Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 19 Jul, 2009 3:44 am

Java Draw Solution if tablet is not working, freehand tool not working

I believe alot of people out there have specific problems with java draw. If ur problem is that everything loads but u cant draw, then here is a solution,

first u have to uninstall ur tablet, just hit the start button then right click "my computer/computer"
click on properties, then a window will open, u should see "Device Manager" under tasks/tabs, click on that
then the device manager window will open, u should see a tab called Human Interface Devices
click that then u should see ur tablet under it, right click then uninstall

after uninstalling ur tablet, u need to re-install it then restart ur pc/laptop
use ur installation disk or u can do what i did, i found a site that lets me install my tablet again (u can look it up on google)
after installing again, restart ur pc/laptop, try to draw using java draw again, it should work :)

any questions just ask me :)

Never wound, what you can't kill.

#2 19 Jul, 2009 7:33 am

Re: Java Draw Solution if tablet is not working, freehand tool not working

Interesting solution - was your tablet working in other applications outside of the java tool?

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#3 20 Jul, 2009 1:13 am

the tablet would work but i havent tried it in other applications so i'm not sure, the cursor would move but in java it would not draw

#4 01 Aug, 2009 6:52 pm

ive been searchhing everyewhere for a solution to this problem and my pen finally workss ^^ thankss soo muchh big_smile

you are my starlightt, but theres no stars tonightt .. ):

#5 22 Sep, 2009 7:18 am

A few people are still having this issue so I am sticking this topic to the top of the forum.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#6 22 Sep, 2009 8:34 am

epq

hmm i've tried it , but still doesnt work.

#7 10 Oct, 2009 5:11 am

I didn't even install the software for the tablet, just plugged it in and got used to the fact the cursor flies around so quick. So should I just....unplug it or something?

I have long hair. People think I'm high, cause people associate long hair with drug use. I wish long hair was associated with something other than drugs. Something like...Cake! Then people would see a long-haired guy and say: "That guy eats cake!"

#8 10 Oct, 2009 7:32 am

Sub-Urban Artist wrote:

I didn't even install the software for the tablet, just plugged it in and got used to the fact the cursor flies around so quick. So should I just....unplug it or something?

What brand/type of tablet is it sub?

#9 10 Oct, 2009 8:45 am

Wacom Bamboo Fun, I believe.

I have long hair. People think I'm high, cause people associate long hair with drug use. I wish long hair was associated with something other than drugs. Something like...Cake! Then people would see a long-haired guy and say: "That guy eats cake!"

#10 10 Oct, 2009 11:23 pm

But mine isn't even a tablet. It's a touchscreen laptop. It won't let me draw with the pen or the touchpad. D:

#11 15 Oct, 2009 6:52 am

SimplyForgotten wrote:

But mine isn't even a tablet. It's a touchscreen laptop. It won't let me draw with the pen or the touchpad. D:

well for the touchscreen laptop, i would ask mick about that, rmd may not be suited for touchscreen, best bet is to maybe get a tablet, but dont waste money till ur sure about the touchscreen issue

#12 15 Oct, 2009 6:55 am

epq wrote:

hmm i've tried it , but still doesnt work.

please explain the problem to me, i'll try to my fullest extent to help u

#13 15 Oct, 2009 6:18 pm

I got it to work. I think my problem was the new version of Java because the line tool and the bezier tool worked, but the freehand tool didn't. I just installed an older version of Java and now it works again. (:

#14 31 Oct, 2009 7:00 pm

but since i started drawing with my tablet, the mouse isnt working in the java!  both are not working in it  :S

hi hi

#15 30 Dec, 2009 9:55 pm

Had that problem too many times to count.. and It worked with other tools but for java it just messes up >:C

+*+*+AzziiMutt+*+*+*

#16 08 Feb, 2010 11:33 am

there is no human interface device maybe  i should reinstall java?:

#17 08 Feb, 2010 11:46 am

help me bro..i'm an addict in drawing, cant make this stuff solve ^^

#18 14 Jan, 2011 2:58 pm

Wow. Genius. :'D

I support RMD becoming a better art community & I draw with effort and passion.♥

Board footer

195 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.