Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 29 May, 2014 6:22 am

Solution: Java security settings problems

Many of you have had problems running Java Draw on our site since Java have made some updates to make Java more strict and secure about what it allows users to run.

You can follow the steps listed under the workaround here:
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_blocked.xml

This video might do a good job of walking you through the steps needed too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDVFrFjWVw

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#2 21 Apr, 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Solution: Java security settings problems

I have done all of this... Made RMD part of my exception list and used both the site page and the draw page on the exception list.  Still no solution to the message java not supported on this site.... So now what?
Java says that this RMD is a great risk but I instruct continue anyway. Still not allowing me to get into the draw section or pull up saved draws via Java.
Thank you for your help .. .

#3 22 Apr, 2015 3:53 am

Check my drawing "Thundering Skies" Jan 27, 2015 and you find fallen.angels comment explaining how to fix the problem. It worked for me, I have apple computer. The security warning is just to check if the publisher is real, it is nothing to worry about, I have been accepting the risk and running it all this time.
I checked with my local apple store, where i bought my computer.
TYTTO

#4 22 Apr, 2015 8:45 am

Cut and pasted all on your thunder draw Tytto and its not working. Still says that the Java is not supported. I have RMD on the exception list but it still wont work .

#5 23 Apr, 2015 4:49 pm

Nothing is working to get java... RMD needs to do the update Im told by Java... Canvas draw is just no fun and so lacking after java... I hope this is addressed and resolved soon... THank you

#6 27 Apr, 2015 11:11 pm

Java is not working sad

I look up at the sky and the clouds, and beyond.

#7 14 May, 2015 3:14 pm

try to use Firefox!

Board footer

99 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.