Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#1 12 Nov, 2012 4:20 pm

Furry/Anthro Art Type

I've been drawing furries my whole life and I enjoy it very much. For the past 4 years or so I've been posting them on RMD <3 I am slightly discouraged when I go to post my furry art under Manga Original when its more furry than manga. I think furry or Anthro-Morphic art to be more professional should have its own type on RMD for the simple reason, what if I am looking for furry art maybe I wish to study other people's art and get better at it myself or maybe I want to help people get better. With whatever reason it would prove more helpful for people to find the art if it had its own are. It really has started to become its own style over the years.

This would also encourage more anthro artists to Join RMD honestly sometimes furry artists are shy and are worried their art isn't welcome to an art site Furry have a lot of haters. Seeing a furry art type would also encourage the thing RMD supports the most that artists of all kind are welcome to RMD.

Some people are stereotypical on anthro artists and say bad things about them that isn't true. To disclaim that I'll show you some of my art 

https://d.facdn.net/art/xiileoiix/1350747094.xiileoiix_my_head_hurts.png

does that look bad to you?

Anyways I think a furry or anthro art type if anything could only help and figured you RMD Programmers may find it worth your time smile

Last edited by leoowens1991 (12 Nov, 2012 4:26 pm)

"Fate is the choices given to us all Destiny is the outcome."

Leo

#2 12 Nov, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: Furry/Anthro Art Type

good idea! C:

Akbar is awesome cuz he never calls you names

He never really calls you anything cuz he's just a corn

#3 13 Nov, 2012 1:40 pm

Agreed! Furries are cute, even though I never draw them. big_smile

#4 18 Nov, 2012 7:44 pm

AmberElric wrote:

Agreed! Furries are cute, even though I never draw them. big_smile

Very much so, though a lot of furry art can be considered manga art as they are in they bright colors wide eyed and exadurated emotions etc.. not all furry art is in that style. Mine can technically be called manga but I just don't feel right calling it manga anymore unless I am woring on a comic when of course I still call it a Manga Graphic Novel.

"Fate is the choices given to us all Destiny is the outcome."

Leo

Board footer

205 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.