They say that good things come in pairs. We have just opened our latest drawing competition.
The Pairs drawing competition
A pair is quite simply two things. This opens a world of ideas to your next drawing. Here are a whole bunch of ideas to get your mind thinking about this theme and how to draw something creative:
- Draw a pair of objects that you commonly see together like a boy & girl, a dog & a cat, an apple & orange
- Draw a pair of objects that are opposites like fire & ice, wet & dry, square and circular
- Draw something duotone, which is a drawing that uses mostly two colors. Black and white is obvious but you could also draw something in reds and blues, blue and greens, etc.
- Draw using two styles themes. If you're feeling really creative, just draw two styles like bright & dark, sharp & soft, precise & sketchy.
- Draw two characters in battle like superman vs. batman
- Draw two celebrities like Brad and Angelina
- Draw two people like a king & queen, poor & rich man, or just two friends
As you can see, this theme is very open to a lot of ideas.
The competition prize - Drawing for Dummies (second edition).
Don't let the "dummies" title fool you, this book is full of a lot of really great drawing tutorials, concepts, techniques and each chapter contains projects to make you a better artist.
You can see the book here: http://www.dummies.com/store/product/Dr … 18426.html
I can personally recommend this book because recently, I contributed a chapter to this book. Chapter 4 is titled "Drawing on your computer" and is a general introduction to artists who may have not yet made the transition from pencil to digital. It also includes a walk-through project using RateMyDrawings JavaDraw, with artwork supplied by our very well known [url = http://www.ratemydrawings.com/user/moog … oogleymog/[/url].
Happy drawing everyone!