Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 15 Apr, 2012 11:29 pm

Message Dump

I have a serious problem.  I'm a message hoarder.  I keep all of the old messages that're significant to me.

The only problem that arises when doing this, is that my inbox is currently 99% full, I'm constantly forced to selectively deleting messages to make room for new ones, and when I forget to do so, my friends can't reach me privately due to a 100% full inbox.

A very close friend of mine suggested:
"But you should really clear out your inbox too u.u like put all the messages in a word document so you can still keep them."

I really liked this idea, and I immediately went into my inbox to do this, but there are 20 messages on each page, and 5 pages of messages.  That's 100 messages that I have to copy and past one by one, and I'm lazy..

Therefore, I'm suggesting a "Message Dump".  Just a nifty little button you can click, and all of you inbox messages will appear in box where you can copy them, paste them in a word document, and then delete all of the messages in your inbox efficiently.

I'm not entirely sure how difficult it'd be to execute this, but I just though it'd be helpful for me, as well as my fellow message hoarders.

#2 16 Apr, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Message Dump

L Approved.

Hey I just met you
And this is crazy~
But join this website ; http://www.ratemyanimations.com/index.php
And animate, maybe?

#3 16 Apr, 2012 2:39 am

JillyBean wrote:

A very close friend of mine suggested: "But you should really clear out your inbox too u.u like put all the messages in a word document so you can still keep them."

Hey. I know that person!

I support this. Because you are lazy. and the title 'message dump' sounds cool. cool

Hakuna matata.

#4 28 Jul, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm totally in, because I currently have a 100% inbox, and most of the time it's like that, so I think Mick should approve this. ^^)

Be calm, and live. MY FAVE SONG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56QAWuWLPRk
GO F.U.N., YOU ROCK!

#5 28 Jul, 2012 5:43 pm

I think this is a great idea, now to see the coding and technical side of this to actually execute it. Come on' it's just simple text.

Know when the time is right on...Time.

#6 31 Jul, 2012 8:59 am

Omhmygodyesplease. I love re-reading all my older messages but..it get full quickly..;^; -supports-

"Death is a promise and life is a lie." - Unknown

#7 31 Jul, 2012 7:17 pm

when this becomes a real feature and my inbox is full and i'm able to copy everything i'll make sure to thank you u.u

#8 06 Nov, 2012 9:35 pm

this is awesome idea .i am with ya.

AMMONA

#9 06 Nov, 2012 9:39 pm

just, like an archive box? o3o

Who came up with hugs? The very first hug must have really been creepy.
"What're you doing.....why are you holding me?"
"Just....trust me on this one. "

#10 07 Nov, 2012 1:57 am

Yes to this idea.

"You have heart."

#11 21 Mar, 2013 7:23 pm

great idea. i agree tho i think there should b no limit 2 messages haha or something lol

:3

#12 05 Oct, 2013 7:39 am

More message memory, perhaps, mines always at about 95% full /:

#13 06 Oct, 2013 6:08 am

Just a reminder to those of you having message probs - if you're not aware, make sure you view your SENT folder and delete any unwanted messages there as they contribute to your 100%.

I have also, just now increased everyones message capacity from 200 messages to 500.

Enjoy! smile

The best way to support our community is to just keep drawing - even if it's for fun and not serious. Another way is by taking time to occasionally rate and comments drawings by new or learning artists.

Board footer

139 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.