Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search
! This Topic has been closed.

#21 28 Dec, 2011 1:33 am

Re: I'M SO ANNOYED WITH......!!!

Um, Its true honesty is nice, but isnt it rather harsh to say they shouldnt be on here? I mean, think about it, how would you feel if you tried but all you got was ones or twos?

Instead of thinking about how many hearts/rating(whatever to call it) maybe think about commenting and telling them what they need to improve to do even better.

And also think about it this way, what if it was a small child that wasnt capible of the things you expect, not only will they not be able to meet the standards of your favorite artists, but their feeling will be a lot more hurt.

And I think you can rate 1s, 2s, 3s, but after a certain amount of ratings, so its not like 1 or 2 ratings and you get a 2. That wouldnt be right.

Dont get me wrong, honesty is a wonderful thing that can (mostly) lead to improvement, but thats not always the best thing, especially when it might hurt.

Maia-tan is awesome!
Check her out! http://www.ratemydrawings.com/user/rockcandysweetie/

#22 28 Dec, 2011 2:00 am

1=You can do better
2=Needs more effort
3=Nice I like it
4=Very Good drawing
5=Couldn't be better!

So if, in my own opinion, I believe that the artist, "Can do better" or the picture "Needs more effort," it's automatically deemed as hate rating and rude? Look, if you do it, then can you at least explain why so everyone doesn't have a panic attack? I'm not trying to be rude, but it seems many are having a problem with it.

Plus, "Rate my Drawings," should mean, "On a scale of 1-5, please rate my drawings." :\

Sailor Moon is coming back in 2013 with some of the original voice actors!!!!!!!!! big_smile

#23 28 Dec, 2011 12:28 pm

mellmonster wrote:

I'd never pay for art, that's a load of bull.

Why would you think that?

#24 28 Dec, 2011 12:34 pm

minakoS wrote:

1=You can do better
2=Needs more effort
3=Nice I like it
4=Very Good drawing
5=Couldn't be better!

So if, in my own opinion, I believe that the artist, "Can do better" or the picture "Needs more effort," it's automatically deemed as hate rating and rude? Look, if you do it, then can you at least explain why so everyone doesn't have a panic attack? I'm not trying to be rude, but it seems many are having a problem with it.

Plus, "Rate my Drawings," should mean, "On a scale of 1-5, please rate my drawings." :\

This is exactly where I'm coming from!!

Rmd Might as well be rating on 3-5. There's no point of the 1-2 hearts there, if "most" users can't even rate that amount.

#25 28 Dec, 2011 1:22 pm

u can rate good rated pictures bad if u realy want to rate 1 or 2 ^^ i would never rate a picture that i dont like.. even my most rated picture got later many 2 hearts till the latest heard got halfed. later ppl will rate ure drawings bad, after 50 ratings surely^^

#26 28 Dec, 2011 5:38 pm

sadlave wrote:

mellmonster wrote:

I bet you do!
Look around you:
movies, music, clothes, toys, games, cards,
you pay for the design of you cellphone or other hightech stuff you buy, stuff like that..
smile

She meant different art.
You know, like paintings..
And she doesn't have a cellphone/hightech stuff. =u=
she only buys clothes in the list you mentioned, and I don't smell art in clothes, but hey, that's just me.
*runs away*

But still Mell, hold your horses..
if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Last edited by eatbbycks (28 Dec, 2011 5:47 pm)

/sweats

#27 28 Dec, 2011 5:42 pm

sinan.. wrote:

u can rate good rated pictures bad if u realy want to rate 1 or 2 ^^ i would never rate a picture that i dont like.. even my most rated picture got later many 2 hearts till the latest heard got halfed. later ppl will rate ure drawings bad, after 50 ratings surely^^

I always get 3 hearts at the first rate, lol.
Haters, gotta love them. ♥

/sweats

#28 28 Dec, 2011 6:10 pm

She meant different art.
she only buys clothes in the list you mentioned, and I don't smell art in clothes, but hey, that's just me.
*runs away*

Well I do understand that she meant paintings.. but art isn't just paintings.-I just noted that.

Wait, wait a cellphone/hightech = a mobile phone, computer(any kind of electronic device). 18year old unless she lied about her age, its hard to believe..

Clothes even if its a mass production someone still had to create its design. and designing is another art form.

lol

#29 28 Dec, 2011 8:01 pm

ambrosia_angel wrote:

minakoS wrote:

1=You can do better
2=Needs more effort
3=Nice I like it
4=Very Good drawing
5=Couldn't be better!

This is exactly where I'm coming from!!

Rmd Might as well be rating on 3-5. There's no point of the 1-2 hearts there, if "most" users can't even rate that amount.

Recently on my Alice picture, someone commented "It's obviously isn't the best drawing ever, but hey, its still awesome smile" I'm as.suming they rated a 3 or 2, so why can't we just do that? Rated what we think it deserves, then leave a comment saying,
"I like this, but I think the shading on the eyes needs a little more effort." ?

Sailor Moon is coming back in 2013 with some of the original voice actors!!!!!!!!! big_smile

#30 29 Dec, 2011 12:20 am

eatbbycks wrote:

sadlave wrote:

mellmonster wrote:

I bet you do!
Look around you:
you pay for the design of you cellphone or other hightech stuff you buy, stuff like that..
smile

She meant different art.
*runs away*

Whatever she meant as art, she rates it as something not worth her paying for. Her true honest rating.

#31 29 Dec, 2011 4:24 am

Artist-KGH wrote:

eatbbycks wrote:

sadlave wrote:

I bet you do!
Look around you:
smile

She meant different art.
*runs away*

Whatever she meant as art, she rates it as something not worth her paying for. Her true honest rating.

I think, KGH, that apart from being one of my favorite artists 'cuz you're really good, you're also the artist I respect the most because of the kinda posts you make here on the forums.

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#32 29 Dec, 2011 4:59 am

The "oil and water" of rating is:
- People want everyone to rate honestly and fairly (but get upset when they do)
- People all rate differently regardless of the rating scale, so the only system where rates are all equal is a system with no scale
- You can't tell people how to rate (and rightfully so). We all have different perspectives on what a drawing deserves, what an artists deserves and what is fair. Because of this, any rating system is not going to be perfect.

OK, I think I'm done with talking about ratings for this year smile

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#33 29 Dec, 2011 7:29 am

mick wrote:

The "oil and water" of rating is:
- People want everyone to rate honestly and fairly (but get upset when they do)
- People all rate differently regardless of the rating scale, so the only system where rates are all equal is a system with no scale
- You can't tell people how to rate (and rightfully so). We all have different perspectives on what a drawing deserves, what an artists deserves and what is fair. Because of this, any rating system is not going to be perfect.

OK, I think I'm done with talking about ratings for this year smile

to be continued..... wink

Cheee~eeZe

#34 01 Jan, 2012 12:50 am

well, i some places, it already is the new year :\

#35 14 Oct, 2012 1:50 pm

Im really sad right now because of the people who hate-rate and stuff like that...because no matter how much u hate-rate, you're not gonna get better than that person, I think instead they can comment on how to improve and learn some new skills  from other people's drawings...(sorry if it didn't make sense...) I hate it wen someone uses a drawing site which gives opportunities to people who are trying to improve for "hate-rating"...(i think I'm getting too into this so I'm gonna stop here before this turns into this huge essay...)(sorry for the long post...) (thnx for reading smile )

I think I'm hungry...*rawr* oh and I'm holding a comp.~ http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … p?id=25991 hope a lot of people joins! big_smile

#36 14 Oct, 2012 2:16 pm

ChocoMiu wrote:

Im really sad right now because of the people who hate-rate and stuff like that...because no matter how much u hate-rate, you're not gonna get better than that person, I think instead they can comment on how to improve and learn some new skills  from other people's drawings...(sorry if it didn't make sense...) I hate it wen someone uses a drawing site which gives opportunities to people who are trying to improve for "hate-rating"...(i think I'm getting too into this so I'm gonna stop here before this turns into this huge essay...)(sorry for the long post...) (thnx for reading smile )

brang back a 2011 forum lol nice. anyways i see your point. i hate it when people just say its horrible bad or blah blah and don't tell you why. Or, they just rate like a one and then don't comment... annoying... so yeah like maybe just say "needs more effort with hair line-art shading etc." anyways... that's it y'all o3o

"I'm gonna die alone. Adolescence didn't make sense. A little loss of innocence, The ugly years of being a fool.. Ain't youth meant to be beautiful?"

#37 15 Oct, 2012 12:34 pm

(i don't know how to reply tongue but this is for Spirited Away) "brang back the a 2011 forum"? but haha thnx for seeing my point big_smile and ya i agree...they shud probably point out where they didn't like so we can improve...(I'm just surprised that someone was actually able to understand what i typed...) but, anyways thnx big_smile (again)

I think I'm hungry...*rawr* oh and I'm holding a comp.~ http://www.ratemydrawings.com/community … p?id=25991 hope a lot of people joins! big_smile

Board footer

100 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.