Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 01 May, 2011 9:36 am

Exciting! RMD has a new website.

A short while ago, I started communicating with an old friend, Nick - who owns and operates http://AmateurIllustrator.com - an illustration community that aims to bring together up-and-coming illustrators. Nick and I talked openly about his community and we began discussing how Amateur Illustrator could benefit from all the efforts we have put into RateMyDrawings and what the website could offer RMD members. After many discussions, we came to the conclusion that Amateur Illustrator needed some fresh eyes, and RMD members could also benefit from such a community.

So, I am excited to announce to you all that Amateur Illustrator is now part of the Mixart New Media family of online art communities. In time, I will be evaluating all the wonderful efforts we have put into RMD and seeing if Amateur Illustrator can benefit from these efforts.

We have created a page to make it quick and simple to join Amateur Illustrator.
http://www.ratemydrawings.com/join-amat … trator.php
The link above will copy your profile and account information to Amateur Illustrator and sign you up immediately.

What is Amateur Illustrator?
Amateur Illustrator is a community for people who love drawing, who love art, and who want to meet other people who are excited about illustration. Many of it's members are up-coming artists who are excited about future careers in the illustration industry. Artists on this website are mature, and serious about their work, but also very casual and friendly. It is important to note that this community does have an age requirement of 13 years or older, due to the site catering to a more mature audience. Those of you who are not yet 13 years old, you may be happy to just continue sticking to RMD.

How are the two communities different?
All illustrations on the website are created by whatever software you want, and often by traditional media, but once you create your illustrations, you simply take an image of your work and upload it to the site. There are no online drawing tools on this community which makes it distinctly different from RateMyDrawings. Many RMD artists are often asking about a way to upload drawings they create outside of RMD, and we think Amateur Illustrator is our answer to this common request. In many ways Amateur Illustrator is similar to DeviantArt, but with a much strong focus on illustration only and a very close family of members that share thoughts about being illustrators.

Amateur Illustrator is not a "rating" website (although it does offer similar features). The community is less about being an exciting competition and more about being an encouraging place to simply share art.

I'm personally very excited to watch this community grow, and am excited to now offer a community that supports image uploading for all the artwork our members create outside of RMD. Please join, introduce yourself, and check out some of the great artwork on the site.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

Board footer

188 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.