Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#21 13 Sep, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Java Drawing tool - load/save issues

I have spent almost a week on this drawing, I have saved and loaded it a few times successfuly , but now I can't . I upload the drawing , it says your drawing was succesfully loaded, when it goes to the next page the canvas is blank. when this happend for the first time in Firefox i tried to load the file in Opera browser and it loaded it successfuly but after I saved it again to my computer, then None of the browsers loaded it.please help me , I've put much effort on this.T_T

My English sucks,I know. sad

#22 13 Sep, 2009 5:24 pm

In the Java Tool.

When you save a drawing. It is saved. It is on your computer.

When you try to load it, you can't find it. This has happened to me many times.

What can you do to fix it?

1st: Remember what folder and what you had named it.

2nd: Browse for your file in that location.

3rd: Begin to type in the name of your file. It should appear as a suggestion below what you are typing. Click on it... hit open. And it will Open.

OR

1: Go to the Folder where you downloaded it. Like click on "Documents" and browse just using your computer.

2: Your file should be there. Right click on it, and select "Properties"

3: Copy the "Location"
(C:\Documents and Settings...My Documents\My Pictures)
Make sure you click and drag it to the end. It is a long name.

4: Go to "Load a Saved Drawing" In the Java Tool.

5:
Click Browse and Paste the File Location Info into the text entry window thing.(technical jargon lol)

6: At the end of the File Location Info (...My Documents\My Pictures) Type in your drawing's name. so it looks like this

C:\Documents and Settings...My Documents\My Pictures\MyDrawing
7: Click Open and Upload.

Done! big_smile

Last edited by ChaosK9 (13 Sep, 2009 5:25 pm)

I just picked the lock of the door to your mind -- It's pretty spacious in there.

#23 21 Sep, 2009 4:18 pm

I've finished that drawing and now I have a new problem with another one,It's a vertical fantasy drawing, when I load it I get a horizontal blank canvas! I've done anything you've said about solving this, cleared the history and cookies of  the browser and java caches! can this be because of low speed internet connection?
please help! sad

will someone try to load this file ? I want to find the problem is with saving or loading.  thanks:
http://secretspy.persiangig.com/other/9 … 471935.chi

----------------
ok, some people tried (thanks to them) and it didn't work, I tried saving and loading another drawing and the same thing happened , I can't believe I can't draw anymore!

Last edited by NARGES (25 Sep, 2009 4:58 pm)

#24 02 Oct, 2009 10:13 pm

well all I did was change from internet explorer to fire fox and I can save now so I hope nothing else happense.

#25 08 Nov, 2009 6:05 pm

Hiya!
When i load my drawing says: IO error with (the name of my drawing here).chi   D: and notting happens, what i can do? )):

♫Mi corazon
yo no te reconocere ♫

#26 09 Nov, 2009 2:55 am

parora-chan wrote:

Hiya!
When i load my drawing says: IO error with (the name of my drawing here).chi   D: and notting happens, what i can do? )):

I have heard of mac users getting this issue. If you can, try use a different computer (non-mac) and see if you can load the file when using that computer. This will help you determing if the file itself is corrupt or if it is a mac issue or an issue with how your computer is setup somehow.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#27 25 Dec, 2009 11:19 pm

mick wrote:

For users having problems saving and loading with the java tool, can you please try the following and let us know if it helps you (windows users)...

1 - If you use internet explorer go to tools, then internet options
or   If you use firefox, go to your windows control panel, then select internet options

2 - security tab > click "custom level", scroll down to scribpting, and where it says "scripting of java applets" select "Enable".

3 - click OK, then restart browser.

If you were having problems, please let us know after you try this if it helps. Some users have reported that it does help.

But it doesn't work!! TT3TT

#28 03 Feb, 2010 5:40 pm

a new problem has happened ,I can't load save drawings,when I click on load saved drawings, this is what I get:
http://img.graphicno.com/files/il3g5swebqitwttarzy7.jpg

Last edited by NARGES (03 Feb, 2010 5:41 pm)

#29 04 Feb, 2010 8:04 am

Omg Thats What Happened To Me When I Tried To Load Collab Drawings.
I Loaded It..
When It Got To That..
It Just Went Blank.. But Probably.. Havent Saved It Right Or Something But I Dunno. >.>

#30 04 Feb, 2010 10:11 am

I found that the loading part uses flash, and mine was blocked by my ISP, so when I used a proxy it worked, for both saving and loading a drawing I have to use a proxy!

#31 06 Feb, 2010 2:21 am

Hi
I'm having major problems, similar to eruptos
I have a very slow and limited internet (dial-up), and also a slow computer, though I dont have Firefox. I installed the newest Java before christmas.
When the drawing actually loads it's usually fine
but when i try to save it it wont do anything. It will download to 100%, but then it stops doing anything.
I wait as long as I can, but eventually i have to get off and lose everything I drew in that session. That's why I dont have very many drawings.
I am geting quite frusturated with it

#32 24 Feb, 2010 3:32 am

Today I had a problem trying to save my draw to my computer and nothing happened.When i clicked on the save to computer again,again nothing happened and it froze the draw.I could not move it,zoom in or out or draw on it yet I could scroll up and down the page.I tried to save to the website and I had the same problem.I had spent about four hours on this draw and decided to just abort it.This is the first time this has happened to me and nothing has been changed on my computer.I'm not sure what is wrong.The computer I was using has Windows XP.

Last edited by Diona Davis (24 Feb, 2010 12:20 pm)

Art is my passion.

#33 10 Mar, 2010 5:43 pm

i followed all the intruction above but it till doesnt opens.....plZZ help me quickly cause what i'm doing is related to my school coursework and i need to had it in before 15th of march

#34 28 Apr, 2010 4:44 am

I saved a drawing onto my computer tonight and for some reason it saved as an unknown file. And now I can't get it to load. I use Firefox and Java but I've never had this problem before. Am I screwed?

#35 28 Apr, 2010 5:53 pm

MeggyLee wrote:

I saved a drawing onto my computer tonight and for some reason it saved as an unknown file. And now I can't get it to load. I use Firefox and Java but I've never had this problem before. Am I screwed?

You should always add .chi to the end of the file when saving. If you forget to do this, go to the file on your computer and re-name it with .chi at the end.

Everything you can imagine is real.
~ Picasso

#36 05 May, 2010 10:04 pm

so i have been getting that IO error since March and haven't been able to load the .CHI saved on my computer. Some of them are ones i saved, and some are from other people, they both won't load. Also, i've tried making it an accepted site (security), enable java scripting, increase Java memory, and everything else people have suggested. Also, i've tried every day and it comes up with the same error for every single .CHI file. I work on an HP, not a mac...
If anyone has found a solution, can you tell me? I am at my wit's end!!
thanks,
Shika

#37 29 Nov, 2010 1:06 pm

I saved my drawing last night and added the .chi end as usually. But now I cant load it anymore. I'm using the laptop I always work with (not a mac) but instead "[filename].chiHTTP error: with [filename].chi:er..." appears... what did I do wrong? help sad

(\,,/)
(=' :')
(,(")(")

#38 29 Nov, 2010 1:21 pm

rina12 wrote:

I saved my drawing last night and added the .chi end as usually. But now I cant load it anymore. I'm using the laptop I always work with (not a mac) but instead "[filename].chiHTTP error: with [filename].chi:er..." appears... what did I do wrong? help sad

I'm having the same problem too D:

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..." Romans 1:16 big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfUzodLRvk <= awesome vid =w=

#39 29 Nov, 2010 4:45 pm

blackbutler wrote:

rina12 wrote:

I'm having the same problem too D:

This issue should be corrected now. Apologies for the temporary glitch.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#40 29 Nov, 2010 5:18 pm

aah thanks a lot mick!!! it works fine now smile awwww... hehe now I'm going to draw trough the whole night tongue

(\,,/)
(=' :')
(,(")(")

Board footer

190 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.