Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 18 Apr, 2010 2:19 am

Site issues Apr 17

I want to take a moment to apologize to everyone for the inconvenience of RMD being down for the past 12 hours. This has been the longest our site has had unplanned down-time that I can recall. Unfortunately, technology is not perfect and we had hardware issues in our server that was causing issues with the site. We had some amazing response and help from our server company in helping resolve the issue and as of right now things seem to be running smoothly.

We are however still monitoring the issue and will keep an eye on things over the next day or so to ensure everything is perfect.

There was no data loss or issues with anyone losing their much loved drawings or any information - that is something I am very proud of.

I have received some questions from people asking if RateMyDrawings is going away or having issues with funding. Even though we don't turn a big profit, we have no problems whatsoever keeping RMD up and running and having resources to keep improving and making our community even more awesome. We have no plans of going away and are still aiming to make RMD so much more in the future. Thank you everyone for always being such great supporters of RMD. As long as you are all passionate about RMD, I will be too.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

Board footer

118 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.