Since we have now introduced the ability for users to create collaborative art by exchanging RMD files, we have introduced this "Collaborations" category into our forums.
Below are some rules and general etiquette when working on collaborations. Users who do not abide by these rules may have their drawings deleted:
IMPORTANT: Always save collaborations to the Collaborations category.
1. Only EVER exchange RMD files with people you know or trust. RateMyDrawings moderators do not have the ability to police what happens with RMD files once you share them with someone. If other users share files you share with them, then it is out of your control and out of our control. If you have precious drawings that you want to remain your own intellectual property, then never share an RMD file of this drawing.
2. Only one user may upload a drawing. If you worked with another artist or multiple artists, only one artists may upload the drawing to our website. Since we have no way of policing drawings and knowing who the originator of a drawing was, it is up to the artists involved to decide who gets to upload the drawing. If we find duplicate drawings, we will delete the duplicates or in the case where we are unable to determine who the original artists was or in case of a dispute, we may delete all versions of the drawing involved. We may introduce features in the future that cater to showcasing collaborative artworks, but for now, this is our current set of restrictions and rules.
3. Always give credit to all artists. If you work on a collaboration, please list the usernames of all artists that contributed to the drawing in the drawing description. This is general fairness and the best way to make sure everyone is happy.
4. Always ask the people you collaborate who should save the drawing to the website. You should agree at the start who will have the drawing show in their profile.
5. Protect your RMD files. If you are going to share your RMD files with someone, it is obvious that you should not place a link in our forums of where people can download the RMD file from as any user may then be able to access the file and use it. The best way to exchange files is to only share files with people you know or trust, and private message them with details on how to obtain the file. If you are precious about your artwork, we DO NOT RECOMMEND that you use free file sharing or file hosting services on the internet to share files as we have no control over what these services do with files. If you are saving RMD files to a school or library computer, then be sure to delete them when you leave so other people do not use them. Your artwork is important, share it wisely.