Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 04 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Daily awards to OLD drawings

I can appreciate special awards giving to old drawings but WHY are the daily awards being given to them where there are viable drawings from that day to give the daily awards to? Today the most commented award was given to a draw from 2008 from an artist who hasnt drawn here in years.... this is a problem because it breaks the integrity of the moderators and causes discontent and abandonment from artists here. Its not fair to the artists who are loyal adn still work hard to improve their skills and deserve the recognition. Giving the daily awards to draws that old will be another nail in RMDs coffin.  IMHO...

#2 05 Mar, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: Daily awards to OLD drawings

Why is it that artists who have not drawn one single drawing since 2014 re taking back top rankings? Its not fair to others and they should have to earn their spot like everyone else. What s the point of new ranking if others cant get up the list anyway? its really cheating. .. .   This is the kind of thing that is killing off RMD...IMHO   Lets be fair moderators . The rule is if no drawing in 90 days you lose your rank. Once your off the list there should be a 10 day gravce period and then thats it...Have to start over...

#3 07 Mar, 2017 7:43 am

This is NOT right...ANOTHER old drawing got the most Favorited award again today. They can get any award the moderators want to give but to cheat an artist out of an award for TODAYS drawings is NOT right!  This needs to stop. RMD SHOW SOME INTEGRITY!  Stop with the favortism and giving awards that are undeserved. There are plenty of OTHER awards to give...USE THOSE for drawings not done TODAY!

#4 08 Mar, 2017 12:11 am

Well I guess the moderators are hoping to encourage these wonderful old artists to come back by giving the awards. When these drawings were done the activity and competition was very high and few would have been awarded. These days a drawing can get an award with very few likes, favs or comments. Unfortunately this allows some artists to win daily awards by adding multiple comments to their own drawings and permitting several accounts from the same IP address to fave and comment. This may be considered cheating too and devalues the meaning of the awards.

#5 09 Mar, 2017 5:28 am

I'm not sure I understand what you're upset about. There isn't as many people who rate/comment/favourite drawings anymore. So sometimes the daily awards will go to an old drawing if that was the only drawing that was rated, commented or favourited that day.
It's an automated system too so there isn't any moderators showing favouritism.

Hakuna matata.

#6 09 Mar, 2017 10:07 am

is just like starfighter and sweetlove15 said .
the daily awards are not given by mods and is an automated system .
i think they are really nice in their answers .
but i m really over this .
can you please stop all this negativity for once ?  you turn this place that should be for fun only and for doing what we like in a pleasant atmosphere and turn it in a stressful thing.
nobody cares about awards and ranks ! is just a thing influenced by numbers not by real quality and the reason for this is cause some people sometimes are going to write 10 comments from their others accounts that pretend they are family and friends and then say thank you another 10 times at least . sounds familiar ?
if you want more awards why don t you continue to give them to yourself like here ?
http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ … 55054.html
i don t get it how are you asking other people ( moderators) to be fair when you do things like that .
anyway you do what you want i m not here to judge, just to say i start trying to find other drawing places just to stay away from this annoying drama , but i really like RMD and i don t really want to leave.
i wish i could just ignore like others does ..but i dislike when people think that putting down others will bring them up . so i think you should not even be featured if you leave yourself comments like that :
Yourthebest  Jan 06, 2017  Reply
You continue to show incredible skill and maturity as an artist. Your work is so far above the others on this site who have no real original thinking. Thank you Nj it's always a joy to see your work!

yourhonor  Apr 03, 2016  Reply
This is incredibly beautiful like all the rest of your work. You have a wonderful eye for color and texture. Your work is so much more advanced than others on this site. Thank you NJ! Your work is a joy to see!

and they are many more but i don t have time to look up for them.
and i saw you accusing many people by cheating just cause they really work for their drawings..this is quite negative too.

just let this place stay fun and peaceful? is really no need to be mean with others from other accounts and naming them "friends" on your normal account

Last edited by vis_in_vis (09 Mar, 2017 10:09 am)

#7 09 Mar, 2017 4:17 pm

This site can't afford to lose people like Vis, who is not only a great artist, but kind and encouraging to those of all abilities. Let's all play fair and just enjoy drawing, learning and appreciating the work of others! smile

#8 09 Mar, 2017 6:51 pm

thanks but nobody should ever feel bad or guilty for existing and creating in a place , nobody should ever go, not only me .
  If i tend to be quite aggressive with my posts is cause i know many people are really nice and they will never said things that could hurt . And many leave cause they are usually the types that rather go than create any problems.
and the funny thing is that is enough space for everyone,  and humans are capable of anything , they are not so limited creatures like some pretend just to keep them in control.
so i m all for getting better , be number 1 if you can , but don t do it by limiting others and inventing rules that will stop them to draw here or to come back , just really get better , simple as that .

Board footer

291 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.