Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 18 Jun, 2012 3:36 am

Miss the old RMD (memories and me ranting)

In the old days (like way before they have the landscape paper option) RMD was my all time favorite place to be. I would draw every single day and would get comments and ratings and so much helpful critisizm. It felt like Mick and all the mods really cared about this site! I remember the grand introduction to Rate My Animations. I had a ton of friends on DC and wed make so much artwork. I had the time of my life!... Now fast forward to modern RMD...sign... I feel like ratemydrawings.com has really fallen down a deep hole. At one point i stopped coming online because i couldnt become a mod, then i stoped because of rating issues, then i stopped agian because i moved and had to get a new compiter and all that wonderful stuff. I just came back online today....sign... There is so many problems with rmd i was to rant about. first off what the holly heck is wrong with drawchat?! i keep hearing ppl complain about it and i cant get it to open myself. sooo there goes the best part about rmd. Next complaint. The website-wide comps. Emotions? Isnt this the third tiime this was a comp? Next complaint. Its called RATE my drawings rigght??? the why the heck is it so hard to get rates??? Next complaint. This could be jsut because im annoyed at all the other factors but it feels like mick just doesnt care anymore. that saddens me. I want to see RateMyDrawings.com brought back to its formal glory but i cant do it by myself. you all need to invite people here! get some members that will stay and mick fix the god dang issues on this site! I want the old site back! Focus less on updating for the moment and more on getting people to stay! soooo everyone should start throwing out truthful ratings. lets all work together to make this site amazing agian
there are some breathtaking works on this site. thats my possitive note.

HIGHLY ANNOYED

BrandyL

"monkeygirl"

@cabin@ forever <3

what i call beautifull has changed over my days and what i find remarkable i have gained from in so many ways - Brandy L.

#2 18 Jun, 2012 4:11 am

Re: Miss the old RMD (memories and me ranting)

my first ipression on RMD was

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrvy0tiaII1qfu4tho1_r1_500.gif

and

this must be your reaction
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxoywvW53j1qfu4tho1_250.gif

and i was like

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrvymlX3vV1qfu4tho1_500.png

and now hmmm

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkk4lFTRP1qfu4tho1_500.jpg

Last edited by NT1B (18 Jun, 2012 4:12 am)

アクションなしのビジョンは白昼夢である。

#3 18 Jun, 2012 4:21 am

I think Mick secretly laughs at us when something doesn't go our way on his site. I think he purposely shuts down drawchat temporarily just to watch us refresh the page over and over..pointing and laughing at us. He won't admit it..but I have a feeling..lol

**TeeHee!**

#4 18 Jun, 2012 4:56 am

RMD could use some grammar police.

#5 18 Jun, 2012 5:45 am

Artist-KGH wrote:

No KGH, just....no.
That would be more annoying than helpful.
No one likes nitpickers, even if they're right. tongue

-... . - / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. .----. - / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.-

#6 18 Jun, 2012 7:06 am

Sarru wrote:

Artist-KGH wrote:

No KGH, just....no.
That would be more annoying than helpful.
No one likes nitpickers, even if they're right. tongue

Aw come on. They could practice here for a while, then Mick could open ratemygrammar.com.

#7 18 Jun, 2012 7:51 am

OK, OK, I'll put the old RMD back for you....
*walks of to push the blue switch* - CLICK

There you go, it's back smile

first off what the holly heck is wrong with drawchat?! i keep hearing ppl complain about it and i cant get it to open myself. sooo there goes the best part about rmd.

DrawChat has been unstable lately, and rather than fix that mystery (yes it's a bit of a mystery) time is being spent to updating it to use some new server software that I hope will improve performance and reliability - unfortunately it takes some time.

Next complaint. The website-wide comps. Emotions? Isnt this the third tiime this was a comp?

As one of the most popular competitions, it makes sense to do it again a year later - I'm not sure I agree this is a negative thing... people seem to love this smile

Next complaint. Its called RATE my drawings rigght??? the why the heck is it so hard to get rates???

On average many people do seem to rate less. Nothing has really changed with the rating system, this is just about all you guys smile But also there has been a decline in traffic in the past few years. Perhaps everyone is off playing "draw my thing" wink

Next complaint. This could be jsut because im annoyed at all the other factors but it feels like mick just doesnt care anymore. that saddens me.

What makes you think I don't care? I'm guessing it's because you're assuming nothing is being done about DrawChat issues? Hopefully my first answer helped here.

I want to see RateMyDrawings.com brought back to its formal glory but i cant do it by myself. you all need to invite people here! get some members that will stay and mick fix the god dang issues on this site! I want the old site back! Focus less on updating for the moment and more on getting people to stay! soooo everyone should start throwing out truthful ratings. lets all work together to make this site amazing agian
there are some breathtaking works on this site. thats my possitive note.

Thanks for trying to rally everyone to get more active and keep rating. As much as people want more rates, everyone has to rate more yourselves.

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

#8 18 Jun, 2012 9:10 am

I have to admit, it was quite funny reading the introduction.

I draw here like most people do for the pure pleasure of drawing and to share a common interest. I mainly use traditional mediums, but draw here to relax myself and to create ideas to share internationally.

Im sure Mick does his best to keep this site going in all aspects. Because you are on the receiving end, just seems nothing is changing. It takes a lot of work and effort to run a site like this and keep it moderated.

Ratings      = Views.
Rank         = Incentive
Drawchat   = Share ideas with others.
Designs      = YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SHARE A COMMON INTEREST.

Last edited by Ivylia_Nidhyathi (18 Jun, 2012 10:10 am)

#9 18 Jun, 2012 12:15 pm

Hmmm......I love RMD and have never had any problems other than my new computer seems to have a hidden button which can sail my drawing off into cyberspace without warning!!?  LOL!  All else is good! :-D  Can't say one thing bad about RMD..... I love it!!!! :-D  (Of course anyone who doesn't can try Slimber.com and see if you are more impressed!?!!?)

#10 18 Jun, 2012 2:04 pm

mick wrote:

Perhaps everyone is off playing "draw my thing" wink

No, Mick. I don't think everyone is willing enough to play "Draw your thing." Especially if we don't know what it looks like. LOL jk.

Sailor Moon is coming back in 2013 with some of the original voice actors!!!!!!!!! big_smile

#11 18 Jun, 2012 2:10 pm

monkeygirl wrote:

Next complaint. This could be jsut because im annoyed at all the other factors but it feels like mick just doesnt care anymore. that saddens me.

Having been on a lot of online sites, I've yet to find one where a site administrator is more personally involved and visible to its members than Mick is to all of us.  Cut the guy some slack.   With the sheer number of issues he likely has on any given day to deal with, I'm pretty confident in saying no one person could do it any better ... it takes patience and support from all of us.  Maybe instead of complaining so much (and there's been a lot of that in forums lately), we could show some appreciation to Mick that we have this site at all.  An occasional "thank you" never hurts either. wink

#12 18 Jun, 2012 3:27 pm

You are totally right Monkeygirl. I thought this was just my impression until I read your post...... This site needs more publicity. None of the people that I know in real life or cyber space are familiar with this site. I have never seen a ratemydrawings banner anywhere. I found this website through google 2 years ago because I was thinking about building a similar site and I was looking ideas. Its like this site doesn't exist to a lot of people. I have to admit that I'm not coming here as much as I used to. This place needs new people.

Last edited by Fliomania (18 Jun, 2012 4:52 pm)

#13 18 Jun, 2012 6:20 pm

I feel like ratemydrawings.com has really fallen down a deep hole

To go as far as to say that when I've just recently joined. Aren't you being overly dramatic?

And regarding the repeated comp... I dont find anything wrong with that.  I wasn't here a year ago. Not even everyone in rmd was here a year ago. So to repeat a popular competition from last year is a great idea.
cool

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
My motto: An apple a day is seven apples a week.

#14 18 Jun, 2012 6:50 pm

I've tried to invite several people but they all disliked the site. I Guess you could invite people from iscribble, or any other popular drawing site. But I don't know anyone from those sites. I know one but they think this site is for kids because of the name.
LOL @bumblepeach

#15 18 Jun, 2012 8:50 pm

no , this site doesnt need new people =.= it already has this bunch of annoying kids who scribble and fill out recent drawings with crap. maybe some mature people

Show without showing
What you know without knowing.

#16 18 Jun, 2012 9:21 pm

I agree with Mick. At first I didn't understand why the emotions comp was here again, but then I realized many of the old people have left, and new people have come, so its just giving people another chance at the theme. smile If you have a problem with the declining of rates, just rate more yourself and it will be improved, slowly but surely. When I cam back I was a little upset that not many people were as active as they used to be in RMD, they still draw, but they don't participate in contests, rate n comment other's drawings, etc. But that's up to us to fix, RMD and Mick have really nothing to do with that.

VIVA IL PAPA FRANCIS!!! :-)

Proud member of the Squirtle Squad. We're watching you,

#17 18 Jun, 2012 9:47 pm

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4wkjebChm1qkedwi.png

/sweats

#18 19 Jun, 2012 2:44 am

Try RMA. That's a ghosttown. Nearly impossible to get rates.
6 rates? TOP ANIMATION /o3o/

I also notice that the amount rates are going down. But some users don't rate, only comment X'D. Like they forgot. It's actually quite funny :'D. Or maybe that's their style /o3o/

But I'm happy and grateful for what I have. And if my rates are going down then I just have to draw better quality art to earn those rates back c:

Last edited by red*rogue (19 Jun, 2012 2:45 am)

#19 19 Jun, 2012 3:29 pm

Bumblepeach wrote:

I think Mick secretly laughs at us when something doesn't go our way on his site. I think he purposely shuts down drawchat temporarily just to watch us refresh the page over and over..pointing and laughing at us. He won't admit it..but I have a feeling..lol

ROTFLMAO, wow that is so funny to me when I was reading it, I literally started to see mick in front of this robotic huge computer, with tons of screens some drawings in work and others the draw chat page opening and closing and Mick hitting a button with an evil grin, and all the other people who work with Mick pointing and laughing. Wow

Sorry Mick but that was so funny you have to laugh at this one.

I Have been here a long time, and have noticed that RMD has changed in a good way, We have more advanced tools, more connections for Artist of all types. And too me they do care they listen to your ideas. For example I asked if their was a way that we could download or print our favorite work, couple of month break from RMD and Like BOOM I click on one of my favorite pieces and it had a download button.

One thing that has changed is the people here, People come and go, and over the years I have been here rates and comments people is really who you know....Nothing else nothing more...Unless you just create something so totally awesome people all around are like ooooooo ahhhhhhhh wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....then you just aren't going to get much.

HOPE YOU STAY AND BELIEVE IN RMD ONCE MORE!!!!!!

“Are you sure..That we are awake? It seems to me..That yet we sleep, we dream”
― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

#20 19 Jun, 2012 5:25 pm

art_attack wrote:

but then I realized many of the old people have left, and new people have come,

Maybe cuz the site sucks now for the still active users, lol

Sailor Moon is coming back in 2013 with some of the original voice actors!!!!!!!!! big_smile

Board footer

129 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.