Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 05 Sep, 2008 5:07 pm

Java Drawing tool - load/save issues

For users having problems saving and loading with the java tool, can you please try the following and let us know if it helps you (windows users)...

1 - If you use internet explorer go to tools, then internet options
or   If you use firefox, go to your windows control panel, then select internet options

2 - security tab > click "custom level", scroll down to scribpting, and where it says "scripting of java applets" select "Enable".

3 - click OK, then restart browser.

If you were having problems, please let us know after you try this if it helps. Some users have reported that it does help.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#2 06 Sep, 2008 12:52 pm

Re: Java Drawing tool - load/save issues

HI mick, at first my problem was to save ,now i can save in my computer but than, i can't open the file whith  chi numbers.Maybe my computer need a specific program to open this kine of CHI file?
thanks SILVIA

#3 06 Sep, 2008 1:41 pm

the message said "your drawing was succesfully loaded.one moment.........."
i I been waiting 10 minutes ,but nothing happens

#4 07 Sep, 2008 7:11 pm

I'm having a problem. When I try to load a CHI file, the canvas is just blank after it says it has loaded :[

So I tried what you mentioned might help in your post and found out that "scripting of java applets" was already enabled.

Do you know if there is something else I should try or enable / disable?

Thanks for all your help!

Edit: I thought I would just let you and anyone else know that I updated my Java and it still didn't work.

Last edited by xxemokid4everxx (07 Sep, 2008 9:06 pm)

#5 08 Sep, 2008 1:38 am

I had the same problem.
It turned out to be a security issue.
First check your firewall if you have one.
If you have any type of security software (or tool bar that has any security) check to make sure the application is not being blocked.

Here are a few things you can try if you are using IE.
( I use version 7) The following may be the same on earlier versions.
if you are using IE.

1-  Go to the "Tools" tab at the top of your browesr.
2. Click on the "Security" tab.
3. Click on the "Trusted Sites" icon.
    a. click on the "sites" button.
     b. type in http://www.ratemydrawings.com
     c. make sure the "requires authentication box us unchecked.
     d. Click "close" (that window will close)

NEXT:

4.  Click on the "Internet" icon.
    a.    Click on the "Custom Level" button.
     b.   In the box, scroll down through the menu until you find
           "Microsoft  JV,  and or "Java permissions"
     c.    put a check in the "Medium" spot.
           (if there java is disabled, check the "enable box") and then follow
            the instructions above.
     d.   Click  "ok".  Click "ok" again.

That should help.
If it doesn't then check any and all security software on your PC.

Important:   Do NOT change any other settings, unless you know what you are doing.  Changing things, depending on what they are,  can really mess up your computer.

I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!
The most beautiful things in life,
Can not be seen, they must be felt with the Heart.
Helen Keller

#6 09 Sep, 2008 6:16 pm

When you upload a file it usually asks you if you want to navigate away from the page. If you do not select "Ok" it leaves you with a blank canvas and the "your drawing was succesfully loaded.one moment.........." message.

Remember to click "Ok".

Mick - is there anyway this can be amended?

Everything you can imagine is real.
~ Picasso

#7 10 Sep, 2008 8:31 pm

THANKS STORMFANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now,i can save for later my java drawings and load

#8 11 Sep, 2008 1:13 am

Yeah. I have a Mac computer and so I don't know what to do. It won't load. When I hit upload it never loads. I REALLY WANT TO GET IT TO LOAD! D:

愚かな過ち愚かな質問がましだ。~Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes~

#9 11 Sep, 2008 10:39 am

Hi Every-one, I have tried every suggestion on this page of posts mick's & stormy's... None of them help sad.... And I know I have access to java as I tested for it. I am @ my wits end as to know WHAT TO DO NEXT... I sat up tuesday night for hours trying to see what I had done wrong... it appears I hav'nt done any-thing wrong smile I hope this is not a question of when RMD decide which TOOL to go with... that we ( many people cannot access this tool)  cannot use it or Rmd @ all... Sounds FUNNY believe me it is NOT when you can't access this tool!! I feel so frustrated that I don't want to draw much.. I do however appreciate what RMD has done for us in the past.

Glynn90****

" I Think therefore I Am"     I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!

#10 11 Sep, 2008 11:42 am

glynn90 wrote:

Hi Every-one, I have tried every suggestion on this page of posts mick's & stormy's... None of them help sad.... And I know I have access to java as I tested for it. I am @ my wits end as to know WHAT TO DO NEXT... I sat up tuesday night for hours trying to see what I had done wrong... it appears I hav'nt done any-thing wrong smile I hope this is not a question of when RMD decide which TOOL to go with... that we ( many people cannot access this tool)  cannot use it or Rmd @ all... Sounds FUNNY believe me it is NOT when you can't access this tool!! I feel so frustrated that I don't want to draw much.. I do however appreciate what RMD has done for us in the past.

Don't worry glynn - they are not getting rid of the original RMD tool, the java tool will be an additional tool. It is still beta version at the mo too, so hopefully a lot of issues people are having can/will be resolved.

Everything you can imagine is real.
~ Picasso

#11 11 Sep, 2008 4:49 pm

Glynn when you tested for java did it say you had version 1.5 or later? If you are willing to do so, you can try downloading the latest version just to see if it helps.  http://www.java.com/

P.s. Be sure you're not confusing "java" with "javascript" - they're two very different things.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#12 14 Sep, 2008 1:03 am

smile Hi Mick, I do have java loaded &  I loaded it 2 days ago... so what now wink

Glynn90****

" I Think therefore I Am"     I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!

#13 14 Sep, 2008 1:06 am

Thanks Moogly.. for your help also, I think we ALL appreciate it smile

Glynn90****

#14 15 Sep, 2008 1:11 am

Issue 1 (A bit more major, but easily avoidable)
I just finished a picture but had to redo about 4 hours worth of it XD I think there is a slight 'bug' that crashes Firefox (I don't use I.E so I don't know if it will crash that.) If you save a file to your computer but forget to click the download file button then try to save the file again some time later, Firefox has a good chance of crashing. And even if it says it did save the file you won't find it. hmm

So remember to click the button up top before trying to save again yikes

Issue 2 (Minor)
I uploaded my finished picture with the Java tool, but for some reason when I went to view it, what it had loaded as a previous version that I had saved to the PC, I had saved another more recent one so it didn't matter, what was more odd though was where my picture ended up on the Recent Lists. It was about a page off the most recent when I posted it a second ago.

So I think sometimes the tool gets confused and sends your picture off somehow and when you type in the description/title it slots the artwork into the list. Best to save work to PC just before you upload and merge layers so if the picture the Java loads isn't the one you finished, you can upload again ^^v

I've made up my mind! Now I must decide what I made up my mind about.  T_T

#15 06 Oct, 2008 4:30 am

Well, it was already on that...

:\

Signed,

An1m3 / Raven ~~ <333

#16 06 Oct, 2008 4:32 am

Kita-san wrote:

Yeah. I have a Mac computer and so I don't know what to do. It won't load. When I hit upload it never loads. I REALLY WANT TO GET IT TO LOAD! D:

I feel your pain...

Signed,

An1m3 / Raven ~~ <333

#17 01 Nov, 2008 8:26 am

my problem is... the create my drawing won't work!!!! when i go into it... the loading sigh either freezes at 70% and high, or won't show up at all!!!! so i can't create a drawing!! a few days ago it's still working... but now it's going silly again!!! what do i do?! i tried everything!!  this is sad

and i AM REALLY mad!!!!!

please help me!!

Be yourself! Cause everybody else has been taken.

#18 02 Nov, 2008 6:27 pm

i have a mac and when i upload my drawing in the new ratemydrawings program it comes up blank. I am also using firefox. what should i do?

#19 26 Jul, 2009 7:31 am

yh mine is just blank when i click "LOAD",,,,,,,,nothing appears to open

"Age is just a number, not how much u know."

#20 30 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm

I can get to my saved older drawings and after I've done as much as I want to do to it I can't save it due to the fact that the bar never shows up to load onto to send it to my computer. I hadn't had any problems before til this past weekend or Monday as it where. Nothing pops up to load to anywhere and that means to my computer or to the web site. You think it's Firefox's firewall? I use a PC with Windows xp. Hmmmm. I too get upset when I've done hours of coloring from a saved drawing to my computer and update it by day or add a number to it if I'm coming back to work on it on the same day. None of the drawings I've been updating color to is ever getting saved to anywhere and no, there's no bar to see the ID in anymore to do it. Nothing. I'm upset too. Firefox you say, could it be something else? I'm using Java as well.

Last edited by Erupto (30 Jul, 2009 4:18 pm)

Board footer

103 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.