This topic will be where updates are posted to the CanvasDraw tool. The topic will be updated each time we make changes or add new features or just have something exciting to share about the tool.
- CanvasDraw does work with Wacom pressure sensitivity! Download the plugin here: http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/plugin.php (note that not all tools support pressure sensitivity and it is alpha that is only effected. You will notice the most effects of pressure sensitivity on brushes).
- Update your browser. Very new browsers greatly boost the speed of CanvasDraw. Internet Explorer 9 or the latest version of Chrome, Firefox and or Safari all work great.
April 9: All RMD member should now have access to CanvasDraw!
Last edited by mick (09 Apr, 2011 11:30 am)
We have added 4 more brushes to CanvasDraw. Try them out - I'm always so excited to see how you all use them.
We will be working on a longer-term strategy for brushes and spending some time experimenting with more advanced ideas that do some interesting things as well as seeing if we can improve on existing brushes. For now there is a great mix of options that cover lots of interesting ways to draw. Our forum topic for brush suggestions will remain open and we still welcome all your ideas.
CanvasDraw has been updated with some new updates!
- It now works with Internet Explorer 9 (earlier versions of Internet Explorer do not work and unfortunately will not work with this tool). Performance is very good in IE9. We recommend you give it a try. IE9 takes advantage of your hardware graphics card so in some cases IE9 may perform much better than other browsers.
- We have done quite a bit of engineering to make the tool load much faster and in some cases perform faster.
- We have added one tool to the pen tools that is a line-work tool. This tool only draws 1 pixel lines and has been designed for this purposed. It should perform slightly faster than the other pens at the same size.
- Firefox 4 has one bug that is causing the blending tools to not work. We have filed a bug about this with Mozilla and hopefully they will correct this in the near future. We are investigating if there are any temporary workaround solutions we can use. Meanwhile if you need to use the blending tools, we recommend to use Internet Explorer 9 or Chrome.
- Blurred pen tools do not work when using a vertical canvas.
UPDATE: CanvasDraw is now available to all members. Enjoy!
iPad users, will notice a slightly refined layout to make CanvasDraw much easier to use on an iPad. Save for later and load saved are also now disabled for iPad due to restrictions they have places on the iPad so that files cannot be saved. We will look into options for saving for later and loading in a future update.