Forum discussions Who's online Member Birthdays
Forum Search

#21 30 Nov, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: Which do you prefer better, drawing with pens or drawing with pencils?

pencils all the way! though i dont' like it when i draw too lightly and it ends up blurring slighty or fading. hmm but i'm scared to death of drawing with pens 'cause if i make a mistake, i could mess up the whole drawing.

"Everything will turn out alright in the end, and if it's not alright, then it's not the end"
-----------------------------------

#22 25 Apr, 2013 3:07 am

I used to use pencil to draw out guides for my drawings, but somehow when I improved more I preferred it when I just use black pen to sketch it out.

It looks rough and sketchy but that's how I like it

I'll come back! Promise!

#23 25 Apr, 2013 3:26 am

Pencils, and then outlining in pen if I feel like it

#24 28 Apr, 2013 9:05 am

I mix them. I usually do line work with "pigma" micron or brush pens and add shadows with pencils.

#25 28 Apr, 2013 11:34 pm

I trained myself to use pens. I love a dark line.pencils are okay but smudge if you arent careful. pens it is!!

#26 29 Apr, 2013 7:12 pm

Started off drawing with ballpoint pens really, I shade with scribbles so it works out fine for me. Drawing with pen challenges you a whole lot more because you need to think about what you're doing because any mistake is a huge one cause it's pretty much permanent and trying to fix it requires effort. Even when I use pencil, I still go with similar approach, I hardly ever erase unless it's absolutely unfixable. I go with pen, because it has a close place to my heart big_smile

Board footer

189 online members & visitors
See who's online
Follow us on:
RateMyDrawings on FacebookRateMyDrawings on YouTube RateMyDrawings on Twitter

About RateMyDrawings Terms & Conditions Advertise on RMD Privacy Policy Donate Behavior Guide

Mixart New Media LLC. Online Art Communities
As creators of drawings, you own the rights to your own drawings. Respect copyright protected artwork.
More information in our Terms and Copyright Policy.