Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 06 Jul, 2012 12:51 pm

Categories update?

Mick and Admins:

I find myself starting to come into my own here at RMD (finally after years of practice). The drawings/refs that I use tend to be more abstract, or vectors. I find it hard to fit my drawings into categories. I mostly dump them into the "Abstract" section because there is no other ones that fit. Maybe add a few categories for us to help position our drawings correctly? Just a thought.

Second, maybe add a URL section to the submitting page so we can paste the URL of the reference we used if we used one. Help give credit to the original artist instead of "Google Images" or "deviantart" or my favorite, "Ref used" because it takes up character space in the comments, some don't put that they used a ref.

Opinions?

Tv/Music/Movies
Cartoon
Comic Book
Digital (Vectors/Patterns)

Anyone else feel the same? Add your options!

Thanks!

#2 06 Jul, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Categories update?

There already is a section for cartoons smile

VIVA IL PAPA FRANCIS!!! :-)

Proud member of the Squirtle Squad. We're watching you,

#3 06 Jul, 2012 8:47 pm

I find it unfair that manga is the only category here that has it's own "original" section.

I feel RMD has been in desperate need of more categories (like comic book, and vector, and more referenced/fan-art/original categories) for years now, but people seem to fear them being implemented.

I very much like your ideas, and I'm in full agreement with them, but, I wouldn't get my hopes up on this. New categories have been suggested many times over the years, with no change.

#4 07 Jul, 2012 12:10 am

Art Attack: There is..AHH MAN I missed it. lol. I was having a brain/heat moment.. tongue

KGH: Yeah it's "unfair" and i get that it has a HUGE following that should have it's own section. Maybe a few updates here and there will help add more artists. Sometimes it's the little things that attract people to it. I won't get my hopes up, but I figured it was on my noggin so i'd ask/request/question it.

#5 10 Jul, 2012 11:14 pm

I'd sign your petition  (you should make a petition>http://www.change.org/) 

It's fine, it doesn't matter how many people are into manga, the style never changes because it's style guide is so defined- which is why kids love it because you can "learn how to draw" manga, just by following rules, but the downside is that it's 99% uninspired rubbish.  (100% in the fan art section)

Abstract needs more categories, cartoon needs more, and i think that fantasy and animals should be split up into mythological creatures (unicorns) creatures (random creatures people make up) and animals (real animals)

Maybe a tag system would work better than categories.  Just have tons of tags and the more popular tags would appear on a list kind of like the one that shows which users are online. (the more drawings they have the larger they appear) or in the case of tags, the more drawings a tag has the higher up it would be on the list.  Maybe viewers could select the tags that the pictures apply to? idk somethin.

Anyways that's all I really wanted to say. (:

Board footer

226 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.