Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 06 Sep, 2010 8:53 pm

Draw Chat: Vertical Canvas?

I know you guys think about this at times, and why not discuss it? Hopefully no one has started talking about this, or I'll just look like a fool.  We should think about getting a vertical canvas on draw chat.

Honestly, I think it would be a wonderful idea! So, If this did happen, how would you guys imagine it? How do you think the transition between the horizontal canvas and the vertical canvas would work out? I don't even really know. But I leave the questions and answers up to you all, if anyone really cares about this matter... Probably not. ^_^

So, please, if you have any ideas about this or concerns on this idea, please be generous enough to give me a glass of your mind juice. I'm thirsy for your opinions.

I hope this idea will happen, for it will make it easier when people do reference drawings with a vertical canvas.

Or, if theres any other changes you might want to consider doing to draw chat, comment about it!

Please make the decision to look into it, Mick.

~Sora

Last edited by iloveyousoraaa (06 Sep, 2010 9:05 pm)

#2 06 Sep, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Draw Chat: Vertical Canvas?

I think not, of your request. A wider canvas like for example "iscribble" where there's more space would be more appropriate. smile
With the canvas we have now you can make your own vertical canvas by filling some of both sides of the canvas and making your desired middle to be as wide as you want.

Last edited by S o u n d- (06 Sep, 2010 9:03 pm)

Can you hear that?...

#3 06 Sep, 2010 9:04 pm

well,  you know how on a DSi you can make frames and then take a picture with that frame? i think it would be cool if you could draw a shape, and that would be the shape of your canvas.

#4 06 Sep, 2010 9:10 pm

S o u n d- wrote:

I think not, of your request. A wider canvas like for example "iscribble" where there's more space would be more appropriate. smile
With the canvas we have now you can make your own vertical canvas by filling some of both sides of the canvas and making your desired middle to be as wide as you want.

Then again, the amount of space you have varies. But good point. We should have a choice of different sizes. A small/large vertical canvas and a small/large horizontal canvas. ^_^

#5 06 Sep, 2010 9:27 pm

How bout when a user creates a room he could chose

[X] horizontal canvas
[_] vertical canvas

and for the other rooms it could he horizontal all of the time or change randomly

w̧̺͓ͣ̾̌̏h̡̬̹͎̞͙̤̦͑̈̚a̞̠̖͙͚͚̪̤̐̾̕t̢͚̎ͮ͜ ̸̼͎̪͉ͨ̂͘h̴̢͓̪͔̟̏͞ͅa̡͙̞͊ͭͣ͌ͩ̒ͩ́̚͘v̢̼̹͉̤͔̠͖̲ͭ̑̒͐̅̏e̷̻ͤ̊ͨ̆̋̔ ͇̼̳̰̟̫̹̋̇͝y̛͈̜̻͍̲̳̲̰̰ͭ͋̏̈́ͩ̇̑ͮo̭͙̜̾ͫ̃̿ͧͥ͝ͅu̵̲̱̣̖ͯͧ͂ͤ̔ͯͬͬ ̵̙ͫ̀͢d̟͚͔̠̜̘̮̽̎͛͑ͨo̺̱̪̝̱͓͍ͫ͗́̓̓́͠n̺͙̜ͨ̏ͫͨͪ̀̓͛e̛͈̥̠͉̯͔̾͋ͧ̆ͭ̌ͩ͟

#6 06 Sep, 2010 9:45 pm

Zanjux wrote:

[X] horizontal canvas
[_] vertical canvas

and for the other rooms it could he horizontal all of the time or change randomly

but then when people are drawing and other people switch it the drawings won't show like they did when you're drawing it.
(hopefully you got this.. i'm bad at explaining things XD)

/sweats

#7 06 Sep, 2010 9:51 pm

eatbbycks wrote:

Zanjux wrote:

[X] horizontal canvas
[_] vertical canvas

but then when people are drawing and other people switch it the drawings won't show like they did when you're drawing it.

I agree, to some they would be to the farrrrrr right then to the others in the middle and they overlap accidentally...

Can you hear that?...

#8 06 Sep, 2010 9:55 pm

S o u n d- wrote:

eatbbycks wrote:

Zanjux wrote:

[X] horizontal canvas
[_] vertical canvas

I agree, to some they would be to the farrrrrr right then to the others in the middle and they overlap accidentally...

You mean like, if i were drawing something and you switched the canvas on me, the drawing would be at its original horizontal state and be all cut off because the canvas turned vertical? Maybe we shouldnt have the option to switch it once someone has already drawn. I dunno, good point.

#9 06 Sep, 2010 10:27 pm

OKAY So here's my idea.

When you join a room, people can vote on what kind of canvas then want. Kind of like when you want to clear the canvas.

Fat Rabbit loves you.

I support RMD becoming a better art community - I draw with effort and passion! <3

#10 06 Sep, 2010 10:41 pm

ChubbyBunny wrote:

OKAY So here's my idea.

When you join a room, people can vote on what kind of canvas then want. Kind of like when you want to clear the canvas.

That could work. Maybe there could be a little poll box somewhere where people can click on and it'll show the amount of people want that canvas. Then once the majority of the people have voted for a certain canvas, it'll pop up. But only if no one has drawn yet. Or like, the room moderator can take a poll and everyone has to vote, just like when someone requests to clear, you have to decide yes or no. Dig it?

#11 07 Sep, 2010 1:08 pm

eatbbycks wrote:

Zanjux wrote:

[X] horizontal canvas
[_] vertical canvas

no I mean after you clear the picture it automatically changes to horizontal or vertical

and the same for everyone >_>

w̧̺͓ͣ̾̌̏h̡̬̹͎̞͙̤̦͑̈̚a̞̠̖͙͚͚̪̤̐̾̕t̢͚̎ͮ͜ ̸̼͎̪͉ͨ̂͘h̴̢͓̪͔̟̏͞ͅa̡͙̞͊ͭͣ͌ͩ̒ͩ́̚͘v̢̼̹͉̤͔̠͖̲ͭ̑̒͐̅̏e̷̻ͤ̊ͨ̆̋̔ ͇̼̳̰̟̫̹̋̇͝y̛͈̜̻͍̲̳̲̰̰ͭ͋̏̈́ͩ̇̑ͮo̭͙̜̾ͫ̃̿ͧͥ͝ͅu̵̲̱̣̖ͯͧ͂ͤ̔ͯͬͬ ̵̙ͫ̀͢d̟͚͔̠̜̘̮̽̎͛͑ͨo̺̱̪̝̱͓͍ͫ͗́̓̓́͠n̺͙̜ͨ̏ͫͨͪ̀̓͛e̛͈̥̠͉̯͔̾͋ͧ̆ͭ̌ͩ͟

#12 07 Sep, 2010 5:11 pm

8D good idea ouo yea i was thinking about this idea too but i might have sounded silly ^^'

shoo da loop loopy dooo la la la la da da da da

#13 07 Sep, 2010 6:01 pm

i like this idea but if mick does take it up he will figure out how it will work anyway

DRAW! DRAW! XXXXXX

#14 07 Sep, 2010 10:46 pm

Lauren8816 wrote:

i like this idea but if mick does take it up he will figure out how it will work anyway

Yeah, but its nice to talk about it so he can get ideas ^_^

#15 07 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm

Zanjux wrote:

[X] horizontal canvas
[_] vertical canvas

i like this idea best. and maybe the rooms that werent made by users (beginner, expert, etc.) could just be the standard horizontal... if you dont like it make your own room!!!

♒ + ♐ = ♥

#16 07 Sep, 2010 11:57 pm

Nice idea! Would the canvas be bigger as well as vertical or would it be the same size as the horizontal one?

#17 08 Sep, 2010 12:19 am

Simfreak7007 wrote:

Nice idea! Would the canvas be bigger as well as vertical or would it be the same size as the horizontal one?

same size

♒ + ♐ = ♥

#18 09 Sep, 2010 10:10 pm

KH otaku girl wrote:

well,  you know how on a DSi you can make frames and then take a picture with that frame? i think it would be cool if you could draw a shape, and that would be the shape of your canvas.

I still like my idea :3

#19 06 Dec, 2012 3:31 am

i agree we should have the choosing...of vertical or horizontal~ Great topic starter Sora! People should rally behind this idea

#20 06 Dec, 2012 3:56 pm

No, just no.
This was and still is a bad idea.

~Spread the love~ (✿ノ ◠‿◠)ノ

Board footer

124 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.