I was kinda hoping someone could sticky this somewhere or something because I find this to be really important to those using a Pen and Touch Tablet for their drawings. I know I'm not an administrator or anything but I'm just hoping I can be helpful.
Some people tend to have issues with there pen and tablet, where the pen will actually lag when trying to draw. It was an issue for me and extremely annoying. So for those of you having these problems and wanted to break your recently bought tablet, this post could prove useful. :)
I believe the problem is mostly restricted to those using Windows Vista(worst invention ever btw) or windows 7(me). I think I've managed to pinpoint the problem and found the cure.. YAY! :D
This worked for me and hopefully it will work for anyone else having the same issues. Just follow my instructions and hopefully you can get back to drawing your little circles or tiny stars or whatever else the mean tablet isn't allowing you to do anymore!
Problem:Pen and Tablet lag
First, make sure you have Administrator access, that way you can make changes to computer settings. If you're the only computer user don't worry about it. YOUR COMPUTER WILL NEED TO RESTART DURING THIS SO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING IMPORTANT OPEN. CLOSE ALL OTHER WINDOWS.
1. Open your CONTROL PANEL (can be found on the Start Menu)
2. Open the PROGRAMS (just click on the link labeled PROGRAMS)
3. Click TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON or OFF (should be located under Programs and Features)
4. A pop-up should appear, if it's loading allow it to finish. Then scroll down to TABLET PC COMPONENTS and it should be check. UNCHECK IT.
5. Click OK
6. Now allow your computer to restart so it can make it's necessary changes. When your computer regains conciousness advance to step 7.
7. Open the Start Menu and use the Search Bar to find PEN AND TOUCH
8. When opened highlight the PRESS AND HOLD feature and click SETTINGS.
9. UNCHECK the "Enable Press and Hold for right-clicking". Then click OK.
10. Open the FLICKS menu at the top of the window.
11. UNCHECK the "Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily". Then click OK.
YOUR PROBLEMS SHOULD BE ALL FIXED NOW!!! :D well atleast the ones i listed.. I'm not sure it cures like ADHD or anything.. ANYWAYS! Have fun ;)
I have made this a sticky because I know it is an issue several people have had in the past. Thank you for posting a detailed list of instructions
Helped me 8D Thanks.
The picture is not lagging, it is DISSAPPEARING COMPLETELY WHILE I AM TRYING TO WORK ON IT. WOW. I just posted a question, asking why the Canvas software is doing this??? why,why, why? It lags a tiny bit, not as bad as this "vanishing act" so I had to quit drawint completely. sheeeeesh.
Hi, I get "lag" on this even using a "mouse" maybe your suggestion will work for mouse users too (there a lot of us on RMD )
i have a problem with the pen, when im drawing if i point in one spot for a little sec to long a menu keeps popping up. I tried to change my pen settings but i couldnt find it.Pen has a setting that if you hold it down in one spot a menu comes up, like that of a right click on your mouse.
my problem bit different. i already update the java and install jtablet for java drawing but it still cant detect the pen pressure(tested on applet after downloading the jtablet everthing is ok). same goes to html, i already download the plug in but nothing happen. Help needed pls!