind of genre do you like? I can recommend some manga more specifically if you'd like. :3

^w^

#6 12 Sep, 2012 2:40 am

Haha Im also a shoujo fangirl (not only the school life type though) but Im really picky heh especially with the artwork. XD

Its funny that Ive tried almost all of those listed tongue and many others too. I would say my fav are akagami no shirayukihime, last game, hibi chouchou, oresama teacher, gakuen babysitters, orange, kamisama hajimething (i always forget the name yikes ) , otomen..as you can see I prefer the light hearted ones, too much drama and misumderstandings arent for me :p

Btw Ive read ao haru ride, hmm lets say the artwork is magnificent, but the characters didn really catch me hmm i prefer strobe edge characters

Last edited by Memories (12 Sep, 2012 3:04 am)

Meat ~ I'm ForgottenArtist big_smile

#7 12 Sep, 2012 1:17 pm

Memories wrote:

Haha Im also a shoujo fangirl (not only the school life type though) but Im really picky heh especially with the artwork. XD

Its funny that Ive tried almost all of those listed tongue and many others too. I would say my fav are akagami no shirayukihime, last game, hibi chouchou, oresama teacher, gakuen babysitters, orange, kamisama hajimething (i always forget the name yikes ) , otomen..as you can see I prefer the light hearted ones, too much drama and misumderstandings arent for me :p

Btw Ive read ao haru ride, hmm lets say the artwork is magnificent, but the characters didn really catch me hmm i prefer strobe edge characters

This girl is smart Cx

heheh genres? I'm fine with anything, it depends on how I feel. I just can't read something with bad art D:

#8 13 Sep, 2012 2:15 am

Memories wrote:

I totally agree, the artwork is definitely an important factor. I like light-hearted manga but I love it when my heart goes doki-doki a lot. :3
And in my opinion I prefer Ao Haru Ride's characters over Strobe Edge's characters! x) I love Ren's gentle but mysterious and misunderstood personnality but I'm really in love with Kou! He's just so.... GAHH.

Or maybe I like Ao Haru Ride because everyone has fluffy hair. ._.
Ohh I don't know. >w<

^w^

#9 13 Sep, 2012 1:45 pm

Memories wrote:

Me too, if it's drawn even slightly bad I wouldn't even want to know what the story is about.
My favorite and most likely only Shoujo manga I've read is probably Gakuen Alice. I seriously loved that manga. I never finished it though because I read it for about 4 years it's probably still ongoing but the story got so boring I gave up on it years ago.

But I will say that the manga is a billion times better than the Anime.

Jump on the skateboard, Yatagarasu~

#10 15 Sep, 2012 12:27 am

@CreamyLamb: Thanks, you too gal =u= *thumbsup*

@Jaz: I can guess that would be ao haru ride? lool as for me, the shoujo manga that made my heart into dokidoki mode the most is Gakuen Babysitters, and there is almost no romance LOL.... romantic couples cannot compare to those babies' cuteness ♥ //nosebleed
I love Kou too, but I dont really like the lead girl and her friend (I forgot their names ) I preferred Ninako and her friend, I also loved Andou and Ren of course smile

@Mell: I understand you, I usually look at the cover picture before the summary hehe. I've read Gakuen Alice too, but stopped because the story got confusing after they escaped school. I plan to read it in one go when its going to be completed so that I wont get lost. smile Its one of the best and most original shoujo Ive read (its sometimes hard to believe they are only 11 years old though...)

#11 16 Sep, 2012 3:46 am

I generally hate Shoujo. Because it's usually pretty bad.

Cat Street is the only Shoujo manga I appreciate.

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#12 16 Sep, 2012 5:45 pm

VirusX wrote:

I generally hate Shoujo. Because it's usually pretty bad.

Cat Street is the only Shoujo manga I appreciate.

Hate is a strong word D:
Although I admit Cat Street is a great manga.

^w^

#13 25 Sep, 2012 3:24 am

Bumpity :"3

^w^

#14 14 Nov, 2012 6:13 pm

Do you know Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun??? big_smile Its hilarious...im not sure if its famous or not... I like Haru and Yamaken and Sasayan...(characters from TNK)

Last edited by ChocoMiu (14 Nov, 2012 6:14 pm)

I think I'm hungry...*rawr* oh and I'm holding a comp.~ http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … p?id=25991 hope a lot of people joins! big_smile

#15 15 Nov, 2012 12:19 am

I love a good Shoujo story tho I never heard of the ones you listed..... I will check them out. I agree with the lot of you, art makes a good manga but some time if the story is interesting I will read it. I do some times side with the main steam manga but I do like the not so popular manga my list:

Skip Beat
Vampire Knight 
Fruits Basket
D.N Angel
My Boyfriend is a Vampire
(Didn't read it but watch it way back when) Sailor Moon
Uta no Prince-sama

Not listing a couple trying to keep it PG.... yea I don't read many Shoujo manga

#16 16 Nov, 2012 1:00 am

@ChocoMiu: haha I LOVE tonari no kaibutsu-kun !!! It's definitely one of my top!! XDD I love that there's NO annoying characters, it's so rare haha (I root for NatsumeXSasayan =u= )

@dawnpool: Skip Beat FTW tongue

#17 16 Nov, 2012 4:39 am

Haha yay!!! i love it too!!!! and i agree with the fact that there isn't annoying characters!!! and i also root for NatsumeXSasayan!!! they are so cute (=wsmile

I think I'm hungry...*rawr* oh and I'm holding a comp.~ http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … p?id=25991 hope a lot of people joins! big_smile

#18 20 Nov, 2012 3:16 am

Hiyokoi is a really great and underappreciated one. Like seriously, it's so adorable and I normally don't really like shoujo but this just
Also the kuragehime anime is pretty awesome, but does that even count as shoujo because...well...it just seems to be targeted towards older audiences but not in like an inappropriate way or anything; the characters are just older.

#19 20 Nov, 2012 3:45 pm

Ahhh~ Kou is just so.. Dreamy? xD As well as Ren and Andou in Strobe edge, And Kurosaki from Dengeki Daisy is just so badass! big_smile

Fan-Girling Like A Boss.

#20 29 Dec, 2012 10:37 pm

Ultra Maniac is unpopular and AMAZINGGGGG. I saw it as a reccomendation at the back of one of my mangas, I read it and I was in love <333

Is the Gentlemen's Alliance Cross unpopular? I'm not that sure (It was published by Shojo Beat)

Board footer

117 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.