Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 06 Oct, 2012 2:48 am

Know any good mangas?

I've read all the mangas I can think of. Can you suggest some that you like? And even if you don't, we can still have fun discussing the ones we have in common :3

I'd prefer something clean, though. No cursing or M/R- rated stuff. I don't need to see any of that >_>

But here's a list of manga I've already read so far, just so that you don't suggest something I've already read.

One Piece (I want it to update TToTT)
Kaichou wa Maid-sama (also needs to be updated)
Kitchen Princess
Soul Eater (actually, I quit it, it was too ecchi. I'd rather watch the anime.)
Rurouni Kenshin
Kare Kano (want to find the rest of that....)
Library Wars: Love & War (/Toshokan Sensou: Love & War)
Fruits Basket (finished as of last night! TTATT)
Ranma 1/2 (weird but funny)
Inuyasha (fun, and I've seen the anime multiple times)

And then there's a bunch more that I've forgotten the names of. XP

Last edited by OwariNaiYume (22 Dec, 2012 12:52 am)

Everything will be all right in the end; and if it is not all right, it is not the end.
-Paolo Coelho

#2 06 Oct, 2012 6:54 pm

Re: Know any good mangas?

Lets seeee...

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x133/Arctic_Penguin/Mangalist.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x133/Arctic_Penguin/Manga_zps16ea49da.png

Most of these shouuuuld be good, I don't like reading stuff with too much language or content either. But some of these I may have stopped reading because of as it went on it got worse, but if you read One piece you should be fiiiine X) But I will name the ones that aren't as good...

Nobless (For an interestingly dressed woman on one chapter)
Magician (KIM sarae) (for nudity) I actually stopped reading this :S
That's all I can actually remember X)

Oh...and I think most of them are like...Shoujo romancy kind XD But I also love culinary manga (Cooking Master boy is really good!) XD

Last edited by Day_dreamer (06 Oct, 2012 6:55 pm)

#3 14 Oct, 2012 8:16 pm

I love shugoo chara its amazing, And Toradora cause its cute and short but I love it xxx

ILOVEBISCUITS!big_smile

#4 14 Oct, 2012 10:34 pm

I don't usually read manga, but when I do I read Yotsuba. (yes I'm aware that I phrased it like the meme xD) I don't really read em because they have quite a lot of content sometimes, but I love Yotsuba so much! smile Its pretty clean.

VIVA IL PAPA FRANCIS!!! :-)

Proud member of the Squirtle Squad. We're watching you,

#5 14 Oct, 2012 10:35 pm

Yeah, Yotsuba is cute :3

Everything will be all right in the end; and if it is not all right, it is not the end.
-Paolo Coelho

#6 20 Dec, 2012 9:51 pm

You must read Dengeki Daisy and Beast Master, those are the best mangas I know, after that Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama, but you already know that one smile

PERRIBOTTA. (≧∇≦)

#7 21 Dec, 2012 12:47 am

lol,

God of Highschool
main characters remind me of Luffy, Nami and Zoro.

Last edited by red*rogue (21 Dec, 2012 12:53 am)

#8 21 Dec, 2012 2:23 am

I know what you mean.. it's actually hard to find. (I quit Soul Eater too >>)
I actually have a whole list, but I'm braindead (and sick)right now, so I'll be back to this ♥

#9 21 Dec, 2012 1:39 pm

minamoto-kun monogatari

Oh! Hi juli!!!!!!-

#10 21 Dec, 2012 2:57 pm

I reccomend trying Dengeki Daisy, Ao Haru Ride, Strobe Edge, Say I Love You or Ookami Shoujo To Kuro Ouji  <3

Fan-Girling Like A Boss.

#11 21 Dec, 2012 11:48 pm

and.. *O* you watched the Fruits Basket anime yet? <3

Fan-Girling Like A Boss.

#12 22 Dec, 2012 12:51 am

MollieChristina- wrote:

Well... I watched the first episode a few years ago... and I hated it. I didn't like the anime at all, especially after I learned that the anime doesn't stick to the plot of the manga. hmm

-Paolo Coelho

#13 29 Dec, 2012 10:33 pm

Ouran High School Host Club

#14 31 Dec, 2012 7:04 pm

OwariNaiYume wrote:

MollieChristina- wrote:

Well... I watched the first episode a few years ago... and I hated it. I didn't like the anime at all, especially after I learned that the anime doesn't stick to the plot of the manga. hmm

Yes. Right here.

#15 31 Dec, 2012 7:24 pm

yumi-himee wrote:

Ouran High School Host Club

I'm currently reading this a second time. The first was a few years ago. It's pretty good.

My favorites are Pandora Hearts, Ao no Exorcist, lol.

Some less intense, cuter things I enjoyed are
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
K-on!
(OHSHC, obviously)
These above are kinda questionable, I think Ouran and K-on have some g*y, yaoi/y*uri references (Ouran being acting and K-on being Mugi's imagination, K-on stops after the first volume, though, I think.) The Melancholy and K-on have some *cough* "body shape" jokes, though.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjyuu (less popular, but very cute) although I think there's one homo girl (it's been awhile)

Saikyou Seitokai Tsubakiyo (very unpopular, but it was SO cute)
The World God Only Knows
Toradora
These three are very clean(as much as I can remember xD)

Dengeki Daisy is cute
Fairy Tail is good
Akagami no Shirayukihime, very nice
Full Moon wo Sagashite was *this close* to being to sugary for me, personally, but I don't know your tastes ^^

lol way too many words are red underlined, stupid Google Chrome doesn't know Japanese tongue

Anyway, I hope I can help, trust me, it's hard to find clean manga these days, don't lose hope!

#16 31 Dec, 2012 7:31 pm

SOUL EATER WAS A MANGA?!?!?!?yikes

I liked My Little Ponies BEFORE friendship was magic!!!!

#17 01 Jan, 2013 6:20 am

Luna Moon Kitten wrote:

SOUL EATER WAS A MANGA?!?!?!?yikes

Yep. Most animes are based off of something, whether it be manga, video games, card games, movies, etc. I wouldn't recommend reading Soul Eater, though. It was too perverted for my tastes (I was fine with the anime because it was so action-y, but I don't know your tastes ^.^").

-Paolo Coelho

#18 01 Jan, 2013 6:23 am

CreamyLamb wrote:

OwariNaiYume wrote:

MollieChristina- wrote:

Yes. Right here.

Well, I usually don't worry about whether the plots match up (as long as they're both good and/or interesting), but this one was just too much of a twist. I think they might have even been better off doing a complete spinoff using the same characters, and they might have gotten a better result.

But eh. I like a lot of other stuff where the movie splits off from the book (coughcoughHowToTrainYourDragoncoughcough).

-Paolo Coelho

#19 01 Jan, 2013 3:11 pm

My Girl Sahara Mizu Manga.....
http://mangafox.me/manga/my_girl_sahara_mizu/

Pizabeth

#20 01 Jan, 2013 4:10 pm

OwariNaiYume wrote:

CreamyLamb wrote:

OwariNaiYume wrote:

Yes. Right here.

Well, I usually don't worry about whether the plots match up (as long as they're both good and/or interesting), but this one was just too much of a twist. I think they might have even been better off doing a complete spinoff using the same characters, and they might have gotten a better result.

But eh. I like a lot of other stuff where the movie splits off from the book (coughcoughHowToTrainYourDragoncoughcough).

Yeah, I get what you mean. And my friend watched it instead and that bothered me for some reason. And what bothered me most was I heard Akito was a man, and I was like, "How does that even get close to the basic MAIN PROBLEM of the story" :I I get worked up about that stuff.

(Andyes,IreadHowToTrainYourDragonandwatchedit,bothweregood C; )

Board footer

124 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.