Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 01 Oct, 2012 9:18 pm

Owari'a amazing OC comp~

Edit: COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. Thanks to all the wonderful people who participated!

WINNING ENTRIES

FIRST PRIZE:

For their amazing details and use of color and lighting, as well as accurately portraying the personality of the character, jaoosa6 wins first prize!

SECOND PRIZE

For their wonderful lightning and obvious effort, as well as adding a nice intensity to the picture, DanaBBC wins second prize!

THIRD PRIZE

For Their unique take one the character's hairstyle, as well as the interesting lightning, Cherryblossom7 wins third prize!

HONORABLE MENTION

for her Punctuality in responding, SpirtedAway wins an Honorable Mention!

. For her unique background, Michii-Star also recieves an Honorable Mention!

Thank you all for participating, please message me for your prizes!

None of my other competitions have seemed to have gotten off the ground, so I've decided to settle with a more subdued type of comp.

The competition is... To draw my OC!

.                  .                 ((<< Kyrka is the white-haired one))

Contest Rules and Objectives

1. You must link back to the comp in some sort of way, whether it be by the title of the artwork, in the description, whatever. (doesn't have to be an actual link, though. Just mention the comp title.)

2. The drawing should show skill in technique and use of RMD tools, and the ability to interpret feelings and personalities from basic descriptions, as well as the proper showcasing of the artistic talents and the artist has reacted to the prompt.

Name: Kyrka

Age: 16/428 yrs (It all depends on how you look at it. Time moves slower in her homeland, so she's 428 earth years, and 16 years old physically. It's kind of complicated, sorry. I have a metaphor in my head, but I'm not good with metaphors.)

Height: I think I had her around 5'7". (I dunno, it's hard for me to judge other people's heights because I'm usually a full head and shoulders taller than everybody. But she's around normal height, I think.)

Personality: Very impulsive and erratic, but she can be calm and collected sometimes too. It all depends on how much sleep and food she's had recently. She can be hard on people sometimes for their mistakes, but much harder on herself. She doesn't understand guys, but she has a very tomboyish behavior. She feels uncomfortable in dressy things and prefers durable clothing for her physical training sessions.

Skin: pale/tannish. No freckles. XP

Hair: short and white and spiky. It goes down to just about her shoulders when she isn't running around.

Eyes: yellow/gold. They turn bright blue when she concentrates very hard on her lightning.

Special abilities: Can summon storms. Her specialty is lightning storms, but she can do rainstorms as well. She runs, and the stormclouds appear behind her and start pouring. She adds the lightning herself.

Preferred clothing: Her stormbringing/formal clothes are as follows: a yellow short sleeved jacket with a collar that reaches about to her chin and white bands crisscrossing, long black gloves with white bands crisscrossing, dark blue pants with mid thigh zippers, tucked into black boots (also with white bands crisscrossing XD). You can change it up a bit though if you want. When she isn't wearing that, though, she'll wear anything comfortable and not too girly. 

Note: it can be in any style, but anime is preferred. (it's just that I think she looks weird in a realistic style.)

Deadline: EXTENDED to  November 30

October 25 (which is also her birthday :3)

You can enter more than once smile

Prizes

FIRST: 30 honest rates, ten comments, a drawing request, and friends
SECOND: 20 honest rates, 7 comments, and a sketch/lineart request.
THIRD: 10 honest rates, 5 comments
Honorable mention: 5 honest rates, 3 comments

Good luck and happy drawing!

ENTRIES:

SpirtedAway

Cherryblossom7

DanaBBC

Michii-Star

jasoosa2

Last edited by OwariNaiYume (06 Dec, 2012 7:03 pm)

Everything will be all right in the end; and if it is not all right, it is not the end.
-Paolo Coelho

#2 02 Oct, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Owari'a amazing OC comp~

im drawing it right now o3o

"I'm gonna die alone. Adolescence didn't make sense. A little loss of innocence, The ugly years of being a fool.. Ain't youth meant to be beautiful?"

#3 02 Oct, 2012 6:15 pm

o3o

"I'm gonna die alone. Adolescence didn't make sense. A little loss of innocence, The ugly years of being a fool.. Ain't youth meant to be beautiful?"

#4 02 Oct, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks, Spirit! It's so cute! :3

Everything will be all right in the end; and if it is not all right, it is not the end.
-Paolo Coelho

#5 03 Oct, 2012 2:45 am

Seems like fun, I'll join.

No blood!
No bone!
No ash!

#6 03 Oct, 2012 4:29 am

looks like a cool character~

Can't clap along.
I don't know what being a room without roof feels like.

#7 03 Oct, 2012 6:33 am

cool! i'll try c:

i have cat who eats dogs C:

#8 03 Oct, 2012 9:52 am

Oh yay, now there's enough people for all the prizes (~"TTwTT )~

-Paolo Coelho

#9 05 Oct, 2012 1:31 pm

Me will try, your character is cool šoš!

.-. .................yo..................  ._.

#10 15 Oct, 2012 3:21 pm

My brain is telling me I'm too lazy, but I'm getting such cool ideas . . . x)

Said the little red one.

#11 16 Oct, 2012 9:19 am

Heree^^

The dancer believes that his art has something to say that cannot be expressed in words or in any other way than dancing.

#12 17 Oct, 2012 3:21 pm

Done.

Said the little red one.

#13 18 Oct, 2012 4:39 pm

Iwigsulful is raping the forums...

Can't clap along.
I don't know what being a room without roof feels like.

#14 18 Oct, 2012 5:57 pm

red*rogue wrote:

He/she basically raped my latest drawing: I had to delete 13 comments because they were nothing but spam.

-Paolo Coelho

#15 22 Oct, 2012 4:05 pm

OwariNaiYume wrote:

red*rogue wrote:

He/she basically raped my latest drawing: I had to delete 13 comments because they were nothing but spam.

Pssssshhhh. I had 25. Most of them were around 20 lines, I think.

Said the little red one.

#16 22 Oct, 2012 6:12 pm

Cherryblossom 7 wrote:

OwariNaiYume wrote:

red*rogue wrote:

Pssssshhhh. I had 25. Most of them were around 20 lines, I think.

Yup. Same here.... >:[

-Paolo Coelho

#17 24 Oct, 2012 6:38 pm

Bump

-Paolo Coelho

#18 28 Oct, 2012 8:24 am

BuMp

-Paolo Coelho

#19 28 Oct, 2012 12:25 pm

Bump

-Paolo Coelho

#20 29 Oct, 2012 7:07 pm

Bump

-Paolo Coelho

Board footer

177 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

Copyright Mixart New Media LLC.
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide