Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 14 Feb, 2010 3:48 pm

Cant save drawings (download cancelled) - SOLUTION

UALDHDLAHFD D8 im sooo upset! my dad uploaded windows 7 on my new laptop and put mcafee on it to.

Well, i went to save a lineart that took around 4 hours to draw, and as soon as i pressed "download file" it automatically said "download cancled" in the red letters. I ended up having to delete it.

Well, my old computer has an older version of windows and  the same exact mcafee on it, and i can still draw on it and save on it. I know its something to do with the Windows 7, but do you have any idea how i can fix / get it to save my drawing? any help is appreciated.. T_T thanks.

#2 14 Feb, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Cant save drawings (download cancelled) - SOLUTION

;_;

#3 14 Feb, 2010 7:46 pm

I have made one small change that I don't think will help but please try and let me know.

Otherwise, please let me know the following and we can try investigate:
- Is this only the Java drawing tool?
- Which browser and browser version are you using?
- Which virus software are you using exactly, and does it include any firewall software that is also installed?
- Have you tried in another browser (if you have one installed) to see if it only happens in one browser?

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#4 14 Feb, 2010 10:58 pm

ok ill go try right now... and nope it still isnt working D8

-its the newest version of java, and...everything works fine, its just when i try to save it.

-latest internet explorer,

-McAfee for protection, im not entirely sure what is all set up with that, but im pretty sure its not that tho because i have it on my older computer and it works normal..

-uhhh, no, i dont have another browser. I could try safari though if i download Itunes.. I dont know what that would do to the computer though D:

I think it has something to do with Windows 7... It wont let me download the file. Is there a way i can turn that off or something? -stupid question-

Last edited by Lavenderdoodle (14 Feb, 2010 11:08 pm)

#5 15 Feb, 2010 5:32 pm

You could try disabling Windows Defender temporarily just to see if it is the issue.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind … -on-or-off

I would not recommend keeping this off unless you are confident with your Mcafee software being able to cover your for all your security needs.

Turn it back on after you try.
Let me know if works with Defender turned off and if it does I can give you one more thing to try.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#6 15 Feb, 2010 6:04 pm

ok i turned it off ( i was suprised how easy it was to do =w= ive never heard of windows defender) but when i tried to save it it said the same thing it had before. As soon as i pressed "Download File", the red "download ready" automatically said "Download cancled".

I turned defender back on.

#7 15 Feb, 2010 6:22 pm

i also disabled McAfee and tried it... it still wouldnt work =w=""

#8 15 Feb, 2010 6:42 pm

OMG I FIGURED IT OUTTTT!!!! (went on google and typed "why cant i save on windows 7??)

ok if anyone else has an issue with this, tell them they have to set the site as trusted in "Trusted Sites" tab, not "Local Intranet" or anything else. idk why they make this so complicated.

heres the link i used:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind … om-the-web

The directions are at the bottom. I didnt have to do this with any of the other windows problem. Windows 7 is way to protected.

Last edited by Lavenderdoodle (15 Feb, 2010 6:43 pm)

#9 16 Feb, 2010 5:12 am

I really appreciate you sharing the solution with everyone. I will make this topic "sticky" so others with the same issue can try this solution.

#10 16 Feb, 2010 11:39 am

hah ok! thanks for your help, I really appreciate it also big_smile

#11 07 Apr, 2010 1:38 pm

thanks! i was having this problem too!

#12 02 May, 2010 10:00 pm

I made it a trusted site, yet it still is not allowing me to upload....

#13 26 May, 2010 2:42 pm

hmm.... i saved my pic on flash tool but when i try to open again, they said there's nothing in it. so i tried downloading the file, but when i try to load it, it said error.

please help me.....

If a boy ask me to be his girlfriend, I'll rather go 4 Alphonse Elric instead... smile
So sorry about that, okay?

#14 27 May, 2010 11:32 pm

oh jeez did you save it as .rmd file? D=>

#15 29 May, 2010 2:36 pm

yes i did save as rmd file, but when i tried 2 load it they said error

If a boy ask me to be his girlfriend, I'll rather go 4 Alphonse Elric instead... smile
So sorry about that, okay?

#16 01 Jul, 2010 4:41 am

I got excited when I saw this post, but it's still not working after I tried doing that.  There's still an error.

#17 14 Jul, 2010 9:10 pm

i'm having a similar problem, but its letting me upload and download other drawings, just not this one specific one... read my topic plz? D:

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … 43#p444743

Who came up with hugs? The very first hug must have really been creepy.
"What're you doing.....why are you holding me?"
"Just....trust me on this one. "

#18 06 Aug, 2010 4:53 am

um..I just tried it,and it still isn't uploading my drawing..sad

Want to know a deep secret?.....*whisper* I haz cookies :3

#19 29 Apr, 2011 2:40 pm

i cant add the site it gives error

#20 29 Apr, 2011 2:58 pm

O M G!!at last i found the solution 4 this!
the solution is so simple...i just tried mozila and it saved and loaded the flash draw tool pics.im so happy☺wink

Board footer

166 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.