Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 14 May, 2012 5:55 am

Downloading ChibiPaint from the Internet

Heya people. I've been looking to download ChibiPaint from the internet, since I want to be able to use it offline as well, and I'd like to have it conveniently on my computer. I've been to the official site of ChibiPaint (http://www.chibipaint.com/downloads.html) and downloaded from there, but the problem is that the downloaded program doesn't come with an option to save.

I don't want to risk losing work, so I would like to download a version of the ChibiPaint program that comes with the "Save drawing to computer" option. Might anyone know where I can find it?

#2 14 May, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Downloading ChibiPaint from the Internet

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

Hakuna matata.

#3 14 May, 2012 11:11 pm

you could just screenshot it.

#4 14 May, 2012 11:49 pm

1992 wrote:

you could just screenshot it.

How would you save the drawing to you computer to work on it later, using the same tools?

Hakuna matata.

#5 17 May, 2012 8:15 pm

Eb, no one is helping you sad

Hakuna matata.

#6 17 May, 2012 9:41 pm

Nobodyknowsandnobodycares u__U Ah well. I guess I didn't have too high hopes xD

#7 17 May, 2012 9:43 pm

I care.

I just don't know.

sad

Hakuna matata.

#8 17 May, 2012 10:09 pm

Aw Em. Well then, nobody who cares knows. And nobody who knows cares. neutral

#9 18 May, 2012 1:19 am

You could always post your question in Yahoo! Answers to reach a wider range of people who will know. cool

**TeeHee!**

#10 18 May, 2012 2:00 pm

I would like that too.You could do it offline since we go on alot or trips and places,I could grab my tablet and laptop and draw with something other than sketchbook pro.But again like Bumblepeach,You could do that or google it.
*30 minutes later*
I looked.No awnser no where.Does the site have an email so you could email them?

#11 08 Aug, 2012 11:46 pm

I wanted that kind of tihng too, because i really really love some features chibipaint provides and i want to apply them outside RMD on other resolutions.

At least they have source so maybe i can look how to modify it to save it. The coolest thing ever would be if it could save images in gimp or PS format to allow further editing.

There is no land but the land...
There is no sea but the sea...
There is no keeper but the key,
Except for those who seize possibilities!!!

#12 09 Aug, 2012 6:05 am

I happened to look a bit at the code just yesterday for this exact reason (was going on a trip and maybe wanted to draw). It seems like it's not that difficult to do this.

woah, this tail is absolutely delicious =o.o=

#13 09 Aug, 2012 1:12 pm

I looked at the code and it looks like it's made only for web integration, probably i'll try to figure out something though, need a little more time though smile

#14 09 Aug, 2012 1:32 pm

Predelnik wrote:

I looked at the code and it looks like it's made only for web integration, probably i'll try to figure out something though, need a little more time though smile

I don't have a java sdk on this computer, so I can't try anything =_= But..

If you look in CPControllerApplet.java there's 2 functions; sendChi() and sendChi2(). Currently only sendChi() is used, but sendChi2() calls writefile() which seems to open a file dialog to store the drawing to your computer.
It also seems that this should be enabled in the "if (e.getActionCommand().equals("CHISave")) { .... }" block.

#15 09 Aug, 2012 4:01 pm

Oh that's really strange in CPControllerApplet.java i only have sendPng() function which seems to be in charge of saving .chi as well.

By the way are u using sources 0.7.11.2 from chibipaint website or have you taken them somewhere else?

Anyway it looks like this functionality just needs to be moved to another controller (cause applet one somehow not working in application mode) and then it will be easy to write it in png or chi format to disk. I will try to do some stuff tomorrow.

#16 10 Aug, 2012 10:28 am

That's a good question xD I've had the code on my computer for a while.

The chibipaint website doesn't really look familiar to me, so maybe I just grabbed the .jar from the java tool used on this site...
>.>
<.<

#17 10 Aug, 2012 11:59 am

Ok i've done my first mm (don't how it actually should be called) hack or modification to chibipaint, basically i added 4 functions - save .png, save .chi, load .chi and create new image with any width and height you desire. Everything is done in very very bad fashion especially last two, but i just wanted them to work, at least somehow.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7694232/ChibiPa … ha0.01.zip
And for now this stuff works only with gfx/images directory with icons lying around but that's not bad because you can customize them however you want big_smile

I would be very glad if anyone would like to use it, i made it all mostly for myself anyway smile. Maybe i'll create project for all of this on github or something to make further modifications.

And to don't break gnu gpl license big_smile, patch to latest source of chibipaint i made:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7694232/patch.diff
Btw, this was my first experience with java lol

#18 10 Aug, 2012 1:09 pm

Wow, Predelnik. You seem to know something about computer codes and programming. Did you really manage to add the "save as chi." and "load chi. file" functions to the ChibiPaint program?? Like is it possible to use it to draw like I do on RMD? I'm sorry, I was really confused reading through your posts. xD

#19 10 Aug, 2012 1:13 pm

Wow, Predelnik. You seem to know something about computer codes and programming. Did you really manage to add the "save as chi." and "load chi. file" functions to the ChibiPaint program?? Like is it possible to use it to draw like I do on RMD? I'm sorry, I was really confused reading through your posts. xD

Well to put it short, yes I did big_smile

#20 10 Aug, 2012 1:16 pm

So now I can save files in it? big_smile Do I download your link (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7694232/ChibiPa … ha0.01.zip) to try it?

I downloaded that, and I now have the file ChibiPaintMod-alpha0.01.jar on my computer. I'm not seeing a way to use it though?

Last edited by Parfois (10 Aug, 2012 1:20 pm)

Board footer

157 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

Copyright Mixart New Media LLC.
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide