Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 18 Nov, 2012 10:33 pm

Cannot save drawing to RMD website

Hi all, so I am new ( but not really, just stopped for a few years and came back ). Things have really changed, but basically I tried out the JavaDraw to create a picture. There is no problem saving and loading the .chi file to my computer. However, I am now ready to upload the picture to the website, but an error window pops up, and I have tried several times to upload with the same error message.

I have used the FlashDraw, and there was no problem saving, or uploading to the website at all. With JavaDraw, this is what it says:

"Error while saving drawing...Error: Unexpected answer from the serverHTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 22:24;14 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.3.18
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.18
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID-f0d2b565060853c867fc3719362db0d5; path=/
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov. 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Length: 303
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/plain"

I would like assistance on this problem and if it can be solved. Or else I can only make pictures, but cannot upload them to the website. I can take screenshots of my picture, but I have no way to upload them to the RMD website unless I upload it to another website and paste the link here.... all of which I do not want to go through the trouble of doing.

Thank you for reading~ TPC198

“You do not have to sit outside in the dark. If, however, you want to look at the stars, you will find that darkness is necessary. But the stars neither require nor demand it.”

― Annie Dillard, Teaching a Stone to Talk: Expeditions and Encounters

#2 18 Nov, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Cannot save drawing to RMD website

same thing is happening to me too! i don't know what to do about it...i thought it was just my computer, but if ur having the same problem, it can't be just my computer. hmm someone please help.. hmm
thanks.

"Everything will turn out alright in the end, and if it's not alright, then it's not the end"
-----------------------------------

#3 18 Nov, 2012 10:45 pm

Good to know it isn't just me! smile I tried different browsers, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome...none of them make a difference. I get the same error message... Hope someone knows a way to fix this~ or if it's a bigger problem someone should make some adjustments to the website.

Thanks. wink

“You do not have to sit outside in the dark. If, however, you want to look at the stars, you will find that darkness is necessary. But the stars neither require nor demand it.”

― Annie Dillard, Teaching a Stone to Talk: Expeditions and Encounters

#4 19 Nov, 2012 12:42 am

lemme join the club =w=
I think Mick's messing around with the site
or a hacker ;A;

#5 19 Nov, 2012 8:43 am

eeek! i'm having this problem too D:
i now have two saved drawings to be uploaded to this webbie ;___;
really hope someone will fix this hmm

#6 19 Nov, 2012 10:10 am

I too have tried to upload my finished drawing to RMD and am not able to. Keep getting an error message.  Also noticed that when I made changes to my pic, when i went back to get the pic to upload the changes were not made.  Hope RMD can fix it.  Guess I will have to be patient.

To journey into the soul of another person is a sacred honor.

#7 19 Nov, 2012 12:49 pm

it's now working big_smile i mean, i can upload my drawings now! lol
now, hopefully, everyone can upload their drawings too :3

#8 19 Nov, 2012 4:07 pm

okay, cool. Nice to know im not the only one with this happening! smile hopefulley it will get fixed soon.

"Everything will turn out alright in the end, and if it's not alright, then it's not the end"
-----------------------------------

#9 19 Nov, 2012 6:43 pm

mick wrote:

Hey guys - apologies for these errors.

RMD is going through some maintenance/hardware updates and any of these errors are temporary and will be addressed. No data or ranking etc. should be lost - just some incorrect information may be displayed at times.

Will aim to keep these issues to a minimum while we go through this process.

(from another topic)
so...   yeah~

#10 20 Nov, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks Mike for reporting on what is going on.  Very much appreciated.  I was able to upload a pic to the site.    Love, love RMD and all those who are responsible for this site.

To journey into the soul of another person is a sacred honor.

#11 25 Nov, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi Mick,
So I finished a FlashDraw yesterday, and I saved it to the website, but then the page where it says "this site is under maintenance" of whatever came up. So I went check if my drawing had actually saved today, and it isn't there. So I'm not sure if there is any data of it or anything, or if the whole drawing is gone. I didn't get to save it to my computer, so I was just wondering about that. I do realize that it might be gone though, so it's ok if you can't do anything about it.

#12 25 Nov, 2012 11:41 pm

Whats Her Name wrote:

Hi Mick,
So I finished a FlashDraw yesterday, and I saved it to the website, but then the page where it says "this site is under maintenance" of whatever came up. So I went check if my drawing had actually saved today, and it isn't there. So I'm not sure if there is any data of it or anything, or if the whole drawing is gone. I didn't get to save it to my computer, so I was just wondering about that. I do realize that it might be gone though, so it's ok if you can't do anything about it.

I had a look and unfortunately it looks like your drawing only half-saved. The information about the drawing such as it's name description, etc. was saved but the data for the drawing itself was not saved. Unfortunately you will have to start again.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

Board footer

171 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.