Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 11 Dec, 2009 11:14 am

The 2009 Artist Awards are here!

As RateMyDrawings grows each year there is one factor that is more important than any other - our members. Without all the great artists that contribute to our community and the amazing talent that we see every day, RMD would be an empty canvas. I am very excited to have the opportunity to thank some of our biggest contributors by giving something back to you.

I am proud to announce our 2009 Artist Awards. We honor and thank 5 amazing artists for their contributions to our community.

This is the first year of our Artist Awards. At the end of each year, we will be selecting individual members who have contributed to our community in a way that stands out and makes them a valuable member to so many others in our community. These individuals have shown either some type of skill, unique talent, or contributed in a way that betters our community.

I went back and forth a long time to decide the best way to choose winners, and really think the fairest way is for these awards to be judged like a traditional art award - with a judge. I will be personally choosing 4 out of the 5 winners, with the 5th winner being a People's Choice award voted by the community. I am very excited about judging, even though it is quite daunting. I have been thinking about these awards for about a month now, and am confident about how to pick winners and although artistic skill does help an artist stand out, I will also be looking at qualities that show an artist has contributed to our community in a way that stands out from others.

At the end of the year, I want to thank you all and hope that you can all sit back and look at our community and all thank one another for how much you all contribute to the most exciting drawing community on the web.

Read more about the awards...
http://www.ratemydrawings.com/pages/200 … awards.php

Happy Drawing to everyone for 2010!

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#2 10 Jan, 2010 3:46 am

Re: The 2009 Artist Awards are here!

I am proud to announce that the winners of the 2009 Artist Awards have been posted here:
http://www.ratemydrawings.com/pages/art … f-fame.php

I want to once again thank every member of our community for an amazing year in 2009. Judging was extremely difficult and took several rounds of decision making to come up with the final winners. I am however confident that the winners are nothing less than deserving and I only wish we could offer more prizes to so many more of our members who are also deserving.

It is not our goal to encourage our members to focus on the competitive aspects of RateMyDrawings, but it is important that we do something special to thank those of you who have contributed to our community in special ways. These awards will hopefully continue for many many years to come.

The winners will be contact via email and via their private messages with more details on claiming their prizes. Once we contact you, we will begin the process of organizing your prize which may take some time since it involves us coordinating with you which drawings you wish to appear on your canvas and additional time to produce and deliver the prizes. We will do our best to make this entire process as quick as possible. I cannot thank all the winners enough for being such a big part of our community.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

Board footer

148 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.