Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 16 Jun, 2014 5:21 pm

When i submitted my drawing, only the bottom layer showed up

I drew a drawing using 5 layers.  I saved it to my computer as a png and it saved fine.  But when i submitted it to here, it only submitted the bottom layer. The image is how it submitted.

and this link shows what it should have looked like
http://vvcap.net/db/POqvOocxL1TzQFRIdH3c.htp

It's only my second drawing on this site.  I worked hours on it.  And nobody will get to see it sad

#2 29 Jun, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: When i submitted my drawing, only the bottom layer showed up

Quite the mystery...perhaps u needed to merge the layers?

..And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell,
"Just another soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."

#3 30 Jun, 2014 9:08 am

In CanvasDraw, make sure all layers are set to visible when you save it to the website (the little eye icon next to each layer) or these won't show when you submit.

It's also a good idea to save to your computer first just so you have a backup and can submit again if there are problems.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#4 30 Jun, 2014 2:59 pm

all the layers were visible.  I am guessing it was because I needed to merge the layers.  it would be nice if they gave you a warning that only the bottom layer will submit if they aren't merged, especially for new users.

Board footer

135 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.