Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 06 Jun, 2011 1:32 pm

Show people who rated?

Well, you know the people who rated are the ones who commented ( even says "5/5!") your drawings, right? And there are those who rated but not commented and you don't know who rated, right?

I know its random, but I only want to thank those who rated.

#2 06 Jun, 2011 2:48 pm

Re: Show people who rated?

I agree :3

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss ♥

#3 06 Jun, 2011 3:34 pm

this WOULD be a good idea, but then also people would be afraid to rate honestly, because say, if I gave somebody a 3/5 (and the drawing deserved it) then somebody might get irritated and give one of my drawings a 2/5 or something like that. It would simulate a lot of hate rating tongue but I see where you're coming from. ^^

║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║█║▌│║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║ *ZAP* *BEEP* Price: $7.95

#4 06 Jun, 2011 5:04 pm

hmm i wonder D88 i want people who put collections in their collection. D8 and people who favorited it D88

#5 06 Jun, 2011 7:14 pm

Fighting Spirit wrote:

this WOULD be a good idea, but then also people would be afraid to rate honestly, because say, if I gave somebody a 3/5 (and the drawing deserved it) then somebody might get irritated and give one of my drawings a 2/5 or something like that. It would simulate a lot of hate rating tongue but I see where you're coming from. ^^

I AM A STEGOSAURUS.
PHWOAR!

#6 06 Jun, 2011 8:36 pm

thaat would be a cool idea(:

[✔] νєяιιє∂ вєℓιєвєя

#7 06 Jun, 2011 8:39 pm

Reinboo wrote:

Fighting Spirit wrote:

Double quote haha... true dat... maybe um... 3 hearts or less would be anonymous? Or there is an option to remain anonymous?

Last edited by 4ever_Broken (06 Jun, 2011 8:39 pm)

Pretty Girl ROCK <3

#8 06 Jun, 2011 10:02 pm

I disagree, keeping rates anonymous helps people be honest about their rates and it stops artists going on a rampage if their drawing was rated something other than 5h (Because RMD has pretty much become Ratemydrawings5heartsorelse.com but that;s not the point xD)
If we were able to see who rated what then it'd cause a lot of strife between artists and may even scare some people out of rating! (Those who want to remain anonymous)
But....It would be good for tracking down hate-raters >big_smile

#9 06 Jun, 2011 10:25 pm

Can't we just see WHO rated, but not WHAT they rated? that would solve all the problems... tongue

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

#10 06 Jun, 2011 10:39 pm

theAKmusicalPIG wrote:

Can't we just see WHO rated, but not WHAT they rated? that would solve all the problems... tongue

well... not entirely... say, if you had a drawing that had, like, 5 rates, all 5/5s and someone rated it 3/5, it'd be pretty obvious they didn't rate 5/5 xD

║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║█║▌│║▌║█║▌║▌││║▌║ *ZAP* *BEEP* Price: $7.95

#11 07 Jun, 2011 5:50 pm

I completely disagree... there's been about 10 threads of this idea, and it just seems like a bad idea. Hate rating would go out of control, there'd be more fights, etc, etc, etc.

#12 07 Jun, 2011 6:01 pm

I kinda agree with DrG, That may cuz fights.
The idea is nice, but there is a problem; Guests who view this website can rate too without a comment..so if we apply this feature user who wana give u a 3 or 4 may logout and rate tongue so u wouldnt know..

Cheee~eeZe

#13 07 Jun, 2011 6:22 pm

Nah. I don't like the idea.

Of course it's sweet that people rate even though they don't leave a comment.
But if artists know what I rated then I feel so watched. Paranoid O_o. I don't want to be registered on what and how high I rate.

Anonymity also encourages rating and of course... as mentioned above... helps avoiding those fights.

-sigh-
ggwp

#14 07 Jun, 2011 7:15 pm

impossible. like others already said the hateratings would grow.. but it would be nice if you could se what ratings you got like:
1/5 = 1 rate
2/5= 0 rates
3/5= 5 rates
and so on!

Proud Christian

#15 07 Jun, 2011 10:26 pm

MyAnimeRomance wrote:

impossible. like others already said the hateratings would grow.. but it would be nice if you could se what ratings you got like:
1/5 = 1 rate
2/5= 0 rates
3/5= 5 rates
and so on!

That would be a great stat to know. O.o IF it was updated hourly it wouldn't be that easy to figure out who did what.

#16 08 Jun, 2011 12:56 am

HIME-J wrote:

I disagree, keeping rates anonymous helps people be honest about their rates and it stops artists going on a rampage if their drawing was rated something other than 5h (Because RMD has pretty much become Ratemydrawings5heartsorelse.com but that;s not the point xD)
If we were able to see who rated what then it'd cause a lot of strife between artists and may even scare some people out of rating! (Those who want to remain anonymous)
But....It would be good for tracking down hate-raters >:D

That makes so much sense! :O In a perfect drawing world it would be nice to be able to talk to those who rated honestly and view their opinions on why they rated it that way and/or what to improve without feeling frustrated with them if the rate is on the low side. Unfortunately, like what HIME said, it may scare others out of rating which would be bad for artists all together. D: Its a good idea in an ideal drawing world but its a definite way to cause others to feel angry with other artists. I personally like to remain anonymous. I dont like to hurt other's feelings, especially if they are beginners, but I like to give honest rates. For the most part, I do comment/critique if thats what they ask or if I feel I should. I;m one of the people that like keeping rating under secretness since it helps me be honest.

#17 08 Jun, 2011 3:38 am

I'd rather see who favourited or collected, like on dA.

I need an airbag, 다가오는 거대한 슬픔에 부딪히기 전에~

#18 16 Jun, 2011 9:41 am

HIME-J wrote:

But....It would be good for tracking down hate-raters >big_smile

Everytime I rate 3/5 or 4/5 and comment, the person hate-rates me back.. and says something like, "This drawing sucks!!!!!11111" Eventhough I'm just giving critique. It annoys me. So, I agree with your opinion.

Jump on the skateboard, Yatagarasu~

#19 16 Jun, 2011 9:42 am

LadyoftheMirror wrote:

MyAnimeRomance wrote:

1/5 = 1 rate
2/5= 0 rates
3/5= 5 rates
and so on!

That would be a great stat to know. O.o IF it was updated hourly it wouldn't be that easy to figure out who did what.

Also, this would be great.

Jump on the skateboard, Yatagarasu~

#20 16 Jun, 2011 12:41 pm

It always makes me laugh when people attribute anonymity to honesty.

Anyways, forget about this ever happening. It's been suggested and denied many many times. People love their "honest anonymity". roll

Board footer

235 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.