Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 29 Jul, 2012 4:34 am

Can't load drawing on CanvasDraw? Please help!

Today I started a drawing on CD and saved it as a .png file. When I try loading it onto CanvasDraw, there's a  little pop-up window that says "Please upload only rmdc files." I thought
you're SUPPOSED to use .png files! I'm really tired and I don't want to have to finish my drawing tonight. :c Please help!

Thank you~

P.S Since it says "Please upload only rmdc files", I tried changing the .png to .rmdc but it still doesn't work! :'c

Last edited by PassingAlong (30 Jul, 2012 12:53 am)

#2 30 Jul, 2012 9:37 am

Re: Can't load drawing on CanvasDraw? Please help!

Euww.. I don't think that's going to work D: If you want to reload it you should pick "Save Progress" instead of export as png. Then it usually saves as a .rmdc automatically too.

.png is only to save a picture of the final drawing to your computer.

woah, this tail is absolutely delicious =o.o=

#3 31 Jul, 2012 12:44 am

Dango wrote:

Euww.. I don't think that's going to work D: If you want to reload it you should pick "Save Progress" instead of export as png. Then it usually saves as a .rmdc automatically too.

.png is only to save a picture of the final drawing to your computer.

Uwaaah! So you don't think it's going to work? D: I tried sooo haaard X_X

#4 01 Aug, 2012 3:15 am

Much like Dango said:

I don't think that It will work, since I'm pretty sure .png and a .rmdc files are different formats, and the upload feature will not read a file that was compressed as a .png, but simply renamed as a .rmdc.

If you still have the drawing open, then resave it by clicking "Save Drawing," then "Save Progress" instead of "Export-Save as png."  It should then prepare the download, and you can download the file (it even has a note saying to make sure you save it as a .rmdc file in case you forget to).

The .png file is only for personal use, really.  If you would like to upload it to a different website to show others how your drawing is progressing or if you want to save the final, you can save it as a .png file just like you'd save any other drawing as a .jpg file using the Download link after you upload it.

I hope that helps, and I hope you're able to save and recover your drawing! smile

Last edited by JillyBean (01 Aug, 2012 3:16 am)

#5 01 Aug, 2012 7:34 pm

Aaw, I wasn't able to. :(( I closed the window a couple days ago(it was late at night). Thank you for the help, though!

Last edited by PassingAlong (01 Aug, 2012 7:35 pm)

Board footer

171 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.