Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 27 May, 2012 3:42 am

Drawchat issues PLEASE READ MICK!!

I'm sure. No. I KNOW there's a lot of posts for DrawChat not responding and connecting properly.

I'm sure we're ALL tired of this. I HATE it. Its become such a problem, that I'm beginning to lose interest in RMD now. If this continues, a lot of people COULD leave RMD. I would be one of them. I'm sick of waiting for it to come back on. Its getting ridiculous! If this continues further, I will leave RMD. Not just temporarily, but FOR GOOD. I have a lot of friends here, and I would hate to leave them. Its annoying. PLEASE FIX IT! Or you could lose dear members. :/ So far.. I've really seen no effort on fixing it. Also, it worked fine for quite awhile. Like maybe a few months. I thought it was fixed! But its going to pot again. No offense. But really. Its time to take action on fixing this horrible problem. I've had it with DrawChat crashing. HAD. IT. [Insert rage voice here] *huff* I know, I have read the 'Behavior Policy' and there shouldn't be like 25846151561 posts of the same problem. But isn't that trying to tell you something, Mick? D;< Telling you to finally do something about it? I hate to be a b**ch about this, but it needs to end here! I don't mean to seem rude or anything, I'm just tired of getting kicked off DrawChat for no apparent reason. Some mod's have told me "Its your internet connection, or where you live." No. Its not. I've been in a cafe and had these problems, in my sisters house and had these problems. It HAS to stop here. Some or most of you might not go in DrawChat alot, or at all! So some people think I'm rambling on about nothing. Its not nothing. Once you go in there yourself, and get kicked off, you'll be as mad as I am right now. I'll let it slide one more time for me. If it happens more frequently in the next few months, I'm leaving RMD for GOOD. I'm sorry. But I will. Thank you for your time, Mick. [If you are reading this. Which I hope you are.]

Thank you for posting your comments and feelings about this. And Mick. Please read this. And do something about it.

RIDICULOUS http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m3gq35&s=6

Last edited by Ty lee (28 May, 2012 4:15 am)

COMPOSE YOUR SIGNATURE
A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your forum posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favorite quote or your star sign. It's up to you!

#2 27 May, 2012 3:46 am

Re: Drawchat issues PLEASE READ MICK!!

Same. I'm thinking about leaving,too. But I'm bearing it as much as I could. But This is one reason bwhy I'm disliking RMD. D: Please fix it soon. D: So I agree with what Ty Lee is saying. :c

Also,DC stop any drawings everyone been working on & they worked so hard on them! I know I had this experience before it's so fustrating! Dx

Last edited by animelover1234 (27 May, 2012 3:49 am)

"Death is a promise and life is a lie." - Unknown

#3 27 May, 2012 3:01 pm

Bump ._.

COMPOSE YOUR SIGNATURE
A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your forum posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favorite quote or your star sign. It's up to you!

#4 27 May, 2012 6:32 pm

Yeah, it's getting pretty annyoing. Not only did it happen twice in a row some days ago, but you can also clearly see there are way less people in Drawchat compared to a year ago.

It's just really annoying. Drawchat exists to being able to talk and draw with your friends, not being disconnected and not being able to enter for atleast an hour. In my opinion, I think the whole "more ink" suggestion, was the cause of everything acting up again.

Drawchat was fine the way it was, don't change it because some people can't handle the fact of having to clear something they've worked on. If you want to seriously collab with someone, do it on Java, not in DC.

//End rage comment.

#5 28 May, 2012 1:08 am

BUMP

Last edited by Ty lee (28 May, 2012 1:09 am)

COMPOSE YOUR SIGNATURE

#6 28 May, 2012 1:16 am

I totally agree.. i have been kicked out of draw chat not as far as yesterday night.. and i tried an hour to log back in .. and it never worked... i restarted my computer.. i refreshed the page.. logged out.. nothing worked.. and its for sure annoying.. i was having a great time.. and i had to accept that i could not log in for the whole night yesterday.. i might not quit going on the site.. but it definitly needs to be fixed... I love Rate my drawings but if this goes on too often i might find another site to do my favorite  hobby that is drawing.  thank you .

Be the best of the bests..  know no limits . we are what we think we are.  ..

#7 28 May, 2012 3:09 am

Agreed, agreed. *Stamps approval*

EDIT:
Doesn't it seem like Mick doesn't really care anymore?
Low amounts of updates. And the updates we do get are for more features. Rather than making what we currently have more stable.

First, stability. Then features. Forget rma, rmd is becoming less inhabited.

Last edited by VirusX (28 May, 2012 8:28 am)

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#8 28 May, 2012 1:01 pm

Apologies for such instabilities lately.

Without going into too much detail, there are updates to DrawChat coming. Part of this includes a new version of the drawchat server which needs to run alongside the old drawchat server. It's possible that while both are running at the same time, there may be instability issues. The current status is that most of the updates have been done, bugs are being debugged and some of these are taking a little longer than expected.

The issues you are experiencing should be temporary. Keep an eye on the news/updates forums. The next announcement should be about DrawChat updates.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#9 28 May, 2012 7:45 pm

*glares* not connecting again.

/sweats

#10 29 May, 2012 12:45 am

im having problems sometimes to:(

Teamwork means to never take the blame

#11 29 May, 2012 2:23 am

mick wrote:

Without going into too much detail, there are updates to DrawChat coming. Part of this includes a new version of the drawchat server which needs to run alongside the old drawchat server. It's possible that while both are running at the same time, there may be instability issues. The current status is that most of the updates have been done, bugs are being debugged and some of these are taking a little longer than expected.

The issues you are experiencing should be temporary. Keep an eye on the news/updates forums. The next announcement should be about DrawChat updates.

It'd be NICE to know that there's an update going on or coming up. Maybe you should put a notice on the bottom of the DC log in area. That would be a good idea. Instead of having 50 people make forums about the same problem.
JUST SAYING!

Last edited by Ty lee (29 May, 2012 2:24 am)

COMPOSE YOUR SIGNATURE

#12 29 May, 2012 3:47 am

Okay, okay, Kat. I understand how you feel, but he said the updates are coming. We should just be happy that a fix is on the way.

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#13 29 May, 2012 3:20 pm

VirusX wrote:

Okay, okay, Kat. I understand how you feel, but he said the updates are coming. We should just be happy that a fix is on the way.

I guess you're right, Cam. I'm just frustrated.. x.x

Last edited by Ty lee (30 May, 2012 12:52 am)

COMPOSE YOUR SIGNATURE

#14 01 Jun, 2012 1:04 pm

Aren't the youth today such fine mannered and gracious little beings? Thanks internet. tongue

Thank you for the response Mick.

#15 01 Jun, 2012 6:36 pm

Artist-KGH wrote:

Aren't the youth today such fine mannered and gracious little beings? Thanks internet.  tongue

Thank you for the response Mick.

OuO why,yes we are. =w= >> & yes thanks for telling us Mick. ;w;

"Death is a promise and life is a lie." - Unknown

#16 04 Jun, 2012 2:21 pm

mick wrote:

Really? but drawchat has had disconnecting bugs for as long as i've been on this site. How long is a little longer?

Board footer

136 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.