Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 31 Jul, 2014 10:12 pm

RANKING

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ … 54506.html  Even this artist recognizes she is not in accord with how its been explained artists get ranked...  CAn anyone explain why someone who does one draw in over a year gets to be in the top 5 and others struggle to keep their position but have faithfully supported RMD over the years with participation and cant even break into the top 20? How can a member be the top in categories and yet post no recent draws in that category? I just dont understand this. Also what are the rules to awards? That also has turned in to a contest of favoritism and neglect of those not popular. I'd really like to understand this. It makes no logical sense to me in light of just overhauling the ranking system. Thank you

#2 08 Nov, 2014 3:20 am

Re: RANKING

Why bother with a new ranking system if artists who have left for months or even years or drawn one quick draw months ago can come in and with that reclaim their top status? Its not fair to the loyal artists who have worked so hard with 100s of submissions to creep up a little bit only to be knocked back down by someone popular who has NOT earned their top positions. Why bother with a new ranking if you're gonna cheat that way? The rest of us have had to earn our positions by loyally staying and participating. Once some one has been gone as long as many in the top positions have, they should not be allowed to use their previous status as a spring board to the top of the new ranking.  They have their positions in the all time ranking.  One draw for anyone else would NOT raise them to the top 20 little alone the top 100. They should be starting over because of their non participation Wasn't that the purpose of the new ranking? To make it fair to those who have been loyal. Instead we just have a repeat of the past. Even in the new ranking rules it gives a 90 day mark but its not enforced. So I guess  nothing will change here. The award system is as corrupt as the ranking system.    RMD Get some integrity!

#3 20 Feb, 2017 1:32 pm

you know what ..i read this post many times ..every time is just as bad , this is what makes people wanna leave . not everyone here cares about ranking , i just want to draw and be invisible if it s possible , if i do comment a lot is cause i want people to know someone sees their drawings , is not about popularity how you said many times .
in case you don t know the ranking is always the same ..you can check it at "all time top" , the only thing that top rank does is that you can see the the active people only .
is not like..artist x evilly laugh and says..i ll go get  my rank back mwahah.. nope..is just that people remember that they love to draw and do it..don t judge what cause is nobody job to do that .

#4 20 Feb, 2017 2:38 pm

and just another personal opinion but i 'd rather have the opportunity to learn from someone s drawings that are well made , i don t care if the artist posts 1/year or is back after 5 years  . the fact that he/she draws and i have the chance to learn or at least know that drawings like that are possible is more important  than the fact that someone is "loyal" and makes 1000 or the same drawings .
just from the perspective that i can gain something from ..but quality over quantity is a concept that you ignore in the posts.
and i m not discriminating  in any way . i am all for drawing just for fun or for any reason  , but when someone starts to claim that deserve stuff on an free site..that we should be thankful it exist..

#5 21 Feb, 2017 4:27 am

I agree with Vis. I think we should leave this sort of debate in the past. With few people here these days its not very encouraging to see this sort of negativity. I dont want the top artists to be remove from their place cause they are no longer active. We should showcase the best artwork and artists on here, to make others to want to aspire to be better smile i dont see how this would  dishearten active members from continuing to draw and be passionate about rmd. Its like the people who left the site because they didnt get as much comments and ratings as they once did. Does it really matter? The sites free and the tools are awesome.
Happy drawing! smile

Last edited by sweetlove15 (21 Feb, 2017 4:28 am)

Hakuna matata.

#6 21 Feb, 2017 7:13 am

yes , i don t think that someone should be judge based of personal life and lack of time to be active here , i feel really lucky when someone like sweetlove15 is back and i can actually learn a lot from her , and yes this is quite a negative post ..my answer too ,, so probably should be deleted maybe .
is no need to negativity in this awesome place that is RMD

Board footer

308 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.