Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#41 21 Jul, 2010 6:35 pm

Re: Amazing Underrated Drawings

savorygerbils

mulero

Last edited by GhostDog58 (21 Jul, 2010 7:11 pm)

#42 21 Jul, 2010 8:00 pm

puppykat wrote:

How many ratings does/doesn't it need/have to get to be considered underrated? Just asking.

There is no "right" number, but I would say a really well done drawing that's still under 30 rates after a few days to a week would be an underrated drawing.  That's very arbitrary on my part, so I welcome anyone else's opinion on what they think underrated is.

#43 21 Jul, 2010 8:04 pm

By the way ... thank you everyone for putting the names of the artists next to the drawings.  It's making my job much easier. 

You guys are finding some great drawings ... keep them coming!  big_smile

#44 21 Jul, 2010 10:35 pm

furubaluver101 wrote:

fashine

Explosive

fashine

smile

Furu, I posted the drawings you gave links for and added the artists' names.  I hope that's OK.

Last edited by mingu (24 Jul, 2010 5:27 pm)

#45 21 Jul, 2010 11:51 pm

xXmadzXx recommended a couple drawings by this artist earlier, but I wanted to add this one.  It's beautifully done and such a powerful image:

saliya

Last edited by mingu (24 Jul, 2010 5:27 pm)

#46 22 Jul, 2010 12:56 am

Just a suggestion ... not a demand, but I wouldn't post a drawing that has only been submitted to the site within the past day or two.  I'd give it at least three days before suggesting it's underrated. 

Some drawings are just slow starters, but then they take off on their own and get a bunch of rates. wink

#47 22 Jul, 2010 1:18 am

This is an excellent artist whose drawings I think should get more attention.  These are just a few examples of her work that deserved more rates:

blumentopf

Last edited by mingu (24 Jul, 2010 5:28 pm)

#48 22 Jul, 2010 3:45 am

AngelicBetrayal

I think the thing is, all the details are so incredibly small that I don't think people take the time to look. It's really a surprise when you click, though.

I have long hair. People think I'm high, cause people associate long hair with drug use. I wish long hair was associated with something other than drugs. Something like...Cake! Then people would see a long-haired guy and say: "That guy eats cake!"

#49 22 Jul, 2010 4:10 am

I remember seeing the first one she did, Sub, and now there's even more pixel by pixel writing.  O.O 

All I've gotta say is:  I'm sorely impressed.

Thanks for sharing it!

#50 22 Jul, 2010 4:10 am

Sarah2508

sydhera

Beckrocks44

cimmaron

Graffyte

Last edited by leanlester (22 Jul, 2010 4:18 am)

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

#51 22 Jul, 2010 5:58 am

Bambam07077

Rrosie

Bumblepeach

HiroDaZero

Last edited by sweetlove15 (22 Jul, 2010 5:59 am)

Hakuna matata.

#52 22 Jul, 2010 3:25 pm

This is so cool big_smile I'm finding all sorts of amazing artists because of this forum.

I have another one:

Catiniata

I like her use of colors, plus her art makes me laugh big_smile

Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, life, love, faith and purity
1 Timothy 4:12

#53 22 Jul, 2010 4:23 pm

mingu wrote:

furubaluver101 wrote:

fashine

Explosive

fashine

smile

Furu, I posted the drawings you gave links for and added the artists' names.  I hope that's OK.

Thats fine, sorry I forgot to D:

#54 22 Jul, 2010 4:27 pm

ALL OF THE ABOVE CHOICES ARE WONDERFUL

we can see that these artist are really talented , but their rates really discourage them, and its not worth for the effort...i can see many drawings which are not that good are rated like anything...and some uses other websites to pop up their rates

and i am 100% against that...because that shows inequalities.

i must say some thing now......

the reason for underrated drawing...

the main factor that counts the rate is POPULARITY  ,
one must be popular, ie they must interact with people by rating commenting , must be active in forum, draw chats etc

and also one must not have any enemy ! becoz they turn into hate raters....

and Yeah!!!!
the main logic behind this is your drawing must become in "top drawings/ past 24hrs"......then it comes into top drawing past week...then to month....and in that page if your drawing is seen in 1st page sure...your drawing will score more than 100 rates....and so Popular...

TALENT IS NOT ALL THAT IS SEEN HERE.....  disappointing in some ways....

He who laughs last thinks slowest!  so start lafing!  smileneutralbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolrollcoolsmileneutralbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolrollcoolsmileneutralbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolrollcool

#55 22 Jul, 2010 4:56 pm

ajishkpai wrote:

one must be popular, ie they must interact with people by rating commenting , must be active in forum, draw chats etc

I agree with you completely about this, Aji.  I think it's a true weakness of the ratings system.  There are so many extremely talented artists here who don't get the ratings and higher rankings because they aren't as active on commenting, forum and DC.  Not everyone has the time or desire to spend hours doing the things that will get their names more noticed by the community and it's sad that their work often gets overlooked or underrated because of that.  It's also not always a good reflection of who the top artists are since rankings are affected by things unrelated to the actual art.

Hopefully, the system will keep improving over time with things like "Featured Artists" and forums like this that will get these artists' drawings exposed to more of the community.

#56 23 Jul, 2010 1:13 pm

BY SHIN8IX!
Her whole gallery is amazing! And she needs a whole lot more credit big_smile help me bring her back to RMD! (she's dislikes her drawings >< and she doesn't draw much anymore)....  ):

I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion!

#57 23 Jul, 2010 1:22 pm

mingu wrote:

puppykat wrote:

How many ratings does/doesn't it need/have to get to be considered underrated? Just asking.

There is no "right" number, but I would say a really well done drawing that's still under 30 rates after a few days to a week would be an underrated drawing.  That's very arbitrary on my part, so I welcome anyone else's opinion on what they think underrated is.

yeah i agree with the under 30 rates thing

ajishkpai wrote:

ALL OF THE ABOVE CHOICES ARE WONDERFUL

we can see that these artist are really talented , but their rates really discourage them, and its not worth for the effort...i can see many drawings which are not that good are rated like anything...and some uses other websites to pop up their rates

and i am 100% against that...because that shows inequalities.

and Yeah!!!!
the main logic behind this is your drawing must become in "top drawings/ past 24hrs"......then it comes into top drawing past week...then to month....and in that page if your drawing is seen in 1st page sure...your drawing will score more than 100 rates....and so Popular...

i agree (not to sound dramatic) but the rating system can be a little bit corrupted. people who have a ton of friends get a ton of rates because their friends loyally rate all their drawings 5 hearts. if you are new to the site usually you have to be commenting drawings and talking to people, etc. for a quite a while before you can start getting a decent amount of rates. and sadly, hardly anyone goes through recent drawings rating stuff. in some ways, the rating system is just a popularity contest.

♒ + ♐ = ♥

#58 23 Jul, 2010 3:30 pm

harlequinn wrote:

ajishkpai wrote:

and Yeah!!!!

i agree (not to sound dramatic) but the rating system can be a little bit corrupted. people who have a ton of friends get a ton of rates because their friends loyally rate all their drawings 5 hearts. if you are new to the site usually you have to be commenting drawings and talking to people, etc. for a quite a while before you can start getting a decent amount of rates. and sadly, hardly anyone goes through recent drawings rating stuff. in some ways, the rating system is just a popularity contest.

Again, I agree that the popularity issue definitely has an effect on ratings, but at the same time, friends can only have so much influence.  If a drawing isn't good, it's usually not going to get a lot of ratings, because a fair share of those rates come from people who aren't even members of RMD, so they don't have any personal motivation to help the artist.  Friends might give you enough rates to get your drawing to the "Hot Drawings" list so more people will notice it, but after that I think a drawing has to earn rates on its own merit.  The reason for this forum is to help people who's work is really well done, but they may not be known well enough to get their drawings noticed in places like "Hot Drawings" where more people are likely to see and rate it.

#59 23 Jul, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm a horrible artist, but does this count? qq

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … 77&p=1
GOGOGO
CLICKCLICKCLICK. <3______<3!

#60 23 Jul, 2010 5:37 pm

Thy Orchedork wrote:

Thy Orchedork

I'm a horrible artist, but does this count? qq

Nice to meet you, Thy Orchedork  smile

You're not a horrible artist at all, and I think this drawing and the other two in your gallery are very cute and nicely drawn.  I just rated them, btw. 

Just a gentle reminder ... I'd rather users not post their own art here, though, or I'd have everyone on the site posting their stuff.  lol  wink

Last edited by mingu (23 Jul, 2010 6:25 pm)

Board footer

133 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.