Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#21 27 Nov, 2013 8:43 am

Re: RMD is different~

Taken some hiatus here once again, but honestly I didn't see much of a change since I came here, sometimes people more active, sometimes people less active. It's pretty sad that some are leaving only because of the rating system though, I actually don't see much of the difference between new and old as Mick stated in hist post about it, and I believe it's not a thing that was making this site different from the others, in my opinion it was always been a community (basically it's much more friendly than on the other sites).

Anyway, I've been doing some modifications to chibipaint and I'm almost ready to make demonstration version, hope this site will not be totally dead, when I'll do it and someone (maybe like 2 or 3 people) will get interested in my work smile

There is no land but the land...
There is no sea but the sea...
There is no keeper but the key,
Except for those who seize possibilities!!!

#22 27 Nov, 2013 6:08 pm

It seems to me like it was easier to have friends back when I joined. I used to have more friends but a lot of them quit and now I only have one or two. I used to make friends just by commenting on drawings but now when I comment I rarely even get a thank you. It's sad. sad It could be because there are less active users now, but I don't know.

Sonic is my favorite character now. smile

#23 27 Nov, 2013 7:29 pm

I jpined rmd two or three years ago and I have never been long or super active, but I used to visit this side once a week a check on new drawings and maybe draw something, too ...
now I love to do colloborations in the draw chat, but there are always so few people around ... and most of them actually only watch and dont draw I single thing. hmm  Thats really ... sad ... what I loved the most about this site was the comunity and to interact with them, especially in the drawchat. D:

#24 27 Nov, 2013 11:46 pm

red*rogue wrote:

omg... Emmy OTL
You're so sweeeeet ;u;
You rated and commented like 15 things XD

oh haha yeaaaah (: I have a rat exchange thread but no one is posting on there. im more than happy to rate and comment big_smile

#25 27 Nov, 2013 11:55 pm

aaaaahhh mick commented here!!! he does listen *O*

#26 28 Nov, 2013 1:52 am

LOOL @ Mick's comment

#27 28 Nov, 2013 10:05 am

but rating

but rating

ratemydrawings

I want to rate

I want to hurt people's feelings by making their hearts not full. yes. such passion burns through my like a raging dragon of death. wow.
a like is not enough to express my satisfaction of their art

I want to feel depressed when people downrate my art,
and then be like "WELL COOL, I'M GOING TO TRY HARDER NEXT TIME, MAYBE(actually not maybe)"

because likes are boring and lack feedback. I can't be bothered to comment. I haven't the time! I have to do other things like update facebook statuses and be a hormonal teenager.

like a 10-rate system would be better because if you rate people say like 8/10 it isn't as brutal as rating it 3/5
I think the less hearts the more condemned people feel to rate highly
seriously I would be happier to have something rated 7/10 rather than 3/5 or 2/5. because numbers.

but yeah, it's not going to change. except that's my immense burning frustration about ratemydrawings.com, and people probably disagree anyway because opinions.

#28 30 Nov, 2013 9:23 pm

bump

'cus I read all the posts
and I think your opinions are interesting~

#29 01 Dec, 2013 7:01 am

I don't think I'm considered as an old user... and I know I'm not really active as I should be, but I want to say, I liked it when it was with the hearts, and every time I click 5 hearts, I get to see the red fill in the hearts slowly but surely, it would be 5 big fat and juicy hearts in a row and then--'cough' it made me happy. Not that I dislike the "Like" system or anything...
What I really missed was that cool secret santa thing that happens once a year (whichlookedlikeacooltraditionthatwasgoingonthere,youknow?) that I was really looking forward to (butthenit'snottoolateright??righhht??) in which I had an excuse to draw someone something and actually try to put effort into it for once... and then I'd feel very happy because it was the Christmas spirit thing...
(yeah,yeahijustwantanexcusetogiveapresent)
It's not like I'm actually wishing on it to happen or anything. /tsundere
BUT THEN, yeah... the site sure died down a lot, indeed. But I understand, life is busy. 'nodnod'
(butitshouldn'tbewhenit'stheholidayseasonriight???!!!!!!?!?!!)
I'm sorry... please excuse my ramblings. (; ロ)

tldr;
Just know that when I press "like", that's me and my big juicy 5 hearts filling up for you. ❤❤❤❤❤

#30 01 Dec, 2013 8:36 am

Predelnik wrote:

Anyway, I've been doing some modifications to chibipaint and I'm almost ready to make demonstration version, hope this site will not be totally dead, when I'll do it and someone (maybe like 2 or 3 people) will get interested in my work smile

Yo! Count me in, I'm interested big_smile

#31 01 Dec, 2013 1:12 pm

an option for a mobile version would be good. im now mostly on my smartphone and rmd has only a desktop mode. a way to visit the drawings and commenting them. i havent been drawing much since i begun working.

#32 25 Jan, 2014 4:52 pm

sinan.. wrote:

an option for a mobile version would be good. im now mostly on my smartphone and rmd has only a desktop mode. a way to visit the drawings and commenting them. i havent been drawing much since i begun working.

RMD really needs an app. But it'll probably never happen.

Hakuna matata.

#33 26 Jan, 2014 3:31 pm

Innocent.Mask wrote:

I miss how there was a lot more active people in drawchat. Like maybe 4 people per room. Now its like 6 people in one room T_T So lonely.. it's a ghost town in there.

I don't know, it's just dead on here now. I'm not excited about this website anymore.

I can't help but laugh. But it's true, RMD's ded. LOL

Last edited by Gatchaman (26 Jan, 2014 3:32 pm)

'Jump on the skateboard, Yatagarasuuuuuu----'

#34 26 Jan, 2014 7:14 pm

there's a difference between mostly dead, and all dead. (if you dont get this reference shame on you.) anyway, yeah, this site is too amazing to be completely abandoned. iscribble doesn't compare to the glorious ways of DC D:

Last edited by ecophlee (26 Jan, 2014 7:14 pm)

-Echo-Flea

"It's not about what's missing; it's about what's left."

#35 26 Jan, 2014 8:48 pm

Ever since I lost my password for my main account, this place hasn't been quite the same for me.

#36 31 Jan, 2014 1:30 am

I've been on here 4 or 5 years and I too have seen the community of artist come and go.  As far as the rating system goes.. I  think the like system works.. If i take the time to open someones draw and look at it ... It is because something caught my eye that I LIKED and i wanted to see it.  and I might not leave the most helpful comments but that is because I am not an art critic who am I to say someones art is good or bad by rating a 2 /5 I like what I like... and If I dont like it then I do not have to look or rate it.

What makes me sad is all the artist that leave us because they become top artist. I know that I do not deserve to be number 17  in the top artist I know that crinaanca,  majestic, fathso,  forgotten artist, zanjux beefcake, artist KGH, santa cruiser rathian 647 , junco, crystal moon laurat and ace63 vinny100 amethste emiily they are all better artist then I am... Yet because of the amount of time I spend on rates and comments  adds to my ranks ...  and out of the top 16 artist above me 10 of them dont even come in anymore or very seldom... those 10  were all so active here every day and they spent a lot of time to help RMD become what it is or was... and now they are gone... out of the 20 or 50 below my rank ... they dont come in either... or atleast not much...I just dont get it...  Maybe they dont find it challenging anymore... I wonder what would happen if once or twice a year of the top 50  artist would be tossed back to the back of the  line and had to come in and  to draw  their way back up to the top... would they do it??? I know I would find that a challenge... and I would be in here to draw my way up through the ranks again.  It would be interesting to see what happened to the mix...  dont hate me for this comment I am just thinking out loud *LOL*

Bee happy Bee thankful

#37 01 Feb, 2014 12:10 am

I am new to RMD and I am having a ball.  I do these for myself (keeps me outta trouble) and I really appreciate the comments. 
I did notice numbers in some of the comments and assumed they were the people's way of rating a draw.  But again, I appreciate the comments.  If someone takes the time to type and give me a little boost (or tip), it makes my day.
I did notice the FB RMD page is quiet.  I am so new that this site seems to be well supported.  I can't imagine thousands of people submitting draws... I'd never get to see any of them.

In God I Trust.

#38 02 Feb, 2014 8:05 am

I agree with them on these topics. smile

FudgeMuffin:

1.Customization canvas size.

2.Being able to scale or rotate something once you've drawn it on the canvas.

3.Being able to change the colour/saturation/contrast of a drawing like in a regular art program.

4. (as for site management) New users with under 5 drawings should be unable to make a new forum in the "request a drawings" forum, since we have a lot of people coming in and asking for a free drawing when it's against the rules and they never stay once they get what they wanted.

changingfavorite:

The only thing I can think of that I don't like is the stretch-to-fit feature. It's good for very large drawings, but it bothers me when almost every smaller drawing I look at starts at "stretch-to-fit" because they have lower quality that way. I think that there should be some way to keep drawings at either "Actual size" or "Stretch-to-fit".

#39 02 Feb, 2014 3:33 pm

This site just didn't make it, i don't come on anymore because the lack of people to talk and communicate with on draw chat. Plus, you have to have amazing art skills to get any type of feedback.

//licks lip
mm bbyy
//lifts chicken to mouth
;D

#40 02 Feb, 2014 8:29 pm

emmym95 wrote:

Lavenderdoodle wrote:

I dont even bother anymore

I miss you though, you were one of my favorites..

;A;

<//3

Board footer

132 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.