Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 15 Apr, 2014 5:26 pm

Community Feed/ Award system

What happened to the Community Feed today? Cant see who got the awards for the day without it.

#2 15 Apr, 2014 7:19 pm

Re: Community Feed/ Award system

Yeah.
It could make me see who commented 10 comments in 10 minutes saying literally nothing but: "cool...5/5".

It was kind of funny to see.
I even remember the username.
Should I post it...?

I made a screenshot of it back then as well.

hmmmm

nah

#3 16 Apr, 2014 8:14 am

I like the fact we don t have community feed a lot, yeah that was a really "cool" feature , but a litle bit on the "stalking" side i d say..
I think that now we ll really appreciate the drawings and not the person who leaves the most comments , etc , so this is making more room for art and not for talking ..
And as you can see my english is terrible and every time i leave a comment i feel kind of bad and for it , and i appreciate that 200 online and offline users will not see them in real time smile)
And about the question about the awards , they still are at the profile of the user(s) who get them .

Last edited by vis_in_vis (16 Apr, 2014 8:15 am)

#4 23 Apr, 2014 4:20 am

We have removed this feature as statistically barely anyone was using it. You should however be able to see all the awarded drawings by going to the navigation at the top of the site and select "Browse > Awarded Drawings". Unfortunately you can't tell which award the drawing received.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#5 26 Apr, 2014 10:47 am

I'm sad to see it removed sad I'm not that active anymore, but I still liked to check the community feed each day so see what everyone was up to. A shame others weren't using it.

Hakuna matata.

#6 10 May, 2014 7:58 pm

I miss it but learning to live without it. I I look at top draws of the day I can pretty much guess who is getting the awards for the day but any special awards arent recognized and no way to know about it unless you go the artists profile and look. Cant do that with 67000+ members. Maybe tere should be a competition that gives those awards? That way we can congratulate the winners without having to hunt so hard for them. An artist should be recognized when they get a unique award or most improved award and the like. The beauty of the feed was that they could be recognized for the accomplishments they've made.

Having the competition site offer awards and the occasional prise is incentive for people to draw who don't know what to draw. There has always been some masterpieces come out of those competitions that don't show up as often. IMHO....

Thank you for keeping us informed and giving a voice. Appreciated...
Nj

Board footer

137 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.