Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 28 Jun, 2012 9:11 pm

Can you draw me a cute pig for my movie?

I've shot a short movie (which I can show the rough version of for anyone interested, but here's a quick screengrab https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp … 2390_n.jpg), and I'm looking to put in a picture of a cute, happy pig for like a second. For this reason, it wouldn't have to be too detailed, but it would be nice to make it look kind of 'real'. I wish I could pay someone for this, but as the budget for the film has been like 60 ($100), I'm first looking to see if anyone has the time to collaborate on this.

You'll of course get whatever credit you want in the film. If you're mildly interested, let me know, and I'll tell you all the details!

#2 28 Jun, 2012 10:39 pm

Re: Can you draw me a cute pig for my movie?

hehe. I ish a demon ouo

#3 29 Jun, 2012 3:34 am

What FallenAngel1 said.

/sweats

#4 29 Jun, 2012 4:30 am

Or, you could actually do the request, and help this fellow person out with their movie. There's no need to show off the rulebook to discourage them.

If you don't want to be helpful in any way, then why don't you just not post next time?

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#5 29 Jun, 2012 8:03 am

Well, it's a rule, and we can't just ignore it. Besides that, he probably only joined to let someone else draw what he wants and he'll probably take credit for it too, because it's something HE had to make. There's no need for us RMD members to help him, especially when it's something he has to do himself which he's too lazy to do himself or he just can't draw and is asking someone else to do it for him. I do not approve of this.

#6 29 Jun, 2012 9:31 am

I'm sorry guys, I really didn't think this would bring up so much upset. I've been lurking the community for a while, so decided to just go for it and make a request. As I said, I wouldn't take credit for it, I'd credit the guy who made the piece in the credits at the end/ any other place where credits will be put. For one, it's not my job to plagiarise others' work, but to make the best movie possible, and I think this addition would make it better. Also it's nice to have a lot of names at the end of a short, it shows how much love went into it. There have been over 10 people so far doing different things on this short, putting in time and passion for their hobbies to ultimately have their craft in a collaborative piece at the end. I'm not looking to rip anyone off, and I'm not asking here because I'm too lazy, but I'm looking for someone with a similar mindset, who might be willing to put in a bit of time to put their awesome drawing skills to use, rather than just for practice.

#7 29 Jun, 2012 10:22 am

melldoodle wrote:

Well, it's a rule, and we can't just ignore it. Besides that, he probably only joined to let someone else draw what he wants and he'll probably take credit for it too, because it's something HE had to make. There's no need for us RMD members to help him, especially when it's something he has to do himself which he's too lazy to do himself or he just can't draw and is asking someone else to do it for him. I do not approve of this.

You can't use "It being a rule" to justify your unfair, baseless accusations. Moreso than it being disrespectful to ask for a request simply to get a free drawing, it's disrespectful to throw the rule list in their face, and then talk about how they probably just joined to ask for free drawings, and how they probably want to take credit for your work, and how they probably are lazy, and how we're too high and mighty as RMD members to help anyone who we wrongfully accuse. THAT'S disrespectful.

Moral of my point: Don't accuse people of stuff. You don't know if you're right. And in this particular case, you were wrong.
Be a little more helpful, be a little less obnoxious, be respectful. I'm sure that's a rule, too, here in the forums.

Last edited by VirusX (29 Jun, 2012 10:37 am)

Please do come back.
And play, someday.

#8 29 Jun, 2012 11:32 am

And still, it's also disrespectfull to expect we have time to draw something for someone who just joined for a day.. Cameron I know you're trying to be good here, but Mell is right. Rules ARE rules, we have them for a reason.

Sure you can draw something for him, but I still think it's the right thing to show him the thread and get him to know he may get BANNED for what he is doing.

But Mellanie, you didn't have to say parts that you have said. He said he would give credit, it's not necessary to say "he wouldn't anyways". I know you were trying to do the right thing, but hold your horses, people have emotions.

Also, Iamtheduck, I know you just wanted to request something to get a little help with your movie, but rules are rules we have them for a reason. And I know you just wanted to do the right thing but, we put time and effort into our drawings, blablabla you have read the rest, I hope you have anyhow.

Next time when you request something, I hope you've hung out with some users and have taking some liking and such to our community. Don't be disencouraged keep trying to ask other people on other website, or maybe, hey someone on RMD will draw it for you, you never know.

/sweats

Board footer

106 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.