Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#21 05 May, 2009 1:15 am

Re: Seriously, tighten up

the main idea was to get more mods online, or recruit more mods. Im not as active on RMD because of the lack of administration/moderators.

Not really a huge fan of the user moderator idea, it would be a little helpful, but still would have the potential to be very annoying. Recruit more mods plox.

Last edited by RivenChronic (05 May, 2009 1:19 am)

#22 05 May, 2009 3:03 am

Thanks Riven, your point was heard and we will keep in in mind. smile

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#23 05 May, 2009 3:04 am

Thank you :]

#24 24 Aug, 2009 12:29 am

-bump-

still way too many scribblers, really **** me off =.=;;

#25 24 Aug, 2009 12:51 am

i know, thats why i dont go an drawchat much, cause when i do, my drqaws always get scribbled on. mick we need more mods.

Hakuna matata.

#26 24 Aug, 2009 12:52 am

<_< like right NOW

#27 24 Aug, 2009 3:05 am

I agree with you 10000%.

And more mods on the swearing thing.

What exactly constitutes as scribbling? Random lines, words, or even tiny doodles?

Plus, I know that if you report someone, a mod is supposed to keep an eye on them. That doesn't work. I've reported so many scribblers/swearers and mods don't do anything. Also, if someone swears (or uses different spelling to get around it) and leaves the mods should be keeping watch to report them even if they completely left the room.

If you are caught scribbling/swearing, shouldn't your DrawChat access go away?

Last edited by shaden-creamsoda (24 Aug, 2009 3:07 am)

#28 24 Aug, 2009 5:30 am

why even bother reporting? nothing is ever done about it hmm

Hakuna matata.

#29 24 Aug, 2009 5:36 pm

I agree!

#30 24 Aug, 2009 10:17 pm

It's best to create a password protected room and invite your friends. That way there is no chance of unwanted peeps.

shaden-creamsoda wrote:

What exactly constitutes as scribbling? Random lines, words, or even tiny doodles?

Scribbling refers to anything drawn over someone elses drawing without their permission.

Everything you can imagine is real.
~ Picasso

#31 24 Aug, 2009 11:20 pm

Moogley, as you know, most people like to hang around in the lounge, and not all of my friends want to come to *my* room. Its not friggen best to create a password protected room, as most of my friends dont even know each other

#32 25 Aug, 2009 12:59 am

Thank you, Moogley. Do random scribbles also count? Not over other people's drawings, but still just random lines that perhaps take up the whole canvas?

McFizzl, I'm pretty sure she wasn't aiming that at you directly. In fact, how would she aim it at you if you haven't posted at all in this forum topic yet? Moogley was only trying to add to the conversation and help others. I find her suggestion helpful and when I do go into private rooms, I find she is right.

If her suggestion doesn't work for you, you could simply say this: "I usually only hang out in the Lounge, because I don't have that many friends who know each other." To that I would say, "Maybe you could create your own room labeled 'mcfizzl' so 1. people know who created the room and 2. you're less likely to be drawn over because it's not one of the default rooms and usually only artists who are into drawing on DrawChat will go looking in other rooms."

~Shaden

#33 25 Aug, 2009 4:30 am

>_> apparently i posted on my wrong account lolololol.

And to what you said, my friends wouldnt come to that room, as most of them hang out in default rooms.

#34 25 Aug, 2009 6:48 am

Sorry if my suggestion wasn't helpful, but I usually go in the expert room and never have a problem. You can't draw seriously in the lounge, there are just too many random people. The lounge is just for doodling.

Everything you can imagine is real.
~ Picasso

#35 25 Aug, 2009 9:32 am

The lounge is the doorway to DrawChat - everyone that enters drawchat lands in the lounge, so if a good portion of regular members start using other rooms for more serious draws it should remove a little of the traffic of random people jumping in and starting to scribble. It isn't a solution however and there are thoughts around helping the moderation issue that I hope to start working on soon along with investigating ways to improve performance/lag.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#36 26 Aug, 2009 8:06 am

//I hope to start working on soon along with investigating ways to improve performance/lag.//

Uhm, hope to start working soon? Its kindof, a really big issue, and other members wont change, I mean, you could do something like implement a report button that when youre reported by 'x' number of people, they get kicked out of drawchat - possibly for a time limit (15 min)-. <- this would cut down on vulgar language as well. I know some people that would make really good moderators, the people are out there, and willing.

.end :S

#37 10 Sep, 2009 10:26 pm

I find in my case that I get more vengeful scribblers than the room hopping "LOL" frogs. I draw with a mouse so I work at things slowly. On many occasions someone will join and wait.... and watch... then wipe my work out and leave. I can't say anything along the lines of reporting the culprits is worthless, because each time it's a new retard.

At least they leave as soon as they scribble because they know they're idiots and are scared of someone being quick enough to report them. I'm more annoyed at the young people coming into an already established project in drawchat, by various people, and drawing over bits and pieces without bothering to converse as to how to contribute decently.

As such, a Kick option would definitely be helpful in rooms created by users. The creator of the room having the power to kick, and on the event of their leaving, the function is available to the next primary user. 

Blah blah blah, in short, it sucks for those of use who take time spent creating something seriously.

"I put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process." - Vincent Van Gogh

#38 11 Sep, 2009 6:31 am

LilCobra wrote:

I find in my case that I get more vengeful scribblers than the room hopping "LOL" frogs. I draw with a mouse so I work at things slowly. On many occasions someone will join and wait.... and watch... then wipe my work out and leave. I can't say anything along the lines of reporting the culprits is worthless, because each time it's a new retard.

At least they leave as soon as they scribble because they know they're idiots and are scared of someone being quick enough to report them. I'm more annoyed at the young people coming into an already established project in drawchat, by various people, and drawing over bits and pieces without bothering to converse as to how to contribute decently.

As such, a Kick option would definitely be helpful in rooms created by users. The creator of the room having the power to kick, and on the event of their leaving, the function is available to the next primary user. 

Blah blah blah, in short, it sucks for those of use who take time spent creating something seriously.

I think everything Mick bases his decisions on are what the community wants, and right now, drawchat isn't the biggest issue.  Of course it is an issue, but he has already implemented so much to prevent scribblers from going to the higher ranked rooms, as well as making password rooms.  I do not mean to downplay your complaints, but let us face it, he has pretty much made it hard for scribblers to go in all the rooms. 
  Of course I would love if he did indeed allow us to kick others from our rooms, or even give us a consensus ban, but right now, that just isn't what can be done right now. More mods would be great too, but if they are good mods, we should not even know they are doing their job.  A good mod makes you question whether they are there or not.  Now...that drawchat gallery, that is another story entirely.  Someone needs to have their eyes checked.  Seriously.

Board footer

154 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.